Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

True with the recent change, but MM is still better than Guld Milla in terms of raw power. Plus it rapes MA4C, which is important. (DP whoring, yadda yadda -- gets the Limiters/v101's!)

Would be better if you solo or play with other DP whores in that case.
    And I would prefer Guld Milla for it's ubber HP stealing.
    But I suppose it would come down to more of a matter of preference.
    *adds "Thousand Hammers" to list*

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJoe View Post
    I think it's very fortunate you're a Greenill, I like Greenill for rangers a lot. Frozen Shooter is good, but heed these words: Grind Mine. Do it until your eyes are about to fall out.

The main reason is Yasminkov 3000R from the Gillchich. Fully ground it has 520 power and like 64 ATA, which is spectacular for gun that shoots as far and as fast as a rifle. There are other good items, but this item will be really helpful when you're still a low level, and it will get even better as you get stronger.
    I'm very unfamiliar with the game as a whole so basically everything I know comes from the people who started me on it. I intentionally got Greenill, and one of them actually bought me Yasminkov 3000, 7000 and 9000 plus a Spread Needle the other day.

Thanks for the lists to everyone else, it's going to be one hell of a grind finding those things from looking at the drop charts.

Also, what does DP stand for?
    Last edited by A Scoot; Sep 1, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

DP = Divine Punishment, the special attack of Heaven Punisher, and I assume Heaven Striker. Also, you could say it is the attack dark falz and some other bosses use when they shoot the purple photons into the air, and it comes down and does a ton of damage.
    CHARACTERS, All on ult, GC offline, Last updated 1/31/10:
    Me: Yellowboze, HUcast, lvl. 156---Joe: Redria, RAmarl, 142
    GamE n WatcH: Greenill, FOnewm, 133---Pyrofreak: Oran, FOmar, 126
    Sil'fer: Skyly, HUnewearl, 108---Mr. Beeez: Viridia, HUmar, 105
    SGT. Cool: Bluefull, RAcast, 104---The internet: Purplenum, FOmarl, 63

Well, I guess I could test my knowledge of what exactly could be considered the best equipment for a RA:

Rifle:
    Yasminkov 7000V - Good ATP when fully ground with Rifle animation and speed, but only has Shot range, but it also has Shot radius, meaning that anything within your line of sight and range can be hit.
    Yasminkov 3000R - Lower ATP than the 7kV at first, but when fully ground it is stronger than the 7kV, and it is like the basic Rifle with range and firing speed.
    Frozen Shooter - A must have for EVERY RA, and for the obvious reason - it's amazing ability to freeze an enemy, and with it's decent ATP to boot.
    Snow Queen - The other must have (if you want a little bit of risk in your game), being that even though you lose your combo, the ATP is about 1.5 times greater than the Froozer, and the special attack ALWAYS activates, along with a piercing shot.

Shot:
    Spread Needle - This has to be the most oddball gun, being that it is the biggest hybrid weapon in the game, with it's Mechgun range and ATP, the Rifle animation and speed, but it still has the Shot projectiles, along with it's Seize special (use a V501 or V502 to make this as good as a Froozer).
    L&K38 Combat - I haven't used this myself, but I hear a lot of good about it because of it's high ATP and Handgun range.
    Crush Bullet - Now I know that this is the second weakest rare Shot, but it's life steal is good if you are in a pinch, and being that it's on the weaker side, it means that you can steal more life without dealing a lot of damage

Handgun:
    Red Handgun - This is quite the good gun if you want to go with the Handgun route because of it's middle ATP for the Handgun class, and it's high grind limit, but it's downfall is that useless Tempest special...
    Heaven Punisher - Argueably the best Handgun in the game because of it's good ATP and it's amazing special: the Divine Punishment.
    Heaven Striker - The other side of the arguement, this Handgun has GODLY ATP and when it's special (Berserk) is used, you will be dealing insane amounts of damage.

