Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Official Phantasy Star Portable Feedback thread

This is a bit of a rare thing for most game companies, but a very cool opportunity for all you Phantasy Star fans in the community.

In this thread, I'd like to compile a full list of what you guys love the most, and likewise dislike, about Phantasy Star Portable. I'll be able to pull this data and send it up the chain at SEGA. Please just make sure that the comments are related to the game specifics and not the marketing side, as that's another discussion entirely.

To make it easy, could everyone use a format like the one below?

Dislikes: (Ex: Ad-hoc and not online)

It'll make it easy for me to pull all the info later, and is also a cool chance for you guys to get your voices heard by the people here at SEGA.

Thanks again everyone, and hope you're all having a blast with the game!

Likes: No synthing (kind of a double-edged sword but overall less hassle), decent enough voice acting.
    Dislikes: Low framerate, no downloadable missions, translation errors/quality.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Likes: Good variety of items and missions. Guardian Types feel better than they've ever felt before.
    Dislikes: Lack of synthesis (Is one of my favorite aspects of PSU). No DLC. Poor voice acting (Seriously. Vivienne is TERRIBLE).

Well, to be fair. Vivienne is supposed to sound that way. She stumbles with the idea of properly emoting herself, so her emotions are a bit...um..subdued and artificial sounding. So I'll give Vivienne's voice acting as a properly assessed issue that's based off the character.

My likes and dislikes are going from my first impressions after the Japanese version.

Likes: Much of what is PSP is brought over. English translation is enjoyable. They kept the cool achievements in place with good rewards. The fortunate aspect that it seems they may have included much of the actual equip content of the Japanese version. A lot of translation was done and in short order. Just taking a look at the many pages of things you can review from your Room shows that this wasn't some small translation effort.

Dislikes: Lack of DLC. While it seems much of the weapons (maybe sans a few) and items are available, the lack of DLC does seem like that one level I enjoyed so much from the DLC wont appear here.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Well, to be fair. Vivienne is supposed to sound that way. She stumbles with the idea of properly emoting herself, so her emotions are a bit...um..subdued and artificial sounding. So I'll give Vivienne's voice acting as a properly assessed issue that's based off the character.
    It's not that at all. I simply can't fucking stand her voice acting. It has nothing to do with the sound effects on her voice, or even her dialect. She just has a really, really shitty voice actress.

Dislikes:
    -No lobbying (I know its not too possible without servers)
    - No MyRoom
    -No DLC
    -No Online multiplayer
    -Synthing is out
    -upgrading is 100%
    -the way the drop system is now (the leader's class determines drops)
    -no trading

Versatile but Indecisive Alizarin's Avatar

- No synthing. (Unless there is a way to customize equipment further to make sythesis more valuable than premade drops, then I'm fine without it)
    - Save prompt after each mission, and save option from the start menu. (Nice reminder and no need to run to an orb each time)
    - Game Achievements with rewards. (Something to earn and work towards)
    - Player logs, including weapon and monster catalogs. (Nice to have an in-game reference guide)
    - Single and Multiplayer modes have the same basic functions and content. (PSU's offline mode really felt limited once more content came in online. While content is still limited in story mode, at least the character can be used in both)
    - 8 Character slots. (Not an absolute necessity, but I like having extra slots)

Dislikes:
    - Having race and gender-specific drops and rewards. (Having an S-rank Spear as an achievment and restricting it to certain races is not cool)
    - No common box. (This one ties in with the one above)
    - No Downloadable content. (The downloadable missions added a lot to the end-game and overall longeivity to the game)
    - No Infrastructure Multiplayer (More and more people are reliant on online gaming, and it's difficult sometimes to find a player available locally)
    - Slowdown and loading issues. (There is a pause between loading in some menus and logs, along with slowdown when there is a full party)

Dislike(s) Viviene's VA...suck. Doesn't match her personality at all.

actually...All the VAs suck.
    Last edited by ashley50; Mar 4, 2009 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane_PSU View Post
    It's not that at all. I simply can't fucking stand her voice acting. It has nothing to do with the sound effects on her voice, or even her dialect. She just has a really, really shitty voice actress.
    So, because her voice annoys you, shes automatically a shitty voice actress?

Hmm.. something doesn't seem right here...

free
    finding 50% items
    new weapons(i only play psu so pso weps r new 2 me)
    over all the ppl who play online r nicer

dislikes: no lobbies
    lag
    finding 1% items
    no common box
    very complicated to get online and play with others(psn<_<)
    and if there is no dlc that sux

and all the voice acting sux, but it did on psu 2 so idc, guess they just can't afford haley jo osmond or w/e lol