Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Newmans - what do you rock?

I just made a Newman for the hell of it, and went -- well I have three choices: MF, fT, or AT.

Who rocks a Newman that does something thats not teching? :P I always could do GT. Newman WT is just asking for trouble.

A Newm was my first character and I went FF on him too, lol. Stayed that way for a long time by covering my low ATP with high% weps and and an HPC. When I finally moved on to a Beast FF I felt like I was cheating. These days my Newm is mostly AT, might go FT in the future with the update.

My main is a newman fighmaster. Due to the fact that the type is powerful she does reasonably well, I just had to make sure I had decent equips (not epic gear but everything I have is at least 32%)
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

Well, I do play a Newman FF...

Really, a Newman isn't nearly as crippled when doing something outside their forte than, say, a Beast or a CAST (especially CASTs... lol CAST attack techers) is. Though of course, twice as many classes benefit from ATP as opposed to TP, so it's understandable, I think.

The difference between a Newman Female's base ATP and a Beast Male's base ATP is about 200 at level 150 - that's a 40 damage difference, hardly game-making (even with a 400% damage PA, that's 160 damage - rarely is that going to be the difference between making another hit or not). Even with the FF's 185% ATP bonus you're never going to see a difference higher than 500.

So, my newman FF does just fine. Worse than a CAST equivalent in every way (thanks to those bastards having sky-high ATP AND ATA AND Paradi Cataract), but makes up for it in sheer cuteness and awesomeness.

Can ATs solo as well as fT or MFs?

Yeah, AT can solo quite well; it's just a matter of how long it takes them. If you're a MF with all your techs 41+, then you can solo quite well as well if there are not many tech-resistant monsters.

PSP2: Vyser (CAST Ranger), Captain Flavor (Beast Hunter), Amu (Force Newman)
    PSU PC: Vyser (CAST AF/GM), Captain Flavor (Beast FF), Konata (Newman MF), Sportacus (Human AT)
    PSŲ JP: あかヴァイザ (HUcast), フレヴァさま (FOnewm), ラムレーズ (HUnewm)

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Well, I do play a Newman FF...

Really, a Newman isn't nearly as crippled when doing something outside their forte than, say, a Beast
    Are you referring to a Beast gunner? Because I will gladly debate with you that a Beast Gunmaster is goddamn awesome.

My main is a newman AF and my second main is newman FT.
    I like playing with both of them. :>
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

My male newman is 20 fortetecher and 20 Masterforce.

For the record I hate masterforce.

Just started to class level AcroTecher with him and I quite like it. Whips are hella fun to use against large enemies with multiple hit boxes!

By the time AT hits level 20 he should be lvl 150 at which point I will switch him back to foretecher.

I, like you have four charactr slots which means there is no damn need for my newman to be anything but a techer of sorts. He has never swung a sword or shot a gun in his existance and this is how it will stay.
    NiceOnes

MF at the moment, but I will probably go back to FT, especially if that update JP got allows FT to have Lv41+ support spells...