Launcher:
    NUG2000 Bazooka - This is a very nice Launcher (just got one a few days ago), being that it's good for previously stated reasons: the crowd control and the high ATP, but it is simply outdone by anything else if you don't have a Heavenly/Battle or V101.
    Cannon Rouge - Whew, talk about insane ATP, and that's all I can tell you XD.
    Iron Faust - Even though this is in the Shot class, I consider it to be a Launcher because it only fires one super strong projectile, and thanks to the big update (that's all I can say), the combo unlock has made this "Launcher" hands down the strongest of it's "type."

Mechgun:
    L&K14 Combat - Yes this is one of the weaker Mechguns on the list, but if you have no other options for the time being, then this gun will hold it's own for a long time.
    Yasminkov 9000M - Damn, why isn't this the strongest Mechgun? It tops out at 100 ATP fully ground (half of the strongest Mechguns), but here's the kicker: the Rifle range my friends, and it's amazing when you use this along side the Froozer/Snow Queen.
    Guld Milla - Here we go with another arguement: the Guld Milla is tied for highest ATP, but with it's Unreduced Gush and it's Handgun range, I say that this Mechgun takes the cake.
    Mille Marteaux - Here's the second part: it has only slightly higher ATP than the Guld Milla, but it's special is again the Divine Punishment, so you choose on this one.
    Dual Bird - The last part of the arguement: the Dual Bird has set ATP, along with it's special being King's, but it's a pretty useless special to be put on such a strong Mechgun, so I guess this is more of a trophy.

*takes a deep breath*

That should help out quite a bit, and I'll leave it to someone else to explain nonrare weapons and S-Ranks.
    The soon-to-be Steel-type Gym Leader of Ace Trainers United, FC will come along soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaZedlen View Post
    Well, I guess I could test my knowledge of what exactly could be considered the best equipment for a RA:

Rifle:
    Yasminkov 7000V - Good ATP when fully ground with Rifle animation and speed, but only has Shot range, but it also has Shot radius, meaning that anything within your line of sight and range can be hit.
    Yasminkov 3000R - Lower ATP than the 7kV at first, but when fully ground it is stronger than the 7kV, and it is like the basic Rifle with range and firing speed.
    Frozen Shooter - A must have for EVERY RA, and for the obvious reason - it's amazing ability to freeze an enemy, and with it's decent ATP to boot.
    Snow Queen - The other must have (if you want a little bit of risk in your game), being that even though you lose your combo, the ATP is about 1.5 times greater than the Froozer, and the special attack ALWAYS activates, along with a piercing shot.

Shot:
    Spread Needle - This has to be the most oddball gun, being that it is the biggest hybrid weapon in the game, with it's Mechgun range and ATP, the Rifle animation and speed, but it still has the Shot projectiles, along with it's Seize special (use a V501 or V502 to make this as good as a Froozer).
    L&K38 Combat - I haven't used this myself, but I hear a lot of good about it because of it's high ATP and Handgun range.
    Crush Bullet - Now I know that this is the second weakest rare Shot, but it's life steal is good if you are in a pinch, and being that it's on the weaker side, it means that you can steal more life without dealing a lot of damage

Handgun:
    Red Handgun - This is quite the good gun if you want to go with the Handgun route because of it's middle ATP for the Handgun class, and it's high grind limit, but it's downfall is that useless Tempest special...
    Heaven Punisher - Argueably the best Handgun in the game because of it's good ATP and it's amazing special: the Divine Punishment.
    Heaven Striker - The other side of the arguement, this Handgun has GODLY ATP and when it's special (Berserk) is used, you will be dealing insane amounts of damage.

Launcher:
    NUG2000 Bazooka - This is a very nice Launcher (just got one a few days ago), being that it's good for previously stated reasons: the crowd control and the high ATP, but it is simply outdone by anything else if you don't have a Heavenly/Battle or V101.
    Cannon Rouge - Whew, talk about insane ATP, and that's all I can tell you XD.
    Iron Faust - Even though this is in the Shot class, I consider it to be a Launcher because it only fires one super strong projectile, and thanks to the big update (that's all I can say), the combo unlock has made this "Launcher" hands down the strongest of it's "type."

