Lightbulb DReamCAst 10th Anniversary! PSO Anybody?

(Please excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this... If it is, please move it!)

Well, it seems like it's that time of the year, again. When the calender marks 9/9/09, this Wednesday our beloved friend, the DreamCast will be 10 years old!
    Just let me say, I probably won't be keeping up with this thread, and may abandon it, but I will be celebrating for my favorite system, yet!

I've been playing my dreamcast a lot lately, anyway.

By checking am interview with a Sega official, you will see that they won't be planning anything official for the DreamCast, stating that it is in their past now, and that "Sega is now a software company."
    However, they have informed us that they may be reentering the console wars, many years from now. Just, at the moment they are infiltrating the enemies base, seeing how other consoles work.

Many people have theorized that both the X-box or, Sega's long time rival, Nintendo Wii is the second coming of the Dreamcast. Both including similar features, as well as ports of their past games.

To the real point...

I wonder if any private PSO servers or fans will be celebrating this day in any way.

Me and my fiancee (who isn't a big fan of the DreamCast, but loves the works of sonic team), along with some friends are going to geek out, and play it all. Starting and ending the day with PSO.

My older sister pretty much downed me, bragging about WoW, and calling PSO outdated, and pointless. (She's just mad that I snagged her dreamcast after mine broke, before she moved out)

Sadly, I can't play my PSO online, since I can't find my broadband connector, or a Lan crossover cable for the dreamcast. I just stuck with PSZero, as long as I can find some people to play with.

What are you going to do when you dust off your PSO and Dreamcast?

(I was going to post some free servers, but I read that's against the rules... )
    ...I hate my games...

Well, i have seen at another forum some ppl organizing a pso game on that day, i can't tell you the name of the forum because they have they're own pso server for dreamcast and pc.

Since i can't go with my dreamcast i may try and apear with pso pc wich is the same, but the best i will do will be to chat.

I will have fun on my dreamcast as usual i guess, PSO, soul calibur and many others are going to be played.
    I am trying to organize a very special hud skin for pso ver.2, i doubt it will be released soon but i have prepared a special printed disk for it, so basicly beeing the 10th birthday doesn't mean much, i will still play PSO.

Maybe i'll do a dreamcast wallpaper of somesort, it all depends if i get my computer back at that time.

I was thinking of doing something similar. Maybe some big dreamcast/ Sega collage.
    ...I hate my games...

I'll say Happy Anniversary for our favourite little white box but that's about all I can do right now. I wish I could go online with PSO one last time but alas I do not have V1 or a PAL V2. Actually if I could still go online with my V2 I never would have moved over to BB.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Yeah I really miss it sometimes. I love PSU, but PSO v1 on DC will always have a special place in my heart. I keep planning on buying a broadband adapter for it so I can hit up those private servers, but haven't gotten to it yet. Still it's nice to know that the DC is fondly remembered.

Hm, a decade already? If I have a TV in my room I should hook it up just play some DC for old times sake. ;3
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

I need to hook up my DC to my computer monitor. Although, I have heard that the VGA adapter has problems with lcd flatscreens. I think I heard that on the Co-Op Show. Any truth to this?