Thread: Piano music

Default Piano music

Hello!

Thanks to Zorafim's topic here, I gained enough confidence to submit my own piano tracks.

Please have a listen and feel free to tell me what you think of them, thanks!

Sounds pretty solid to me, though I don't know either song

I have to say I am amazed by the sounds quality of the piano for a youtube 'movie' you used a special way to record it?

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    Sounds pretty solid to me, though I don't know either song

I have to say I am amazed by the sounds quality of the piano for a youtube 'movie' you used a special way to record it?
    Oh... wow..! Thank you so very much..!

I'm on a Music Production and Recording course so there is more of an importance on the actual recording and producing of the music than anything else. I almost fell into my own trap of concentrating more on the animation than the recording itself.

This was recorded and produced on Logic Express 8, created on iMovie. The sound file was originally a .wav file and I spent some time uploading onto Youtube, listening to it and taking it down again to change some settings.

Really, thank you so much for pointing that part out! It's exactly what I was looking for!

ah nice (a fellow Mac user)! You played this on a keyboard, or is it a track on a piano rol in Logic?

At least once a year I try to produce a song.. when I feel some kindoff urge to do it (mostly some cheesy trance song) (you can check here if it's still up there). I always make use of Renoise in combination with some VSTi.

I like the second one it makes me QQ tehehe, nice job on these

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I'm glad to see I was able to inspire more art in the community. The audio quality really is good, it sounds like I'm listening to any other MP3. But I've noticed, are you not playing a piano? The sound of the instrument, and the way you play it, seems like a synthesizer, right?
    If you find a piano to record off of, I guarantee a better sound and quality of music.

Bravo! MAN, I'm gonna have to practice my ass off on piano once school starts back up...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

It's a Digital Piano. They're as real as any digital piano can get for my price range.

During recording, I tried an upright, Grand Piano and baby Grand to try out but due to the quality of my miking techniques, I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the sound.

Running out of time and running out of patience/perfectionism, I used my Digital Piano. I'm at University and I can't use my own piano that I have back at home that I'm a LOT more used to. Had I the microphones and the time to practice more, I would have used an acoustic piano.

Thanks for noticing the quality in the sound and the recording! My course was a lot more focused on that aspect than the content and I was bitterly disappointed when they gave me their opinion on the recording quality and ignored the content.

I have to say that even professional recordings of real piano's are often very crappy. Even high quality 24bit 96Khz recordings lack sound clarity and detail.