Mechgun:
    L&K14 Combat - Yes this is one of the weaker Mechguns on the list, but if you have no other options for the time being, then this gun will hold it's own for a long time.
    Yasminkov 9000M - Damn, why isn't this the strongest Mechgun? It tops out at 100 ATP fully ground (half of the strongest Mechguns), but here's the kicker: the Rifle range my friends, and it's amazing when you use this along side the Froozer/Snow Queen.
    Guld Milla - Here we go with another arguement: the Guld Milla is tied for highest ATP, but with it's Unreduced Gush and it's Handgun range, I say that this Mechgun takes the cake.
    Mille Marteaux - Here's the second part: it has only slightly higher ATP than the Guld Milla, but it's special is again the Divine Punishment, so you choose on this one.
    Dual Bird - The last part of the arguement: the Dual Bird has set ATP, along with it's special being King's, but it's a pretty useless special to be put on such a strong Mechgun, so I guess this is more of a trophy.

*takes a deep breath*

That should help out quite a bit, and I'll leave it to someone else to explain nonrare weapons and S-Ranks.
    This is completely lacking melee weapons, any ranger that only uses guns fails.
    Just as any hunter who only uses melee fails.
    Rangers would have a horrible time in Episode 4 without a melee option.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post
    True with the recent change, but MM is still better than Guld Milla in terms of raw power. Plus it rapes MA4C, which is important. (DP whoring, yadda yadda -- gets the Limiters/v101's!)
    DP whoring? Since when has that ever been useful for anything but tagging?
    Ramarls are the only class that can do halfway decent damage with it and eve they do better with normally attacking.

Also, what makes the MM so awesome is the other special, having a targeting area of like 200°.

Quote Originally Posted by A Scoot View Post
    I'm very unfamiliar with the game as a whole so basically everything I know comes from the people who started me on it. I intentionally got Greenill, and one of them actually bought me Yasminkov 3000, 7000 and 9000 plus a Spread Needle the other day.

Thanks for the lists to everyone else, it's going to be one hell of a grind finding those things from looking at the drop charts.

Also, what does DP stand for?
    DP is also the special of MM on beats where the hundreds are even (as it's made from HP). For the other special see above.
    Note that the ATA is only slightly lower than a heavy attack and far higher than normal specials.

Also, shot life stealing is suicide. The fire rate is so slow that enemies will hit you faster than you can refill your HP, especially with Crush Bullet's pathetic special.
    If you want a shot for HP refill, get a Gush Needle.
    But it's entirely pointless to ever use HP refill in the first place if you're a fleshy.

Also, the best rifle in the game is the Bringer's. It has the 3rd highest ATA of any weapon in the game (I think) and has demon's special (reduce enemy HP by 75% of current value).

GM is a rather pointless weapon. It's near impossible to find a legit one and no one is gonna trade one away unless for something like a TJ with hit.
    MM is better, do to slightly higher ATP and that targeting area special that will save your ass countless times.

Rifles become more or less obsolete later on, because mechs will outdamage them by far.
    Also, better than any rifle for damage is HS, with massive ATP and high ATA.
    I think it's also not too hard to find one.
    Yas 9k is good, but there are far too many small rooms where rifle range is pointless, a stronger short ranged mech is better.
    If you want to kill something from a long range, you got FS and Bringer's.

As for shots, there is one that can rival the almighty Needle - Baranz Launcher.
    It only hits 4 enemies but it has charge as special (double damage) and with a V101 it's fairly quick.
    You'll pump out absurd damage on 4 enemies in a short time.
    It's the best weapon ever to use on bosses (at least most of them), since they can be hit at several places at once and you can unload all bullets of a shot into a boss.
    You can also hit a boss multiple times at once with a launcher (Cannon Rouge is great, easy to find and pretty strong).

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    DP whoring? Since when has that ever been useful for anything but tagging?
    Ramarls are the only class that can do halfway decent damage with it and eve they do better with normally attacking.
    Clearly you've never played MA4C, or any monster spamming quest. I'll give you a hint: it's the same as a solo FOnewm rafoie'ing the world. If you still need another hint, it's good, easy, very fast and boring as hell solo exp.

Also, not many use DP in parties for tagging anymore, people got over that along with FO's entering a room with Rafoie then deciding to J/Z (lol, GC days). DMC is everyone's bane.