Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

I'd been a fan of PSO since DC V1, and always told my non-dreamcast owning friends how fun the game was. Many of them couldn't understand it, and I never really got the chance to show them what the hubbub was about.

Fast forward a few years later, Ep.1&2 hits for the gamecube, with local multiplayer. I bring over two of my buddies who I usually played local multiplayer games with to try it out. We all make characters, and they ask me questions about the situation at hand, the enemies, tactics they should use, etc. After some time we wormed our way to the dragon, whom made them both shout out because they had a feeling we weren't going to live.

Well during the second half of the battle, as the dragon is screaming, they ask me what kind of tactic change we should do, any moves they should be aware of to survive, etc. I tried to think of what to tell them before it jumped in the air and burrowed deep underground. I said the only thing that came to my mind:

"You ever see those bugs bunny cartoons? It's kinda like that."

Just then the dragon buried himself underground, and shot himself across the stage and the ground tore up beneath their feet. To this day they still remember that being the most helpful piece of advice they'd ever been given about the game.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

My Most Memorable moment while playing a Phantasy Star game, instantly comes from playing PSO Ep.1&2 on the Gamecube with my buddy Jack.

Jack was a lvl 96 or so HUmar and I was lvl 82 or so RAmar. We decided to run through Seabed (Offline) on Hard just for the fun of it. It went fairly well, but we got to Olga Flow about a hour later. First Form was just fine, no problems, move and shoot, don't get hit kind of tactics.

It was the Second form that added about another hour to the battle.
    Jack had been carrying a Red Handgun on him the entire time, which we forgot he had. Well, Olga Flow then turned a bright Redish/Orange, started moving around like a demon spawn and for some reason Jack's character looked oddly different. At first we thought it was a buff, he attacked Olga. Olga took no damage (paid no attention to my health). Then I attacked Olga, again he took no damage, and Jack took damage! We flipped! So I tried again with a different weapon, same result. We then thought, that Jack was actually aging, and I was slowly killing him. We then ran around for 30 minuets dodging Olga's fury and trying not to hurt each other.

So, we had gone through our final supplies of healing, and in fear, held back on wiping the each other of the face of the earth with photonblasts, Jack pulled out the Red Handgun. He fired, and Olga started taking damage.

Soon after Olga stopped glowing and Jack stopped being old. We unloaded both our Photonblasts and rage induced blades and bullets into the Final Boss. He finally died, and we decided to never fight Olga again.

(We later found that Jack had turned into Flowen, and was not aging from being attacked by Olga's mind game.)
    Last edited by Atlis; Apr 5, 2009 at 06:54 PM.
    I no longer have to brave through MHF2.
    Cause I have PS Portable.

Default A memorable moment

I remember first playing Phantasy Star Online on the Game Cube with my brother. One late night I stumbled across a character that looked like Sonic..then Tails..then Red Ring Rico!.... it totally floored me *lol* Later on, people informed me it was by using Action Replay. When I realized what it was, I couldn't wait for PSO to come out on a console without so many cheats! That moment would always pop up when I was playing PSU. Now I can't wait for Phantasy Star Zero!

My most memorable time was from PSO, it was more than 5 years ago when i first started playing the xbox verson of PSO when i met someone i will never forget, his name was Ginsu. It would'nt seem uncommon the way we met, just another guy joining someones party but it felt like we connected instantly. Soon after we were playing all day everyday, we never even used the headsets just text chat. We both started at low levels and were beginners, but we did every mission possible and found decent rares, sometimes we would just go to a level and about half way find a spot we liked and had are characters stand there and just talk. We were very good teammates and he was the only person i've EVER played with that i called a friend, but one day he just stopped playing all together (not just pso, even tough that's what we played the most on), and i never got to tell him how much i apprieated him and what his friendship meant to me. I continued to play hoping that anyday he would return and we would continue to play, but it never happened so i continued to play till that day when they shutdown the servers for good. Still PSO is my favorite game of all time and that will never change, but i think some of that might have had to do with the greatest character i had ever met. It was such a great time i had playing that game, while it lasted.....thank you Ginsu, i will never forget what i learned from you.

