Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

I guess when it comes down to it there are two kinds of players.

Players that play for power and speed: The players that cant stand to be weak and have too be the strongest with the best equipment.

Players who play for fun and enjoyment: The players that simply play to have fun on the game and they dont care about being the best but at the same time they play to be decent players.

Back on topic in my opinion I find MF a change from FT simply cuz FT was just too easy. Yes we dont have to argue the fact that FT did more dmg then MF did tech wise. I only play the class for the speed and cool looks that lvl 41+ techs have. I feel MF is a great class for my play style but I understand that its not for everyone and I can respect that everybody has their own opinion.
    Last edited by thunder-ray; Feb 13, 2009 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    looking cool is part of psu, sure. but does it favor looks over stats for weapons, like the axe example we were talking about?

and if the point WAS to look cool, you would be rewarded for wearing fancy clothes or using shiny weapons instead of killing monsters. hell, we wouldnt be fighting monsters as the main activity in the first place. btw, you are punished for wearing clothes since they take up inventory slots, lol.

there is a lot of customization in the gran turismo series also, but actually racing your car and winning races is the main point of the game.
    the top spin tennis series also. lots of character customization, but winning tennis matches is the goal of the game.

FM = kills monsters fast as hell
    GM = kills monsters fast as hell

are you saying FM + AT clears seed express faster than FM + GM?
    ummmmm kinda? lol they are there for support after all so they do kinda bring down the play time on the missions....and to be honest...really any class will bring down the play time on the mission...yes even master force but seriously the point of the game is to have a good time..cuz when they shut down the servers do you want your memorys to be...oh dude i cleared td in 3 mins...OR do you want then to be of all the interesting people u met and the new friends u have...ya know?
    Another mission the powers have called me away. Another time to carry the colors again.
    My motivation an oath I've sworn to defend. To win the honor of coming back home again.
    No explanation will matter after we begin. Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within.
    My true vocation and now my unfortunate friend. You will discover a war you're unable to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    As I said before, some people don't like getting the short end of the stick. I've stuck with being a techer for awhile mainly because it's what I enjoy. It gets harder to enjoy it realizing the other types are much better. Give me PSU V1 fortetecher all over again, then I'll be happy. It was challenging yet effective to use.

From the very start of AOTI, I realized the system changed for the worse, and didn't like how techer was barely improved, but I didn't let it sway me. That is until master types came out, as MF is barely an improvement over FT as far as offense damage goes add the loss of support and horrible offensive stats. I've reached the point where couldn't play techer anymore, as I gave it so many chances. And couldn't enjoy it for what it was.

I'm going to abuse GM for all it's worth, and kill off my experience with the techer offense style entirely. I'll still play AT, but not as much. I'm done ranting.
    Ah, I see where your frustration came from then. Under those circumstances it's understandable why you wouldn't enjoy playing a techer class. It's a shame the whole JA system was put into place, it messed up a lot of things. Hopefully the balancing issues between melee and teching will be addressed. From what I've noticed, bullets seem to be fine as is, but I'll leave that up to a seasoned ranger-types to decide that.

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŘ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

Master classes are for elites. You have to play correctly and think intelligent. Unfortunately thats out for FM. all the newbs have 10-20% mugunruks with 50 dus majarra and lvl 8 redda and spiral dance.

Master classes are for people that don't suck (except for fighmaster). If you suck, go back to forte or a hybrid class. /thread

I can fully understand people are not satisfied with MF as it did get a really minor upgrade from FT. FM and GM got such great boots it really is unfair. On the other hand, this should have been expected as FT already got the short end of the stick. But saying MF fails is a little too harsh IMO as it is better than FT but just not as good as the other Masterclasses. It is still a fun class to use and can be helpful in parties (except in parties full of elitist). All in all, I do wish MF will become a big boost in damage and Multi hitting targets. It doesn't need more support as that isn't it's role and that's great, we have enough teching classes than can support.

