Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Default Ad-Hoc Party US meet-up thread/Ad-Hoc Party FAQ

If you got the english PSP demo, and have a PS3, download the Ad-Hoc Party off of the japanese playstation store, and meet up with us. Please use this thread to organize where and when to meet.

Oh, and if you want to add me to your friends list, my PSN is FunkyChunkyDude.
    Our offical server is World C, Lobby 20. If you can't find anyone there, try J-50. That's the general English speaking server for all games.

Don't click here-|
    FAQ-----------v
    Spoiler!

Alternate FAQ: (Recomended) With video!

That's the guide for making a Japanese PSN account.
    The 2nd to last option on the list is the Ad-Hoc option. Has Stars around the text.

Here is a guide for setting up Ad-Hoc.

If you have any additional questions that aren't answered here, please feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Chuck_Norris; May 31, 2009 at 01:28 AM.

hmm, don't you better wait the real version? demo only has 3 missions, it gonna get bored fast.

Although my comment to PSP demo is that :

1. It seem to give me more fun than the main game honestly... (duno why?, because of rebalanced? or because of monster has higher level than us who capped at lv 20? ...or because it has the same feeling as the time when PSU just launch and we all turn into beginer again?)

2. The diga with knock away effect is <3, but the technora B rank Shadog is crazy, it need to get nerfed badly lol. ( lv 20 newman female with 47% ice grinded 10 of that = auto shotgun 4 ice bullet with very fast shooting rate and damage for 200x4.... =,=
    that is better damage than what my Cast ranger lv 20 in JP demo can do with his ice shotgun...
    oh... and my Diga with B rank GRM wand only do 200x1...)

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    2. The diga with knock away effect is <3, but the technora B rank Shadog is crazy, it need to get nerfed badly lol. ( lv 20 newman female with 47% ice grinded 10 of that = auto shotgun 4 ice bullet with very fast shooting rate and damage for 200x4.... =,=
    that is better damage than what my Cast ranger lv 20 in JP demo can do with his ice shotgun...
    oh... and my Diga with B rank GRM wand only do 200x1...)
    Wait til you get A rank Tenora Shadogs! They're even better, I use them all the time. Also Diga knockback works for enemies also... it can make fighting multiple 'Special Ops (Vobis)' or the Vanda family (anything that casts Diga really) very annoying.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Well my ID is Rubyelt if im online just give me a message I want to play this demo badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arika View Post
    hmm, don't you better wait the real version? demo only has 3 missions, it gonna get bored fast.

Although my comment to PSP demo is that :

1. It seem to give me more fun than the main game honestly... (duno why?, because of rebalanced? or because of monster has higher level than us who capped at lv 20? ...or because it has the same feeling as the time when PSU just launch and we all turn into beginer again?)
    Doesn't that totally contradict your first statement? I'll change the title when the full version comes out. In the meantime, this is for those who want to play PSP with other people in english.

i have a pc connected to internet via wireless usb adapter, and then i used internet share to PS3. it connected and worked for like 20 minutes, and then it stopped. i tried to set it up again on my pc, but it then said it cannot do the internet share due to same IP something blah blah.

so is it technically possible to set adhoc part by doing what i did, or is it necessary to connect PS3 directly to router by wire?

also i said it worked for 20 minutes. it did, and i was browsing those lobbies and got confused how to create or join parties. any guide on how to go through those?

Quote Originally Posted by XenoNinjaX View Post
    i have a pc connected to internet via wireless usb adapter, and then i used internet share to PS3. it connected and worked for like 20 minutes, and then it stopped. i tried to set it up again on my pc, but it then said it cannot do the internet share due to same IP something blah blah.

so is it technically possible to set adhoc part by doing what i did, or is it necessary to connect PS3 directly to router by wire?

also i said it worked for 20 minutes. it did, and i was browsing those lobbies and got confused how to create or join parties. any guide on how to go through those?
    You're using your PC's internet to get your PS3 online? I didn't say you couldn't do that. I just said you can't go online with out a PS3. As for the second question, well, I did make a guide on what you do. It's under the What do I do next? part.

Yeah, I know it was contradiction, that is why I said "but" before it.

although my first statement still not sure whether it has real better rebalanced or not.
    According to what I have seen, I know that Tenora shadog is so broken!.

that automatic shoot item can do better DPS than a cast with shotgun at the same demo. (and it does 4x damage compare to my diga each shot)

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

I'm playing right now if anyone wants to join me. I'll be in World A, lobby 15. Party name is "English PSP Demo"
    Last edited by Chuck_Norris; Feb 17, 2009 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Norris View Post
    You're using your PC's internet to get your PS3 online? I didn't say you couldn't do that. I just said you can't go online with out a PS3. As for the second question, well, I did make a guide on what you do. It's under the What do I do next? part.
    yeah i didnt know the faq was hidden under spoiler. i did other stuff following different guide.

as for my connection, it was like this
    pc connected to my wireless router via wifi-usb adapter
    pc then connected to PS3 by wire, using window internet sharing
    and it stopped working after 20 mins and cant reconnect

edit-nm. i found out that it can't be done like this. it worked for a while so i thought something went wrong.

anyhoo i think i got how it works, but still need to test it out with people so add me my name is XenoNinjaX

btw after i downloaded adhocparty using the jpn account, can i switch back to my US account afterward to play?
    Last edited by XenoNinjaX; Feb 17, 2009 at 03:18 AM.