Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wouldn't even bother with the story. It doesnt really add any value to the game. It's kinda lame.. I've been playing since it released and I still haven't bothered with the story. The game is about the gameplay, which is awesome. 3 steps up from PSO. Try a melee class to start off as it's generally easiest and cheapest(PP). Just brace yourself for HORRIBLE character acting >(
    ----PS2 Player----
    Rygar - Level 170 - Beast - AF / FF / PT
    Zelda - Level 103 - Newman - FT / AT

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

God the plot and the character acting are about as cheesy as an 80's B-movie. Makes you wonder who wrote the story to this. Prolly the same drek that did the plot to Sonic 06'.

I actually think we get pretty steady updates most of the time. But, the updates tend to be rather small, and the community works too fast to really appreciate the updates. So we bore easily. They should just release ALL the content and let the players find out rares by themselves.

But why dont they do this? Newer PS2s don't support hard drive, and SONY doesnt make them anymore anyway (only game that ever used it was FFXI).

Gameplay wise, this game is fun. Its hack/slash and easy to understand, which is what I like. The fact that its a ORPG is HUGE plus.

Since you mentioned the PC's population a lot, I'm assuming thats the one you're considering getting. Well the population is pretty bad. HOWEVER (big however), PSU tends to reward solo players more anyway. These days, I -have- been soloing muuuch more than I used to. It sucks, but theres nothing you can do about it. My cardlist is also not that huge, so thats probably why I have a hard time finding people to play with. Theres people that will tell you to just get with a group of friends (which I don't have, hence soloing lol). Basically, make reliable game buddies if you really want more of a party experience.

Don't get version 1. Unless you desperately want to play the offline story (not available in ep2), otherwise it does nothing good for you online. NOTHING. Trust me. Just get the expansion, you'll be able to do everything in V1 and more.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Hey, one of those Resident Evil Outbreak games used the hard drive, too!

And... like, a Socom game! So yeah! TAKE THAT!!!!!

Yeah, a LOT of wasted potential to the hard drive, and the overpricing and forced bundled-in version of FFXI didn't help things much, either. Still, they did better with the PS3 and their hard drive implementation, you DO have to give them that.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Talking

I actually played FFXI first on the PS2 with the hard drive. It's the whole reason I got the thing. Didn't get much use out of it after that. But yeah, SOCOM and I believe the Resident Evil survivor games required it. Which well, they shut down the server for resident evil survivor as well as the Monster Hunter servers for those that didn't know. Not sure what capcom did with all the space they freed up...

And yeah I won't get the chance to pick the game up until about next friday roughly. To strapped with other bills and running around until then. But, if I ever do get on. All of you that play on PC can add me to your friends/card list. As i'll probably be on quite frequently once I do get the game. Right now i'm stuck lvling a priest on WoW... Yeah... So much fun. (SARCASM)

One last question since I haven't had the chance to research it and we're on the topic. Will I be able to play with XBOX360 and PS2 players as well?(If i'm playing on PC) Or are all versions hosted on seperate servers?

My guess is no.
    The more things change... The more they stay the same...

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post

One last question since I haven't had the chance to research it and we're on the topic. Will I be able to play with XBOX360 and PS2 players as well?(If i'm playing on PC) Or are all versions hosted on seperate servers?

My guess is no.
    You guessed right.

PC/PS2 play speratly from 360.

Well at least that means i'll be able to play with PS2 players... None of which I know atm...

Quote Originally Posted by DB View Post
    Well at least that means i'll be able to play with PS2 players... None of which I know atm...
    Youo can know me! I have no friends.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Alright DB, feel free to swing by my main's shop whenever you can and post a comment on the board of when we can meet. I'll do my damndest to get there (as long as it's not during the 9-5 EST work week).
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Well as soon as I get it, I look forwards to having some immediate friends, especially from the site.

From what i've seen in vids, it looks pretty fast paced compared to the previous games.