Now, what I also want to mention is that Inuzuma is being really to hard on everything. I mean, we all know by now that Inuzuma is a big elitist and only cares about mission time, if it is fun for him I do not know, but I know that this playstyle will never be fun for me, or some others. So, I do not care what kind of classes people play or what race/class combo they are as long as we all have fun. Yes I don't mind Cast Techers joining me, or Newman Fighters(I am one myself). For me this game is all about fun and, I have the most fun thinking about my looks and yeah having fun with friends on missions, even if it takes longer. I also don't use the strongest weapons if they look ugly in my eyes. For example I use a Okarod with my Newman FF because I just love the way it looks on her and have so much more fun playing that way. I just don't see my chars as some mission finishing machines I give them some background info and personality.
    Inuzuma, if you really have fun being an elitist it's ok, but just don't go bashing on other classes or race type combos just because you wouldn't use them. Or expect other people to only think about fast mission clear time as you do. I just would appreciate if you understand the playing style and fun for others as we can understand yours.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Mf got the short end of the stick?..it's techers in general they all need re-balancing.At this point i can't even see mf being better than ft at all in most parties yet alone solo. I enjoy the tech classes but there is very little to no redeeming qualities about most of them at this point.The other classes take little to no effort to be good at and the ones you need to put some effort in aren't really worth it unless you enjoy it.It's time for another psu re-balance hopefully this one will make the game balanced in some way.Just ask yourself what is it that techers are good at? and you'll see what's wrong with them.
    I ran from the grove maybe 1 day I'll go back.

Special Tactics Squad shadowsniper6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    As I said before, some people don't like getting the short end of the stick. I've stuck with being a techer for awhile mainly because it's what I enjoy. It gets harder to enjoy it realizing the other types are much better. Give me PSU V1 fortetecher all over again, then I'll be happy. It was challenging yet effective to use.

From the very start of AOTI, I realized the system changed for the worse, and didn't like how techer was barely improved, but I didn't let it sway me. That is until master types came out, as MF is barely an improvement over FT as far as offense damage goes add the loss of support and horrible offensive stats. I've reached the point where couldn't play techer anymore, as I gave it so many chances. And couldn't enjoy it for what it was.

I'm going to abuse GM for all it's worth, and kill off my experience with the techer offense style entirely. I'll still play AT, but not as much. I'm done ranting.
    Why were you ranting in the first place?
    were you mad cause you couldn't hit anything as a mf? gunmasters stealing your kills?
    if you don't like techerism any more don't play it
    Psu character names:
    Wynn

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsniper6 View Post
    if you don't like techerism any more don't play it
    It doesn't sound like she is.

"Somebody will be waiting for me, so I...have gotta SHINE BRIGHTER!!"
    Matic: H Male, WT/AT/FI
    Mioné: N Female, FT/MF

Quote Originally Posted by fayt6 View Post
    ummmmm kinda? lol they are there for support after all so they do kinda bring down the play time on the missions....and to be honest...really any class will bring down the play time on the mission...yes even master force but seriously the point of the game is to have a good time..cuz when they shut down the servers do you want your memorys to be...oh dude i cleared td in 3 mins...OR do you want then to be of all the interesting people u met and the new friends u have...ya know?
    ok i give up. no matter how many times i ask you to compare AT's clear time w/ the other types, you wont do it. ill just say it for you then. the clear time would be lower w/ FM or GM instead of AT, therefore they are actually more helpful than AT.

when i look back at psobb, im happy that i was the very best fonewearl. no one else even came close. i accomplished all my goals in psobb, including getting every useful item for fonewearl. i could beat anyone in rule 1 battle mode as well, including other fonewearls that were almost 100 levels higher than me. i doubt if i can ever become the best psu player since i stupidly stuck to MF all this time. my FM is crap compared to others, but i will at least try. either way, i can look back at psu and be happy i did my best.
    Quit PSO2