Default PSO EPISODE 1 AND 2 ONLINE

Alright so heres the deal, i have had this game for like a year now, i still love it, it beats the crap out of COD4 and HALO3 (well maybe not HALO3) but i can keep the interest with PSO ep 1 and 2. Anyways on to my main question.

Ok so im a level 43 Ranger (android) and i think im alright for my level.

Anyways i have always wanted to play online and i can get the adapter for like $10 plus shipping.

So the question is, should i get it?

Is there still a reasonable amount of people that play online nowadays? Also is it worth going online at level 43 or should i play for a few months and see if i can get 75..... Anyways. Do you guys think i should buy it, or skip it???

i look forward to your input

There are no official servers anymore... however there are other places that you can get to that we cannot discuss. A nice google search will help you.

Get it. You'll like the server.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

and were talking about for game cube right?

ok so im a lil confused on this whole ILLEGAL server things, wanna hit me up with a PM about wth u guys are talking about

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

Step 1.) Enter the appropriate terms into google. I'm hoping I don't need to add another step on what to do after that. XD

As for the legality of it, I'm pretty sure the GCN portion isn't technically legal, but no one minds as Sega dropped all support for us about seven years ago and made it official through dropping the servers a couple years ago. Sega's pretty much turned the other way, seeing as they aren't going to make a profit if they shut down the server anyways. As for the BB portion, that's another story. Thing is, JPBB actually has players, because SoJ actually cares somewhat for their fanbase.
    Last edited by Ryna; Jun 26, 2009 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Don't be so explicit
    PSO
    Shalo the HUnewearl, GC, level 151

PSU
    Furrypaws the Beast, PC/PS2, Level 79, WT10

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws View Post
    *Removed* I'm hoping I don't need to add another step on what to do after that. XD

As for the legality of it, I'm pretty sure the GCN portion isn't technically legal, but no one minds as Sega dropped all support for us about seven years ago and made it official through dropping the servers a couple years ago. Sega's pretty much turned the other way, seeing as they aren't going to make a profit if they shut down the server anyways. As for the BB portion, that's another story. Thing is, JPBB actually has players, because SoJ actually cares somewhat for their fanbase.
    Just so you know, for future reference, what I bolded, we also are not allowed to do.

Anyways, Private Servers are in existance. We cannot PM you with details on how to locate, connect, or anything else that goes outside of saying "they exist". Google can get you the information you want, it's really not hard to track down a Private Server. The Private Servers which we play on aren't technically legal, be it for GC or BB (with the exception of the JPBB servers, which was stated above).
    Last edited by Ryna; Jun 26, 2009 at 11:34 AM.

i would say go ahead with it but it would cost less money (0$) if u have an okay comp to get bb it's a more updated version and is free try to google it.

Whiskey/Newearl Addict Lance813's Avatar

Yeah, but BB doesn't give you that console gaming feel that GC does. If you want to play some GC online I would say go for it. I play GC on that private server and I think its a good opportunity to actually get more than your moneys worth out of the game. I would highly recommend you getting to level 80 though. It should take you a week or so of half dedicated PSOing.

If you have any questions PM me for my e-mail address because we can't talk about them here...

Furou-uen | Rhysa | Aeryssa | Lance

it's a great server even though the PSOGC community is dying out =/
    BB doesnt quite do it for me.
    Don't ask us to PM it's illegal and this thread is risky enough.

Yes, sega could pull out copyrights and such, but it would literally be a jackass move to do so. They have no reason, and I am 100% sure they know of it's popularity and existence. Sega themselves have acknowledged it I believe, even BB, but only in North America.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Quote Originally Posted by Lance813 View Post
    Yeah, but BB doesn't give you that console gaming feel that GC does. If you want to play some GC online I would say go for it. I play GC on that private server and I think its a good opportunity to actually get more than your moneys worth out of the game. I would highly recommend you getting to level 80 though. It should take you a week or so of half dedicated PSOing.

If you have any questions PM me for my e-mail address because we can't talk about them here...
    i agree i would rather have bb as a gc but i like bb more because of the updates and the fact that i know some people who play it but aren't big enough pso fans to buy an adapter for gc so bottom line either way is well worth going with.