Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Musashi +40 or Kaladbolg + 25

Which one would you use.

Personally I like the Musashi's better, because they hit so many times in a combo, but I dont have enough grinders for Kaladbolg to hit 25, but Im not sure if I should put the rest of my grinders to it and work on it for now.

Musashi
    Also, comparing two different weapon types isn't a good choice, however with Sabers...
    Sabers usually fail because they hit 1 target and only hit 3 times a combo.
    The DPS you get from Twin Swords or Twin Sabers on a single target usually beat any Saber.
    However, something like Excalibur would be an exception, because it strikes up to three targets at a time and has berserk special.
    Also, Musashi's berserk special is very nice. I would pick Musashi > many twin swords anyways.

Yeah, thats what I figured. But I was kinda wondering would the Kaladbolg at its max grind make up for it in the form of a way higher attack power.

Musashi, definitely. i do like twin sword but most things with a Berserk special i try to keep away from as i tend to get too reliant on the special, end up with low health then get hit and die. even so, i would go for a Musashi over most sabers.

Musashi. In my perferences, I would reach for a Musashi before even thinking about reaching for a Yamato/Asuka. Musashi VS. Kaladbolg though, actually depends on your style, and could depend on what enemies you face. For instance, smaller enemies (like Arlan, Del-D/Dimenian, So Dimenian) you'd probably use a Musashi on. Bigger threats (like Belras/Bringers) or just plain irritating enemies (like Gunners) you'd probably use Kaladbolg, to freeze them before they get a chance to cause some damage. Still though, regardless, the only weapons that should have a freeze/paralyzing special on them are weapons like Partisans and Swords, as on those, it'll be more affective, because you can stop multiple enemies in their tracks. If you're fast enough, or can use techs, you can pair up the conditions. Freeze them first, then use something like G-Assassains Sabers or Red Sword to inflict Paralysis. Paralysis will go off first (if you listen, you'll only hear the sound effect for Paralysis, and not Freeze, because the game resolves them one at a time). In other words, if you have a frozen enemy, then paralyze it, you also "paralyze" the Freeze condition, actually making it last longer.

Sorry for getting side-tracked there. Just thought I"d throw in a useful tip I noticed.
    Last edited by psofan219; May 10, 2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Switched "effective" for "affective".

I actually keep forgetting about this because I very rarely play without Heavenly/Battle or V101, but if an enemy attack is fast enough to interrupt your combo with certain weapon types, you may need to use a Saber at the time. It may take a little longer, but it's safer and faster. Saber combos are quick, but even it's speed compared to Twin swords doesn't beat the DPS a Twin Sword can dish, but the Twin Sword animation is not very fast, and certain enemies (especially on higher difficulties) you'll find it difficult to safely complete combos.
    And also, even with battle/units, you'll find some situations it's best to NOT complete the combo. This happens especially with Swords/Partisans (more Swords though).
    The last part to most combos leaves you MOST vulnerable.
    A great example is male users with Swords. The last part of the combo, the male takes a step forward as you draw your sword back (the cooldown part). On ultimate, usually this is where the surviving enemies rush in to take their hit, and usually succeed. You'll have to time your combos wisely, and know when to just give up on the second sword swing.
    However, Female users don't take a step forward after third sword swing, usually letting you get away from MOST incoming enemies.

True, yes. But, if your weapon has a Blizzard/Arrest special on hit, than this combo should be executed, as it will cause some good damage and have the potential to cast its effect on the enemy: Normal, Hard, Special. It just seems that the Special Attack hits more frequently if it's used right after a Hard. It's just what I've noticed, not sure if it's actually true or not.

Damage Per Second
    Other terms used frequently in gaming would be like...
    DoT (Damage over Time, an example would be Poison)
    AoE (Area of Effect, like... how large of an area Rafoie strikes)
    HoT (Healing over Time, in PSO there isn't really any HoT's, but in other games there's things that aren't instant heals that heal increments of Health over a period of time)
    Last edited by Genoa; May 11, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

Personally bro, I like Twin Sabers like Demolition Comet. But regular sabers are decent. Musashi and Twin Swords are decent also. Perhaps its personal preference bro. All weapons are cool.
    SUBJECTS DESTROYED!