Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gratz Rust! The illustration contest was a bit empty like others also said. I've seen better stuff in the past. (no trying to diss the entries though, good job guys! )

Ah goddammit. I was pretty happy with my entry, it's not even in the top 3. Did people vote by popularity anyway?

I never got my prize for the last contest either!

Quote Originally Posted by SabZero View Post
    Did people vote by popularity anyway?
    Well, that's a pretty wild assumption. As you clearly see, the entries are nameless until after the contests are over.

Quote Originally Posted by EternuS View Post
    the event illustration was a bunch a bull crap. that eternal struggle art is CRAP! im sorry world that i dont use computer graphics but draw TRADITIONAL art.
    To both of you:
    Art is a talent & subjective thing. Apparently, you have some skill. You did well enough, but need some improvement to win. It not just here, it's everywhere.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by SabZero View Post
    Did people vote by popularity anyway?
    Can't really say for the Illustration gallery because I was able to tell which ones were done by Carma and Yueri (even though I don't think they're that popular, anyways, but then again, looking at the artist names, I don't really see who would have won a popularity contest).

For the stick figures gallery, I don't think it's been voted by popularity, though.
    Most people were newcomers, I didn't even recognized Sayara's and W0LB0T's entries were theirs until they revealed the artists yesterday. As for myself, I don't think I'm popular to begin with, not to add that's the first time I'm doing a comic with stick figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhylec View Post
    Well, that's a pretty wild assumption. As you clearly see, the entries are nameless until after the contests are over.
    To be fair, it was pretty easy to tell the winning illustration was by Carma (you learn to notice people's art styles) . Likewise, I knew which Yueri had done before it was announced as a runner up. No excuse for popularity voting, but you can't find any way to stop it if it does happen.

Anyway, congratulations to those who won (whether it was 1st or a runner-up). If you end up with a Karen figure, mail it my way

Edit: Honestly, I kinda expected to see more entries. I've been weighed down with other stuff lately, so I didn't get chance (not that I'd be able to compete against some of those entries, haha).
    Last edited by Neith; Jul 2, 2009 at 08:47 AM.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

It was said there were strict time restraints on making this contest as our prize givers have said.

Alledgedly.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Gomen nasai! *bows repeatedly* I blew off some steam, granted.

Ah well. Let's have the next contest then, heheh.

The winner of the stick figures hit the nail on the head. That comic was the best i have ever seen. GJ

i also love the FB art one and the jaos one i though was funny

Quote Originally Posted by EternuS View Post
    the event illustration was a bunch a bull crap. that eternal struggle art is CRAP! im sorry world that i dont use computer graphics but draw TRADITIONAL art.
    can i just say something to you

you do know that ART can be used in ANY medium?

Meaning computer ART and what you call pen to paper art are both the same.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Jul 2, 2009 at 01:23 PM. Reason: merge
    Xiledgaming.com
    [[Biggest Gaming community 30k memebers]]

Main GT: Syn Jerriel

GT for PSU: KoG Queenubcake
    Queen Nubcake 150 Protranser/FF/AcroTecher/FM @ 13
    Kitty 104 FT/AcroTecher/MF @10

I think he meant computer coloured art is always preferred on the 'net, to "traditional" art.

Not necessarly true, i always prefer a painting done manually than by computer

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."