Well I have a ton of memories via PSOGC/BB and PSU which I wouldn't trade it for the world :P! But I think my most memorable memory I guess is meeting the Italian Stalian Venom.

Known him through and friend, who introduced me to Phantasy Star Online and one day I saw him in one of the lobbies on PSOGC while I was a wondering n00b and we just started chatting... Ever since then, we've been helping each other through-out the years via online and offline from languages, to that girl he just has fallen for and I think in total its been about 5-6 years. We've hunted that special weapon, slaved those levels, late-nights, early mornings, eternal hours of afking to getting that last kill for the night... Basically, you name it and we've done it lol on PSO/PSU. Even though we havn't met each other in real life etc, he seems to be like a big distance brother to me lol if you know what I mean.

Well I could go in to more detail but I think everyone on this forum or the internet has manage to meet that kind of VR friend which has a strong friendship with, who you would love to meet one of the days etc.

Well what can I say, can't leave out the big fish can we now??? I guess half of the graditute can go towards Sega and team for making such wonderful games (minus the updatez lol) for me to experience these memories which i'll never forget! So thanks Seeeeeeegaaaaaaa!

& stirring up controversy
    Lake WorthLESS, FLO-RIDA, IN DAH GHETTO CUZ I'M A GANGSTUH

The most memorable moment I have ever had in PSO was when my brother and I first faced Dark Falz on the Gamecube version playing split-screen.
    This wasn't like any other boss encounter for us, lol.

I was either 9-10 and my bro was 12-13. I believe it was during the summer, our friend had introduced us to PSO and we both instantly fell in love.
    Anyway, we couldn't play it much because our parents limited our videogame playing time to only the weekends. Because my bro and I only played split-screen, we had to play from Forest 1 to Ruins 3 all in the same game session because the levels we completed wouldn't save for some reason when we did split-screen.
    My brother and I were up very late one night, our mom had told us to turn the games off but we waited until they were asleep to get back to the gamecube and finally finish PSO episode 1.
    So all the lights in our house were off. We were kinda scared of the dark but we both knew that we had to keep all the lights off so we wouldn't get caught. We knew the huge finale was coming up once we got to that large room with the giant pyramid in Ruins 3. After barely surviving that fight in that last room we finally came across the giant teleporter that led to "????".
    We were anxious and scared. The teleporter takes us to wide open field with flowers, grass, peaceful yet kinda creepy music, and some huge structure in the middle. My brother and I walk to the large structure then suddenly everything goes dark, the sky goes black, the ground turns into a bunch of giant ominous faces, and the music suddenly gets a hell of a lot creepier. My brother and I are freaked out and there's hundreds of spinning blade things all around us! O_o We're just yelling "Run!" at each other then before anything more could possibly happen (before we actually saw dark falz) the screen goes black and reads something like; "An Error has occurred - Remove disc then reinsert".
    Lol, now because we were young, timid, and scared of our house especially on late dark nights like this because of our houses weird, mysterious past and because there was a man-sized doll sitting in the corner of our attic that none of us ever dared to even touch and we also believed was the cause of these weird noises we would hear on random nights, we were scared crapless when this unexpected black error screen popped up out of nowhere at a time and place like this, during that certain moment in PSO.
    Our gamecube was on for hours and because we never actually saved the game at any point in between that gameplay session, we lost all the items we got, the levels up we got, and the first actual rares we ever came across. And because we were to freaked out to try again and to scared of being caught by our parents we just got in our beds and tried to sleep...
    Of course, the next morning we tried again and ended up getting an error screen again at the exact same spot. We eventually found out that this was happening because of where our gamecube was placed. It was put in a tight spot and air couldn't circulate through the fans on its sides very easily which always eventually caused overheating when we made it up to that certain point in the game.
    We played up to that point like 3 times just to face the error screen until we finally put the gamecube in a different spot and were finally able to play up to that point and finally face Dark Falz.

