I was wondering if anyone had any theories about what planet or planets Pioneer 1 and 2 departed from? I have assumed that at least some of the folks on Pioneer 2 are from Earth, but. . .

Also, assuming this ships are from Earth, what freakin' year is it. 3045? 10,623? What do you guys think?

Hard to say there man! As a long time fan of the series I wonder about alot of things. Where did all these Numan's come from???? If they are decendats of Rika, I think it would take alot longer than a 1000 years to create a race that large. Did the Earth men creat Numans? Possible, they created Mother Brain. I tend to believe that we are playing as the Earth men in PSO as there are NO Dezorians or Motavians anywhere! In actuallity though, I dont think there is really and background to PSO as Sega had the game well into development before it became a Phantasy Star game. We'll have to wait until Xmas and PSO 2 to see......hopefully.!

****** Phantasy Star Game Spoiler*******
    Don't read unless you beat them already..
    Scroll down when your ready.. i hate games being Spoiled.. thats why i did this..

Yes.. the ships are from Palma in Phantasy star 2 when palma exploded.. ship departed Palma... In Phantasy star 3 the game is actually on the ships.. but you don't find out till later.. there were 2 ships in PS3.. you contact the other one at the end of the game.. what was the name of the other ship Pioneer! so basically.. we are the ship from ps3 that departed Palma long ago.. I know my PS history.. I beat 'em all..
    of course PS4 was back in the Algo star system and has nothing to do with PSO.. Cept mabey a few references to the palma explosion and the ships departing palma...
    well.. that's just my thery anyway..

Yes you are right. 3 was a nice game, but i prefer 1,2, and 4. I totally forgot about the Pioneer ship from 3! LOL Man how could I do that. I remember thinking when i heard about PSO that it might be related to 3, but if it's true how are there all these Numans? Nei and Nei First were the only Numans then! Hmm

Remember.. Newmans were created from mixing human and Biomonster cells.. Newmans have been around since Phantasy star 2.. (Nei)
    and they have been doing experiments with biomonsters for a while.. I believe
    I think myau was a biomonster from PS1 .. but i can't confirm that..

Anyone else have any ideas?