Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

you only asked like once or twice...and i kinda did give u evidence idk if u looked or what but if ya think about it i was kinda right lmao
    i said resta = heals and less time your actualy dead ....
    oh and buffs yea they make ya stronger so your attacks will hit for higher NUMBERS lmao wich brings down the clear time...
    they can also cast diga ...kinda fast at mother brains arms hitting for around 1800(my human acrotecher) or around that...so the arms will die kinda fast making fighmaster able to jabaspam or majjara spam her in her face

and inazuma you can become the best...cuz the beauty of psu is that its not really that hard sure bullet pas kinda take a while to lvl but fighter pas are fast to lvl and if you already capped force u can do runs to get rares and just transfer items and other stuff over and mass synth and get some decent weps n line shields so if you try im sure you can do great good luck on your world domination of psu
    Another mission the powers have called me away. Another time to carry the colors again.
    My motivation an oath I've sworn to defend. To win the honor of coming back home again.
    No explanation will matter after we begin. Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within.
    My true vocation and now my unfortunate friend. You will discover a war you're unable to win.

No master class is for elite players is there even a thing called elite on this game when everyone has the same spells weps and armors etc......what exactly can you call elite?Now if this were the old days where if u died you lost rank and meseta was hard to come by then i could consider people elitist but these days its so easy to buy anything or easily raise a class or PA art how can you consider yourself elite.I actually found the best players are the ones who play for fun compared to these so called "elitist" with that 10/10 ank buti and lvl 50 jabroga ......
    PSU Character Information
    DivineTenken"Sojiro"150 beastFF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(
    Dark Hadou "Sakura" 115 CastFT(20)-AT(20)-WT(20)-MF(20)
    BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
    Hikikomori-Neet 70 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(20)
    Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.GT Xxantman215xX

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ouSakura-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    ok i give up. no matter how many times i ask you to compare AT's clear time w/ the other types, you wont do it. ill just say it for you then. the clear time would be lower w/ FM or GM instead of AT, therefore they are actually more helpful than AT.

when i look back at psobb, im happy that i was the very best fonewearl. no one else even came close. i accomplished all my goals in psobb, including getting every useful item for fonewearl. i could beat anyone in rule 1 battle mode as well, including other fonewearls that were almost 100 levels higher than me. i doubt if i can ever become the best psu player since i stupidly stuck to MF all this time. my FM is crap compared to others, but i will at least try. either way, i can look back at psu and be happy i did my best.
    The comparison to BB is what makes your viewpoint really amusing. On PSO, a "well-played" foney, (by what I assume your definition is from your love of "mages" and your rage-on for OMG DAMAGE), would actually be detrimental to a high-offense team if they weren't smart. This is due to anemic tech damage being completely gutted by sky-high resists and ending up damage cancelling everyone else. Especially if the other teammates are using sacrificials (Berserk/Spirit/Charge). Forces on PSO did better with casting support techs and then using weapons, at least in Ultimate multi-mode. Slight reprieve in Ep4, but try nuking in Ep2 and be prepared to cry. Which you probably did, loudly and repeatedly...leading to your disgusting elitism here as compensation.

Anyway. Does anyone here on the NA PS2/PC servers know enough good M Cast FMs/GMs to be able to form competent, consistent parties of only those "superior" classes?

No?

Yeah, what I thought. Most people here (other than you) don't play on the "superior" JP servers. Or if they do, they aren't bothered enough by our use of "inferior" classes to the point where they feel the need to proselytize for them in a crusade against all characters that aren't M Cast FM/GM/PT.

That's where most of the arguments are coming from here. While in theory, you're correct in your analysis of the classes' differing abilities. We know ST sucks at balance. They have since PSO. But you're applying your conclusions to a community that doesn't exist.

You go to war with the army you have, not the army you want. The population's small enough here that most people choose to play in groups of their friends, not in random parties optimized to farm SEED Express for the most efficient meseta-to-time ratio. And since most people aren't hardcore elitists, they're going to choose to play with their friends and use what they want to use. They may optimize based on what they use within that class, but they're likely picking that class and that race because there's a combination of abilities that appeals to them.

The great thing about PSU (one of its only real steps up from PSO's balance, IMO) is that damage cancel no longer exists. Anyone who's adding damage, no matter how little it is, is still adding damage. They aren't cancelling out their stronger teammates. The only way a party member can be actively detrimental to their team is when they're knocking enemies around and positionally screwing up their teammates' attacks.

Which, as you've probably noticed, is something the majority of FMs with low-% weapons tend to do. But as they're obviously "superior", you never seem to mention that part.

In your perfect world, everyone really would be a M Cast FM/GM and would be solely dedicated to running only the most profitable missions on a meseta/time ratio. There's no mechanical reason why that's bad. It's "optimal". One slight problem though.

That world exists only in your head, Inazuma. And maybe in certain sections on the JP PC/PS2 servers, on which the majority of PSOW doesn't play. Your bitching about that world that doesn't exist does nothing but alienate people from you here. Not that it matters...since you don't even seem to understand the concept of "friendship" as being paramount to meseta/time.