That is one of the most unforgettable moments I have ever had with any videogame and probably the most unforgettable moment I have ever had with a Phantasy Star game.

Hope you actually take the time to read my story!

I have a group that I always game with on the 360. We all decided to join PSU together. My best friend and I chose our race and class, he a Neuman Techer, me a Beast Fighter.

After we had leveled up during various festivals and long gaming sessions, we set about the task of finding a Psycho Wand. This was the ONLY thing he had EVER wanted in the game. Buying one was crazy expensive, so we began our hunt. Months went by with no luck....We saw lotsa people with multiple upgraded Psycho Wands and it drove us insane.

Then the unthinkable happened.....He had to leave PSU for a month. I was heartbroken. So his last day we decided to do a tour of planets, picking random missions. Our party had to choose between Plains Overlord and Sleeping Warriors. EVERYONE wanted Plains Overlord, but being party leader I asked my friend which mission HE wanted to do. Of course he wanted Sleeping Warriors because there was a chance of a "Special" drop. So off we went. I suppose you can guess what happened? Half way through the level we defeated some enemies and amazingly enough....A PSYCHO WAND BOARD.....There was a lot of screaming and cheering....

He handed the board over to me and in his absence I successfully acquired a Psycho Wand for my dear friend. This was the most memorable moment I have from PSU because I was able to make one of my best friends VERY happy.

I'm pleased to say that still, to this day, it is a permanent fixture on his weapon pallet.

i remember when i got to level 30 before the expansion so it was really hard (for me) it makes me smile to this day. I wish i could relive those happy moments.

My greatest moment in any phantasy star game was definetly back in PSO.I played offline frequently with my friend Greg. This particular day we had decided to attempt the ruins for the first time, we got our equipment, fed our mags, went to the bathroom etc. We pushed ourselves through 3 blocks of ruins and after the onslaught of monsters, hundreds of restas, reversers, and enough rafoies to blow up the poineer 2 we made it to the boss area. Expecting the worst we arrived in a field of flowers that took our breaths away, as i looked around i warned Greg not to go near the towering obelisk in the center of the field and as i am examining one of the graves my eye catches him running full speed toward the obelisk all of a sudden i scream "GREG! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" just then the flowers are obliterated to be replaced by a blackened wastland made of moaning faces and floating spikes as dark falz appears before us i turn to him and say "congratulations you are single handedly responsible for the death of the world" he turns to me and laughs and says "We are dead" instantly i reply "yup" and after half an hour, 7 moon atomizers, about 50 restas, and 20 reversers, rafoies, foie and gibarta galore we manage to take down falz. As the congratulatory screen appears we begin crying and holding each other like a pair of lost little girls. As it all ended we continued to hold each other and i say to him "Dude i love you but if you dont listen to me again i have full privaleges to smack you" he turns and says "i love you too man". And in a way PSO brought the two of us closer together, we have been best friends for over 5 years now. This has been my greatest moment in Phantasy Star ever, hope you got as much of a laugh out of it as i did! Our characters used have never changed since then, Kiara the lvl 34 Fonewearl with the power MAG and the Buster+30, and James the lvl 27 Humar with the Gigush.

Buster+30: 10 trigrinders and fighting through the first block of ruins solo after shaking like a leaf
    Gigush: badassing forest with rafoie
    Pathetic moments with your best friend: Priceless
    Last edited by White; Apr 5, 2009 at 09:06 PM.

We have some very nice memories of PSO. I guess PSO gave many a pretty strong impact, more than PSU or other games. I wouldn't disagree.

Since this is a contest, be sure to make your story worthy. Make it you best memory, something substantial worth remembering. Good luck. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?