Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

And let us remember that these are some of the worst times in phantasy star history. These games are a joke compared to what we already had. you can giggle about using photon arts and dodging all you want. everything else horrifically lacking.

Sorry about that. Yes. It's 1 Gigabit in size. In Bytes, you want to divide that by about 8.

It's still a lot smaller amount of space of what's used for something like PSO.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Sorry about that. Yes. It's 1 Gigabit in size. In Bytes, you want to divide that by about 8.

It's still a lot smaller amount of space of what's used for something like PSO.
    Excuse me sir but you have no idea WTF you're talking about, lol. The Dreamcast GDs hold 1.2 gigabytes. The carts on the DS can hold more than that not to mention much more content because the graphics have to be downgraded so harshly to run on the Nintendo DS. Flash memory has surpassed CDs/GDs a long time ago.

Quite frankly you guys are starting to scare me. But then again these are Nintendo DS owners...

For example heres a 2gb micro sd card which is like the size of your finger nail for 2 dollars LOL:
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-micro...8623661&sr=8-9

How does it feel to know that a micro sd card much smaller than your cart that you paid around 50 bucks for could hold Phantasy Star Zero like idk over 10 times. moooooo

And most of the ds games are like worth 4 dollars like old mortal kombat is selling for 4 dollars on my PS3 as downloadable content. They want like 30 bucks for it on the DS. That piece of crap system is a scam. they want you to spend big bucks for tetris on that silly thing.
    Last edited by R3volver; Apr 1, 2009 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R3volver View Post
    Excuse me sir but you have no idea WTF you're talking about, lol. The Dreamcast GDs hold 1.2 gigabytes. The carts on the DS can hold more than that not to mention much more content because the graphics have to be downgraded so harshly to run on the Nintendo DS. Flash memory has surpassed CDs/GDs a long time ago.

Quite frankly you guys are starting to scare me. But then again these are Nintendo DS owners...

For example heres a 2gb micro sd card which is like the size of your finger nail for 2 dollars LOL:
    http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-micro...8623661&sr=8-9

How does it feel to know that a micro sd card much smaller than your cart that you paid around 50 bucks for could hold Phantasy Star Zero like idk over 10 times. moooooo

And most of the ds games are like worth 4 dollars like old mortal kombat is selling for 4 dollars on my PS3 as downloadable content. They want like 30 bucks for it on the DS. That piece of crap system is a scam. they want you to spend big bucks for tetris on that silly thing.
    You need to brush up on your units of measurement, for starters.

Secondly, flash memory is not strictly superior to disc media, especially given that it has a finite lifespan (albeit a very large one). Furthermore, a DVD is much cheaper to produce, and holds easily the amount of a good flash drive.

Third, PSOBB takes up 1.22 GB on my hard drive. It should be noted that this is Ep. I, II, and IV here, which is a significantly larger amount of data than just Ep I in the first version.

Getting back to the first point, a gigabit (Gb) is 1/8 the size of a gigabyte (GB). The maximum size of a DS card, 2 Gb, is equal to 256 MB. This is significantly less than the amount available on disc media.

You also seem to have misconceptions of the nature of 3D graphics. Smaller screen=less pixels=textures don't need to be as large/detailed (As it would just be interpolated down anyways)
    Last edited by Randomness; Apr 1, 2009 at 07:24 PM.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Getting back to the first point, a gigabit (Gb) is 1/8 the size of a gigabyte (GB). The maximum size of a DS card, 2 Gb, is equal to 256 MB. This is significantly less than the amount available on disc media.

You also seem to have misconceptions of the nature of 3D graphics. Smaller screen=less pixels=textures don't need to be as large/detailed (As it would just be interpolated down anyways)
    WTF makes you think I didn't know they use lower resolution textures? I used to mod 3D games. Do you not comprehend what "downgraded graphics" means? Means less polys. lower resolution textures. lower bitrate audio so it runs on the underpowered system which also tremendously frees up space.

You got me on the Gb thing. I used a 2 GB micro sd card with a acekard on DS so it's more than possible to make games 2GB+ on the system because it can read a 2GB acekard. What a crappy system. That must be some kind of artificial rule. A complete joke.

I guarantee you those game cards for DS dont cost over 50 cents to make. It's just to make it difficult to pirate games by not using an SD card like the DSi will offer for multimedia purposes to try and copy the PSP.

ANDDDDDD I didn't say anything about flash memory "surpassing" CD/GDs in anything other than capacity. You know what? You piss me off.

AND HERE's THE BIG HITTER. Phantasy Star Zero Is only 100 MBs. There isn't more content because Sega made a cheap DS game rather than a full fledged game for the kiddies. Cheap PSO knockoff that could have easily had double the content. Fact.
    Last edited by R3volver; Apr 1, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Well, that's your issue with the game. Still, Nintendo made the DS years ago. The original one. And our updates to our standard sizes of SD cards have increased in a whole lot of steps since then.

The biggest issue with it is that the Nintendo DS games need to be compatible with the original Nintendo DS game systems as well. Nintendo wouldn't increase the single game memory address space with a new DS system and tell programmers that it's ok to ditch compatibility with the old fat DS system.

While a 3rd party might make a program to be able to read anything from a big SD Card with which to grab said code and place it into addressable space for the DS to play a game from, it still doesn't stop the addressable limits imposed by the DS as to the size of memory address it can read for a single game.

It's a portable Phantasy Star Multiplayer/Single Player action rpg dungeon hacker. It may not be what you're personally looking for...but others will like it for what it is. The size it is on was, yes, SEGA's choice. And perhaps they could've upped it to twice the size. Then again, quite a few people are happy with the content it has and could look forward to a follow-up that may need the larger capacity cart.

They chose not to use up all the available space on a GD rom when they made Phantasy Star Online v1. So they increased the content for PSO v2.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Apr 2, 2009 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R3volver View Post
    WTF makes you think I didn't know they use lower resolution textures? I used to mod 3D games.
    ITT IM AN EXPERT CUZ I MADE MODS.

Yes, you and everyones half retarded pet dog. Not a valid claim to fame.

Second, your issue with the DS being a shitty system? If their is anything that this media should have taught all of us is that hardware does not equal quality software. Currently, their are 141 games on Metacritic for DS that are considered to have "Generally favorable reviews", meaning these games have scores from 75-100. You coming in here being a troll just shows me youve got nothing better to do than harp on a game that didnt quite meet you your overly pretentious standards.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

people calm down we're aloud to have our own opinions (Mine being that this could perhaps be almost as good as pso 1 and 2+) don't get mad at me for that.

no way. ds 3d capabilities are like a slightly more limited polygon wise playstation with alot of 2d beef like the saturn. Its basically a fifth generation console game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzz View Post
    no way. ds 3d capabilities are like a slightly more limited polygon wise playstation with alot of 2d beef like the saturn. Its basically a fifth generation console game.
    Agreed -- perfect summation, really.