Page 355 of 683 FirstFirst ... 255305345352353354355356357358365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 6822
    Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Damn it Facebook! what have you done to people!?

Rant: stuff I've read about people who crave for comments and the psychology of it on FB make me sick. and the worst thing is, the more friends you have, the more of an effect it might have on the person.

scenario:
    Person: "Oh my gawd! I have like 2000 friends yet NO ONE has commented on this silly post I think is hilarious in a few days! agh! I'm feeling so rejected! (cries)
    ^ sad but true story bro's.

I like to post a lot of things. just enter things I'm feeling or thinking about during the day on FB. I've come to realize that to me, FB has become a semi-daily journal of sorts to share things and/or who I am with family and friends. I don't NEED comments to satisfy my statements or video posts!
    I just type them, maybe share a video or two, and I'm happy with just that. people who have their self esteem and emotions warped because they feel like they are being ignored because they don't receive a comment or "like" about what they are posting need to grip the reigns of reality a bit harder.

People do look at what you post! but not everything needs a comment. I do it as well with other people. I wont comment, but maybe say out loud "that is cool" or something. or it is brought up in a IRL conversation later in the day/week. I can't believe what FB has turned into nowadays regarding people's social life & skills. those who agree with me. thanks. you understand how a social media stream should be handled.
    ---------------------
    -------------
    bleh! this sort of thing just drives me nuts. needed to vent for a bit. I swear, people these days. get all emotionally attached to a social streaming outlet and what-not. seriously. its not your life, and people have a life. expecting comments/like for everything you say is a demented outlook and requires some quarantine from that site. and the funny thing is, it's not just Facebook. Twitter, and other similar sites can get the same way with people. so sad!
    Last edited by NegaTsukasa; Mar 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

So my grandpa has cancer. Yep.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    So my grandpa has cancer. Yep.
    I found out my eldest uncle has it as well. in its final stages. -_-
    I'm sorry for your recent notice.

..... Listening to a friend you've grown to greatly respect and care for be in pain... It hurts, seeing them feel that way, and not having been through the same experience, cannot help. And yet, it cuts just as deeply to me as the pain he's feeling. It scares me, just how thoughtless and cruel people can be..... Leads me to believe that there is too little of good intentions in this world left. Too few people who care. Too few people who WILL care.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

First it feels like spring, all hot and bothered and ready to get muggy and humid.

Then Winter says "Oh wait forgot something" but tripped and fell over trying to reach for his hat, getting mixed up in springs wind. And now when the wind brushes up against buildings or whatever, it's making this creepy ass sound that sounds like a zombie with hemorrhoids. Would be awesome if it wasn't pitch black and my bed didn't feel like a block of ice.

Otherwise being poor is fun.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

I'd like to hate on this thread, it's depressing with all this negative talk and that can't be good for... Wow I feel so much better getting this off my chest... Carry on.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

Ugh...

Republicans pass a budget bill in the house that is basically their wet dream. Now the senate will (obviously) reject it, then the republicans will blame democrats for not passing a budget (which they can't, since budget bills have to originate in the house).

God I hate it when politics devolves to "screw the other guys above all else". I wish there was a way to force them to make statements under oath, with cross examination, and full penalties for perjury.

Imagine if the leaders in both houses of congress had to do that once in a while. I imagine it would quickly become an exercise in non-answers, but maybe we could get a judge with no patience for those shenanigans and some contempt of court charges for being evasive... but I suspect the only way this would ever happen is in an actual criminal trial... at which point the guy's career would be over anyways and he probably wouldn't care as much anymore.
    Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Republicans pass a budget bill in the house that is basically their wet dream. Now the senate will (obviously) reject it, then the republicans will blame democrats for not passing a budget (which they can't, since budget bills have to originate in the house).
    I haven't been following this budget debate, is it basically the same as the Ryan plan from last year?

My glasses broke less than 3 days before my vision insurance starts (which includes frames/lenses). My only backup is prescription sunglasses

Terrible chest/heart pains and tightness the past few days. Found out there's a slight chance I may need a pacemaker. This news has made me much more irritable and hateful than usual.

Also, my doctor recommended that I get a medical emergency tag for my keychain, in case 'something' happens whilst out and about. What the fuck.

EDIT: Didn't want to share this with anyone at first, but it feels a bit better to just kind of yammer at no one in particular.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Mar 30, 2012 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup345 View Post
    My only backup is prescription sunglasses
    I've been in this situation before. Brings Corey Hart to mind.