You'd be much better served by posting these arguments somewhere that the population of the game actually has the means and werewithal to support them. Ie, the Japanese servers.

So go rant there, please.

>< that was harsh.....
    PSU Character Information
    DivineTenken"Sojiro"150 beastFF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(
    Dark Hadou "Sakura" 115 CastFT(20)-AT(20)-WT(20)-MF(20)
    BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
    Hikikomori-Neet 70 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(20)
    Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.GT Xxantman215xX

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...ouSakura-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by XxAntMan215xX View Post
    >< that was harsh.....
    Yeah, it was intended to be. He reminds me of a consultant at my place of work. Coming in, setting up a new system. Ignoring all the realities of the situation and saying that all our business processes must change RIGHT NOW since it's slightly more efficient to do things this way.

And offering no help to actually do any of the conversion.

There are people in this world who are entirely incapable of understanding any concept of human-system interaction. They assume that the system is the system, the system works this way and everyone should automatically do things this way. Ignoring training the users how to do things the new way, keeping the procedures running while the months-long transition takes place, untraining them on the old processes, training the customers to actually use the new system and convincing people to like the new system enough to actually use it.

Which of course, never works. Kind of the same way that saying "doing things any way but this way is stupid and a failure", when overlooking the fact that those same methods were top of the line six months prior, and haven't gotten any worse just because something at the optimal end of the performance spectrum has gotten a slight improvement in efficiency when given enough resources.

Problem with that? People are variable. They're going to do what they want to do, and the more you berate that way of doing things, the more they hate you.

magus_84 > inazuma lmao
    Another mission the powers have called me away. Another time to carry the colors again.
    My motivation an oath I've sworn to defend. To win the honor of coming back home again.
    No explanation will matter after we begin. Unlock the dark destroyer that's buried within.
    My true vocation and now my unfortunate friend. You will discover a war you're unable to win.

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Inazuma is right though. Given the way the game is currently balanced only a handful of classes are even worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiero_Glyph View Post
    Inazuma is right though. Given the way the game is currently balanced only a handful of classes are even worth playing.
    Yeah. It's a shame all those people who've been leveling non-Master classes and PAs for the past few years didn't get the memo two years ago that eventually all of their hard work would be invalidated.

Sucks to be them, I guess.

I'm of the opinion that if you enjoy playing a class and you aren't actively trying to screw over your teammates, that's at least a bit of added worth. As long as you're aware there are "better" ways to do things that require you to do things entirely differently, it's your choice.

If everyone were ignorant of what Master classes can do, I'd feel far more comfortable with Inazuma's argument. Thing is, they're not. And yet they're still choosing to use non-Masters. And non-Casts. Obviously, those classes are still "worth playing" to them.

For the record, my two highest-leveled characters are a human male AT and a beast male GM. I enjoy the AT more, despite the GM being overwhelmingly more powerful and somewhat more survivable.
    Last edited by Magus_84; Feb 14, 2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: I fail at counting.

you can hate me all you want, but im only speaking the truth. if FM + GM clears missions faster than FM + AT, thats that. no amount of complaining will change it. it doesnt matter if im nice or an asshole or whatever. the game is the way it is, and im not responsible for designing it.

also, its entirely possible for someone to do more harm than good to the party. lets say a FM can clear the mission in 10 mins. if a poor player were to join him, and the two of them cleared in 8 mins, the FM would actually be earning meseta and items slower than he was solo. this is b/c meseta and item drops arent boosted that much when a new party member joins. if the new player has higher luck, that can help some. too bad the number of boss boxes stays the same. unless that 2nd member is at least fairly close to the FM in strength, he will only end up doing harm.

b/c of how the game works, i try to stick of parties of 2, maybe 3 members. 4 is about as many as i can take. and of course solo is very good, if not the best choice. its not too hard to find one other player who shares the same playstyle as me, so forming optimal parties is a lot easier than you make it sound.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    you can hate me all you want, but im only speaking the truth. if FM + GM clears missions faster than FM + AT, thats that. no amount of complaining will change it. it doesnt matter if im nice or an asshole or whatever. the game is the way it is, and im not responsible for designing it.

also, its entirely possible for someone to do more harm than good to the party. lets say a FM can clear the mission in 10 mins. if a poor player were to join him, and the two of them cleared in 8 mins, the FM would actually be earning meseta and items slower than he was solo. this is b/c meseta and item drops arent boosted that much when a new party member joins. if the new player has higher luck, that can help some. too bad the number of boss boxes stays the same. unless that 2nd member is at least fairly close to the FM in strength, he will only end up doing harm.

b/c of how the game works, i try to stick of parties of 2, maybe 3 members. 4 is about as many as i can take. and of course solo is very good, if not the best choice. its not too hard to find one other player who shares the same playstyle as me, so forming optimal parties is a lot easier than you make it sound.

No, you're responsible for preaching it.

Boot them, since you would be getting more meseta solo at that point, and you've made it abundantly clear that's what is important to you. That's your choice.

You're on JP. The majority of the population here isn't. That was my entire point.