Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EternuS View Post
    im sorry world that i dont use computer graphics but draw TRADITIONAL art.
    That is admirable.
    To be able to use tradtiional means and get it into the computer without ruining the picture with bad quality scans or such. It's hard to do.
    Kudos.

I'd also like to offer my congratulations to the winners! ! Good work!
    Former Hunter and GUARDIAN

i guess no one knew my style?

Traditional? digital? who the hell cares about that anyway? someone that can draw good digitally can also do the same traditionally. On paper I like traditional stuff, but I don't like to look at traditional stuff on my screen, since I now it ruines the true magic of the picture.

i guess no one knew my style?
    I knew all of the top 3 artist simply by style, but I don't think I've voted for anyone this time.

The 'emptyness' of the contest I would really bet was due to the deadline.
    Wasn't it announced on the 5th of a month then due the 30th or 20something'th of that same month? Most contests have a larger span allowing more people to enter them. I think that if it looks like "People Weren't Interested" that it isn't true, it's just the short line.

Blame? Probably not. Sega EU sponsored the prizes so they're the ones who get to pick the due date. Plus, it was right on 'finals time' for some people with school, as was commented too. I know that I had to scramble to get my entry in and it was pretty down to the wire, and I don't usually operate like that.

Whoever was raging that traditional art didn't show up the time limit is again what I point the finger at because a painting or a sculpture will take longer than CG in some cases and if you're staring down a deadline you're not going to choose long media. Incidentally it was ideal for stick figure entrants because they're 100% concept reliant. If you can think of the gag, you can pretty much whip something up nomatter when the deadline is. (also, I'd of entered that too but "bruce" wasn't an event!)

Eh, I would've joined the art contest but I was late (though the rule you cannot have anyone know who you are -artist wise- was pretty rough since I have my own unique style, I definite knew that yueri entered due to the uniqueness of his art)...

I forgot to vote. -.- Oh well congrats.

---

On the weird note, I finished my contest entries.

sorry for necroing but has anyone gotten there prizes yet?

I was going to post something in there as well.

It's been about a full month and I still haven't seen a single page of the artbook coming my way.
    I know Carma didn't get his either, as he asked me about it a few days ago.

I find it very... slow?

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in getting your well-deserved loot to you Sega Europe was kind enough to mail everything out for us and save us the cost of shipping out prizes, so we never actually had the merchandise on hand. I did receive an update from our Sega UK contact over the weekend and all prizes were mailed out by them last Friday. I imagine they will start arriving at their destinations over the next week or so, depending on where you're located. Keep and eye out for them, they'll be arriving soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomeeboy View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the delay in getting your well-deserved loot to you Sega Europe was kind enough to mail everything out for us and save us the cost of shipping out prizes, so we never actually had the merchandise on hand. I did receive an update from our Sega UK contact over the weekend and all prizes were mailed out by them last Friday. I imagine they will start arriving at their destinations over the next week or so, depending on where you're located. Keep and eye out for them, they'll be arriving soon!
    Thanks for letting us know, the question was on my mind as well.
    Color is Chaos, Bent on Destruction.