Default Automatic welcome message?

When people join PSO-W, I think a message should pop-up giving them a few bits of advice to get them started. The first one should be in bold, saying...

READ THE STICKIES
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

What's the chance they'll actually read it, let alone do it?

Seriously, that would just be a waste coding and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    What's the chance they'll actually read it, let alone do it?

Seriously, that would just be a waste coding and time.
    I know, but one can hope that we'll have 1:999 people read it and be less annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

We used to send out an informative Private Message to all new members, but eventually had to stop the practice. Several years worth of welcoming messages was making overburdening the private messaging system.

I've been considering re-implementing the practice though.

The automatic user-page message would be nice. I send out a Welcome to PSO-World message to all new people I see (when I look down there)
    So why not an auto one?

We have a much larger PM capacity than we did before, so re-instating the practice wouldn't hurt anything. Won't do anything for most users, but, it's kind of a "why not" sorta thing now.

Well, unlike most users, I for one have read the rules and stickies when I first joined (yes, I did some things that you aren't supposed to, like bump topics and double post, but don't all newcomers do that at least once?). I think I like the idea. It might get people to read them. High hopes, but still, it'd be nice.

I just wanted to note that all new users should be receiving an automatic welcome message now. It contains several useful links and hints.

Too bad, the recent newcomers (pre-implementation) don't get to see it. They can use some welcoming & tips to get around.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

The welcome message-Im new to the forums and I'll tell you right now If the welcoming system was up 9/10 I would have just skimmed through to get the feel of these forum ( and thats only because I plan on actually participating here). But in general I apply the same main basic forum etiquettecy as I do with other forums.

Tips/hints-Tips/hints on any forum is a must read. I've always read those (>.> feel like Im getting inside info) It was just yesterday I found out there was an item database on here >.< If I'd learned sooner I would have never bought the public bath room ticket but instead bought the private cafe D: