Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soo the dsi

Default Soo the dsi

So I have used my Original Ds for a long time and still use it today and it is in perfect condition. My question does this game show any signs of feature exclusive to the dsi for example : using the camera to take pictures and such. I am upgrading to the dsi , I just needed to be sure that I can still use my old ds with this game.

there is no affact in using the dsi it still plays all your games and all that and the reg ds will still play any new ds games there is nothing to worry about. but if you do get the dsi you can get that psz download =)

Nice and im not really concern about a mini game version of a game im already going to get. lol

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

The Japanese version of PSZ came out before the DSi and so was not developed with any of the DSi-specific features in mind. It is highly unlikely that Sega would add features to PSZ for the US release

What I want most is for PSZ to use WPA encryption for Wi-Fi connections (it has to be done at the game level. Just because the DSi will support WPA doesn't mean a thing if the games were not coded to utilize it). I have still never been online with my Jp copy of PSZ because of the DS only supported WEP.. and if you use WEP you might as well just turn off your Wi-Fi security

A sneakier way I'd like to use the DSi's SD card feature is if someone could find a way to back-up the Jp PSZ's save data and then convert it to US PSZ save data so I don't lose any of my characters when I get the US release. But this seems unlikely since saved data is saved on the cart itself and not the memory card (like the PSP does)

I use WEP and pretty much nobody hacks into my wireless system. Then again, it's probably because people around my area don't really have the knowledge or the patience to try to hack into the security I have on it.

Fortunately, I can monitor/log what traffic is hitting it...but I do know what you mean. I'd love to use WPA across the board, but I have too many devices left that don't work with WPA.

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I use WEP and pretty much nobody hacks into my wireless system. Then again, it's probably because people around my area don't really have the knowledge or the patience to try to hack into the security I have on it.

Fortunately, I can monitor/log what traffic is hitting it...but I do know what you mean. I'd love to use WPA across the board, but I have too many devices left that don't work with WPA.
    WEP at least offers some protection from people trying to connect to any open Wi-Fi network they can find, but if someone actually wants to get into your network it offers next to no protection. I'm not talking "they can break in after an hour of packet sniffing", I mean "they can break in in seconds"

I don't think in my area there are the kind of people wondering around who like to access other people's wifi hotspots just for fun (other than my former roommate), but it feels comforting to at least have some kind of security than none at all. Like locking your door with just a chain lock just because you live in an area with trustworthy people vs having a real lock on your door

The Nintendo DSi was released almost two months before PS0 in Japan. However, as said, there aren't any exclusive features. It'll be the same whatever you play it on.

As for WPA, only DSi specific content will be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD1b View Post
    there is no affact in using the dsi it still plays all your games and all that and the reg ds will still play any new ds games there is nothing to worry about. but if you do get the dsi you can get that psz download =)
    It plays all your games that don't also use the gba slot like guitar hero.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD1b View Post
    Erm, what PSZ download?

Was there something released for PSZ as an update? I don't recall hearing about this...

Any details would be appreciated!

psz mini. its basically a demo of the first level with the first boss. there are 3 pre set characters to choose from (sarisa, ogi, and kai). it will be sold in the japanese dsi shop.