Do not do what I just did. Do not, under any circumstances, take on Del Rol Le on Ultimate with a level 77 RAmar. Just don't do it.

10 trifluids, 10 difluids, 10 trimates, 10 dimates, 4 scape dolls, 50 minutes, and a metric bazillion Rafoies later, that damned worm finally died.

Here at Azeraphel Inc., we do stupid things, so you don't have to.

Thank you.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

That's when you remember that rangers can now use basic partisan-class weapons and that a Gungnir can be your best friend against those wormy bosses. Oh, and using a Photon Launcher type weapon is also highly effective both when the worms are swimming around and locked on the rafts. Of course no ranger weapon compares to the NUG-2000 when fighting bosses with multiple targets.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-02-18 21:27 ]</font>

50 minutes? Rafoie? What weapon did you have on?

As for the boss, my RAmarl has a Charge Arms waiting for it - It's no VJAYA, but it's still effective. Although, I'm not looking forward to getting knocked down with every single hit.

The guy who won't play with cheaters. Period.

Hey at least you made it thru! That's an epic story for the grandkids!

Maybe he's just an oversized tape worm, ya think?

And the channel is a stomach? Now I hate De Rol Le...
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

That's when you remember that rangers can now use basic partisan-class weapons and that a Gungnir can be your best friend against those wormy bosses. Oh, and using a Photon Launcher type weapon is also highly effective both when the worms are swimming around and locked on the rafts. Of course no ranger weapon compares to the NUG-2000 when fighting bosses with multiple targets.
    I've managed to never find a single Photon Launcher of any kind. And not for lack of doing v.hard Vol Opt runs. Just haven't had any luck. In retrospect, a partisan would have been a much better choice - the Rafoie gambit came about when I became frustrated with the tendency for autotarget to pick up the high-armor head, when I was trying to shoot at the juicy middle.

Any tips for Ultimate Mines? Those Sinows are tearing me up, with their "I don't feel like getting knocked back by mechguns" funk that they've got going on. I've resorted to abusing doorways, and healing a lot.