Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Well, I got PSO for the Dreamcast long, long time ago, but when I was younger I wasn't simply bad, I was really awful at the game .

My interest in PSO vanished due to my frustation with myself, but it was revived when years later my brother bought PSO ver 1 and 2 for the Gamecube. I've only played offline in the Gamecube but it was good splitscreen fun.

After some time I got a sudden urge to play PSO online again and decided to check how things were, I found out the PSOBB server was no more and read about PSU, which I didn't even remember that existed. I played the 360 demo, liked it, and then got it for the PC (I prefer to play games at my PC). Basically I play PSU because I'm somewhat addicted to it .

(By the way Tifa, one of the few games I've still got for my Dreamcast - its dead - is Unreal Tournament, playing with a limit of 4 players wasn't that fun unfortunately )

i still play but not as much anymore. If i had a larger friend list id be happier, so anyone whos on leave a message in my shop
    its rob hes a human an i play on pc so hit me up the shops add is
    the new design so yea drop a pm
    i must kidnap the sandy claws

1. i play it cause my friends still play it
    2. i love when they ACTUALLY UPDATE psu
    3. i play out of boredom...lol[=

characters: Smokey's Princess-123--N1SxChiBi AnGeL-85--xx BoNniE oo-73--LeXi BeAr[=-1...lol[=

haha playing PSU to be black. nice

i play because of my love for PSO. that's what got me started. its a good game to play casually because unlike other MMO's you dont have to dedicate your life to just get everything out of the game.
    ----PS2 Player----
    Rygar - Level 170 - Beast - AF / FF / PT
    Zelda - Level 103 - Newman - FT / AT

Updates is usually what keeps me playing PSU. On the other hand hunting and leveling(PM,techs,skills) keep me busy.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

I don't.

When it comes to games that allow dark-shaded characters. Don't forget Guild Wars. That's actually the first one I remember that not only allowed you to make characters like that, but ones with particular facial features that happen to only be shared with certain folks from certain geographical areas. And while certain noses and short-curl hairstyles aren't necessarily black-only. They were never included in other games, so even those folks couldn't be represented. Those few mentioned, and Guild Wars, allow darker skin shades, but most of them stick you with only certain generic facial types that miss out on a vast majority of darker-skinned people. Guild Wars kind of surprised me, but that's what they got for actually having an entire expansion based off of a heavy African influence.

What's cool, is that some lighter-shade folks also need those features, so it's all good.

Still, my reasons for Phantasy Star (as I have to say that, because I split my time between lots of Phantasy Star Online games, now) is that it is unique.

For one, it's the *ONLY* Sci-fi based Online RPG, where you can customize a character and run around with it, that actually survives to this day. All of the rest of them failed dismally and had a really short run. There's Eve online, but you don't customize a character or run around with it, you're basically the ship and all combat and movement is in space.

The second part is that it's an Online RPG that is real-time action, not on a turn-based clock. The mechanics of the game are a lot more like a 3D action game than an MMO. That says a lot for how unique it is. Nothing like taking the controller, running around with no delay (lag permitting) dodging, fighting, shooting, and casting. And with a character you customized further than most games allow. (Though wearable appearances are limited in comparison) Still, I think nothing really replaces a good Phantasy Star (online RPG), except another one of them.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 23, 2009 at 04:32 PM.

i played pso dc and liked it so much so i wanted to get this while waiting for star craft 2

I am going to resubscribe today for the helluv of it
    -LadyDatura

Because this is the only MMO Action RPG I realy enjoy.
    Last edited by Max B; May 29, 2010 at 10:57 PM.