Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My playstation 3 :(

I was playing street fighter 4 (playing as my fav character ken) on my ps3 and all of a sudden it freezes. At first I thought "ok I just need to restart it and everything is cool" since in the past it has frozen during play. But when I restart my ps3 it doesnt even get to the menu screen ><. It ether freezes before it gets to the menu screen or it just turns off by itself while the red light flashes. After two long years it has worked great for me it all of a sudden breaks. And I dont even have the money to get it fixed DAMNIT!. Im so PISSED OFF
    Last edited by thunder-ray; May 27, 2009 at 10:04 PM.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Sounds pretty bad. You are turning the power switch off then on, right? Not just hitting the red switch?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

RRoD is being ported to the PS3.

Russia's Greatest Love Machine Rasputin's Avatar

HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK HURRICANE KICK

ah so the rrod has started infecting ps3s? and so the epidemic begins. thank god no one cares about the wii

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Norris View Post
    Sounds pretty bad. You are turning the power switch off then on, right? Not just hitting the red switch?
    I did hit the red switch when it froze the first time. But then I couldnt turn it off by hitting the red switch anymore when it froze the secound time. So I turned it off with the power switch but when I turned it back on I got the same results as before .
    Last edited by thunder-ray; May 28, 2009 at 12:30 AM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unit D79 View Post
    ah so the rrod has started infecting ps3s? and so the epidemic begins. thank god no one cares about the wii
    It's so the PS3 has one less exclusive to worry about.

It's a problem with the older systems. Probably going to cost you an arm and a leg, but beats buying a completely new one. Sorry for your loss.

Update: I called up sony to see if I can get it fixed. They told me it would cost be $149 bucks to get my 60 gb ps3 fixed. When I asked the guy on the phone what would happen if they couldnt fix my old ps3, he said they would give me a brand new one . I felt much better after hearing this, now the only thing I gotta do is get the money to have it fixed. Which isnt a problem no more since my mom said shes gonna help me pay for it .

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Well at least in the end you'll be getting some help from your mom. How is Street Fighter 4 anyways? I've heard some good things about it and wanted to try it out. But due to low funds and trying to find a second job things aren't goin my way.