Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Weightloss: The Lack of It.

I've been dieting since I got off of school almost a month ago. I've cut soda, and all sorts of bad stuff out of my diet. I eat pretty healthy now and I even lift some weights.

Only problem?

I've lost TWO POUNDS.

This has pissed me off so much! I've been doing so much to lose weight, and nothing absolutely nothing has come out of it.

Everyone else can just cut off soda and lose weight instantaneously.

I actually have to work at it.

I do NOT want to hear anyone say that "I'm perfectly fine" or anything like that. As far as I am concerned I am pretty fat. My stomach sticks out an inch and it's becoming increasingly hard to find jeans that fit.

I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on. =(

Try eating 5 small meals a day rather than 2-3 large meals a day.

Always eat breakfast.

You didn't specify if you were excercising or not so try that regularly, don't let your schedule get outta hand if you can help it. You specified you lifted weights, but try some cardiovasculars or all around excercises (Jogging and swimming are great, among other things that don't need to be discusses here >_>)

Are you taking vitamin supplements? Are you substituting cheese for other things if you love that sorta thing and using low fat margarine instead of butter?

Remember that muscle is a heavier substance than fat, so if you really have been lifting weights, you might have lost more "weight" then you imagine.

Set realistic goals for yourself, like a quota you want to lose over a period of time consistently. Try eating Wheat bread instead of White bread..carbs FTL D=

Also play some high-action intense games, adrenaline burns calories! >=D (We're all gamers here, right? =P)

Last but not least do NOT compare yourself to others, keep focused on self-goals onry. Best of luck, and sorry again. You can do it! :P
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Now, I'm no health nut, and I'm rather chubby myself, but I think you probably need to do more aerobic-type activity: running/walking/jogging, playing sports, dancing... stuff that gets you moving around. If all you're doing is lifting weights, that's just going to give you more muscle (and muscle weighs more than fat, btw), and only if you're pushing yourself as far as what you can lift or move. I usually end up losing some weight during the summer when marching band season starts up at the beginning of the semester at my college due to all the moving around while carrying a huge drum in front of me in 100-degree weather, lol. X_X

Other than that, it may just be a genetic thing. Not trying to delve into any personal information here, but has your family had a history of weight problems? You could always consult a doctor, y'know.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Baby steps. Just keep at it.

Besides, it's unhealthy to lose weight at a very fast rate.

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about what's been going on. =(

Try eating 5 small meals a day rather than 2-3 large meals a day.

Always eat breakfast.

You didn't specify if you were excercising or not so try that regularly, don't let your schedule get outta hand if you can help it. You specified you lifted weights, but try some cardiovasculars or all around excercises (Jogging and swimming are great, among other things that don't need to be discusses here >_>)

Are you taking vitamin supplements? Are you substituting cheese for other things if you love that sorta thing and using low fat margarine instead of butter?

Remember that muscle is a heavier substance than fat, so if you really have been lifting weights, you might have lost more "weight" then you imagine.

Set realistic goals for yourself, like a quota you want to lose over a period of time consistently. Try eating Wheat bread instead of White bread..carbs FTL D=

Also play some high-action intense games, adrenaline burns calories! >=D (We're all gamers here, right? =P)

Last but not least do NOT compare yourself to others, keep focused on self-goals onry. Best of luck, and sorry again. You can do it! :P
    I totally agree with this. Just as a suggestion, if you are not used to eating breakfast (just like many people nowadays), just have a pack of plain oatmeal in the morning; it really helps cut down the cravings for higher calorie foods through out the day. Also, cardio is really what helps get rid of the fat; I would recommend first focusing on cardio, then as you lose more body fat move on to weights.
    I, too, have been trying to lose weight, and was able to lose about 23 pounds in the past month and a half.
    I'll spoiler box how I did it, just for space's sake.
    Spoiler!

Oh, sweet lord. I sound like one those those ads for some "miracle" diet. -.-;
    Last edited by Anduril; Jun 18, 2009 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Clean up

when it comes to this subject i always think...

Eating small healthy snacks throughout the day can help your metabolism, so does eating breakfast, and not eating before you go to bed, cuz when u sleep your body sleeps and you dont digest very well :/

Also do you walk everyday? If not you should just take a walk around the block or go somewhere walking or if you have a dog walk your dog around the neighborhood everyday or something

(also did u try counting calories? :/ i know its hard at times and i hate even watching my family do it, but it helps :/ even if your eating healthy food, it doesnt mean your going below the needed calorie intake of 2000 )
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Agreed with Anduril. If weight really concerns you, your goal is going to be a change of dietary lifestyle, not a "Diet." A "Diet" sounds like something you'll give up on and just go right back to gaining weight when you feel you're "accomplished."

Also, I know sometimes we love butter, and sugar and stuff. But it really boils down to what concerns you more, which in the end for you, I believe is fat. Is it REALLY worth a marginally better tasting meal to slow down your weight-losing process?
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Agreed with Anduril. If weight really concerns you, your goal is going to be a change of dietary lifestyle, not a "Diet." A "Diet" sounds like something you'll give up on and just go right back to gaining weight when you feel you're "accomplished."

Also, I know sometimes we love butter, and sugar and stuff. But it really boils down to what concerns you more, which in the end for you, I believe is fat. Is it REALLY worth a marginally better tasting meal to slow down your weight-losing process?
    yes!! sometimes i just eat straight butter, sugar, and stuff!

i agree 100% with drexxin
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

I secound this. This is also the same reason why I quit eating ice cream (I do however eat ice cream on birthdays and chirstmas, gotta wait 4 more months before I can get some >_<). *uses will power to keep from going to the ice cream store*.

Yeah, having the will power is one of the bigger struggles I had when I started. I went through a pretty nasty mood change in the first week because I was so used to having processed sugar everyday, and had to fight with myself to make sure I didn't start lapsing into old habits. I'm still having the old urges to sit down in front of the TV with a bag of chips and soda, or to have a bowl of cereal before bed, but I've been able to stay the course.