Page 681 of 683 FirstFirst ... 181581631671678679680681682683 LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,810 of 6822

People crashed INTO the grocery chain down the street from me.

No fatal injuries but my goodness.
    Story

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Getting tired of assignment transfers. Since I only live ~1 mile from my district's two high schools, I usually walk to them when I have a job at either. Unfortunately, the past two assignments I got this week were changed to elementary, and guess where I was when I got the transfer call? Right outside the gate to the high school. Both times. So I had to walk back home, then deal with germ-y kids who don't seem to have an understanding of personal space (albeit the kids from earlier in the week were SDC 1st-3rd graders, so it's a bit understandable that they can't grasp the idea of personal space, but the 5th graders just get right up in your face like if you are a zoo animal), and I feel like shit right now. Oh, and today a humming bird flew into the classroom and was unable to get out; now imagine that happening in a room of thirty 10-year-olds who are less that twenty minutes from getting to go home. -_-

The fact that it's mid-May and is still cold as balls outside...

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrispy View Post
    And yes. PSO2 is space barbies. And we all look fabulous.
    [PSO2] Player ID: steeltamashii
    Sepherene (RAmarl)
    Team: Mirage Raiders

Well, unfortunately I ended up completely failing school. There's a few reasons for it, but nothing serious enough I could get exemptions and it's mostly my fault anyway.

I wish I could just save up and go back to school at a later date, but with the rates of extortion on Higher Education in the UK, there's no way I'll be able to do this. Literally every school here costs £9,000 every year (roughly $13,000), and after your first attempt / course, you're not entitled to financial aid such as student loans or grants, so everything has to come out of pocket. Put that on top of living costs, and you're looking at at least £15,000 (roughly $22,000) every year just to get an education.

It's sad really. I know I fucked up, but with how Higher Education is being treated monetary-wise, I'm completely out of a chance of a degree. While not necessary, it's definitely nice to have.

I'm honestly tempted to start saving up anyway and going to France (or somewhere else in the EU, but I can actually speak French), because the tuition costs there are £141 per year (roughly $200) which is much more reasonable. I'd just have to be able to support myself and get a part-time job, but it'd definitely be feasible unlike studying in my home country.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Well, unfortunately I ended up completely failing school. There's a few reasons for it, but nothing serious enough I could get exemptions and it's mostly my fault anyway.

I wish I could just save up and go back to school at a later date, but with the rates of extortion on Higher Education in the UK, there's no way I'll be able to do this. Literally every school here costs £9,000 every year (roughly $13,000), and after your first attempt / course, you're not entitled to financial aid such as student loans or grants, so everything has to come out of pocket. Put that on top of living costs, and you're looking at at least £15,000 (roughly $22,000) every year just to get an education.

It's sad really. I know I fucked up, but with how Higher Education is being treated monetary-wise, I'm completely out of a chance of a degree. While not necessary, it's definitely nice to have.

I'm honestly tempted to start saving up anyway and going to France (or somewhere else in the EU, but I can actually speak French), because the tuition costs there are £141 per year (roughly $200) which is much more reasonable. I'd just have to be able to support myself and get a part-time job, but it'd definitely be feasible unlike studying in my home country.
    I honestly respect people that pay their own studies. They are not being a burden to their parents, and the only one they have to answer if their study failed......is themselves. That being said, sorry for the news.

That aside, from my own utter foolishness, my bag's zipper broke. And now, I have my bag's content plus mountain of paper to bring back home later.......without my bag.

I should just accept the plastic that the clerk offered me, dammit.
    Last edited by Zeroem; May 18, 2016 at 08:23 PM.
    *editing post intensifies. Please wait around 5 to 10 minutes before quot-actually, just be wary that I edit my post often.
    .......Mostly because minor things like grammar and mis-spellings*

Quote Originally Posted by Kenichiro Takaki
    "Tits are life, ass is hometown"

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    People crashed INTO the grocery chain down the street from me.

No fatal injuries but my goodness.
    Story
    Way to drive a point home. Damn.

I'll show myself out.

----

But yeah, still working 6 days a week. Still sore all the time. Still miserable.

I know it could be a lot worse. I could be homeless. I could be starving. I could be dead.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to drift back towards the mindset that the last of those three might be better.

Bah.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

The summer's here. I don't want to go back to that office. I hate the commute. I hate the freeway. I hate driving. Why can't kids be in school all year round? I would rather deal with elementary students than have to work at that office. Can't let myself gain weight again just because I'm sitting at a desk all day. Why must I have bills to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The summer's here. I don't want to go back to that office. I hate the commute. I hate the freeway. I hate driving. Why can't kids be in school all year round? I would rather deal with elementary students than have to work at that office. Can't let myself gain weight again just because I'm sitting at a desk all day. Why must I have bills to pay?
    This is the way I feel whenever Spring arrives. It always feels like a waste letting a nice day pass while you are trapped at a desk.

On the Rants front, I made a big mistake grinding up this AIS Sword. The crit boosts aren't offsetting the 60% PP regen reduction for me. What a waste of grinding fodder.

I will have to work all holidays unless I take leave, I work 6 days a week with a rotating shift that messes up my sleep cycle. Most times I don't really sleep all day since I have to take my son to school in the morning so struggling to stay up. Child care is very limited in this area and cost more than a house mortgages payment per month and I still can't get into PSO2 even though I am trying but have very little time to play and enjoy it.

So I finally chosen to be an adult about controlling my loans, which have been out of control since I left school. 6 years down the road, and I have 1 bill from the school halfway paid, and 1 loan thrown out of default after they noticed what a "consistent payer" I am, with the scraps of money I make. So after some more coercion, I decide to hear out one of my biggest lenders, Navient, since for the past years, all I got out of them was "forbearance, forbearance, forbearance". And wouldn't you know it, they want to offer me an income based program. Last I ever really spoke on the phone with these people, were when they were good ol' Sallie Mae(they still are), and I had to deal with two loud mouths on the phone trying to guilt me into finding someone to get them the money. This is back when I didn't have a job. Now that I do, I want some better improvement in this hell created just for me. So I try to do the smart thing, and consolidate. Get all those big, bad loans and work out an affordable bill. Well, Navient wants to play ball-- Ohhhh except for that one private loan I had that went into default and was given to an agency on their behalf. Oh no, you can't consolidate that; you owe us that money, and you need to offer your head to this program with payments you can't afford with your low end job if you hope to get out of default on that loan with its sky high interest rates. Nah, you follow our rules now. We don't care that you didn't have a job during the course of this default, or if what we ask from you to pay is basically the entirety of your paycheck. No, you get no other help.

What was the lesson here? I was damned anyway, whether or not I chose to work out my loans then, or now.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Jun 8, 2016 at 02:24 AM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!