Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Weapon Questions

Hello.

I had a few questions about PSZ. I've been serching info on the game and really excited for it. I just want to know a few things. x)

Are Grenade Launchers Avalible on this game?. (Used to play PSU For a while. stopped playing though.)

Do you have to be a Certain Race just to use Certain weapons or could you change classes like in PSU?.

I know its dumb questions but the two weapons i loved to use were Slicers And Grenade launchers. And when i began reading up on PSZ I was'nt sure if it was possible to have them both in the same class. And if they are, Which Class would they be?.

The beast of possibility Zero Revenge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks Zeta View Post
    Hello.

I had a few questions about PSZ. I've been serching info on the game and really excited for it. I just want to know a few things. x)

Are Grenade Launchers Avalible on this game?. (Used to play PSU For a while. stopped playing though.)

Do you have to be a Certain Race just to use Certain weapons or could you change classes like in PSU?.

I know its dumb questions but the two weapons i loved to use were Slicers And Grenade launchers. And when i began reading up on PSZ I was'nt sure if it was possible to have them both in the same class. And if they are, Which Class would they be?.
    1.) No, there isn't a "grenade launcher" persay, but there are "cannons" which is more or less rocket launchers.

2.) Some weapons do indeed have race & class resitrictions to them. Mainly class, but i've seen a few racial.

3.) You cannot change classes on a character.

4.) Slicers are usable by Forces [primarily] and Hunters. No Rangers.
    Likewise, Cannons are only [most of them] only to Rangers, not Forces nor Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Revenge View Post
    4.) Slicers are usable by Forces [primarily] and Hunters. No Rangers.
    Likewise, Cannons are only [most of them] only to Rangers, not Forces nor Hunters.
    There are slicers that rangers, both cast and human, can use. Likewise, there are canons and lasers usable by forces and hunters.

cannons and lasers are so useless. they are just fun to use sometimes

Lasers are not useless, you can hit multiple targets from the same enemy, shoot the dragon in the head and the laser will damage all its hit points to the tail, I prefer to use a laser with my HUcast instead of a support handgun or rifle.

Slicers can be equipped by most classes, but their damage depends on MST, not ATP, so a Force will outdamage a hunter with a slicer, but the low ATA can be a nuisance with slicers... also they are very different from pso and psu slicers, not to mention they are powerful in psu thanks to their photon arts, you can hit multiple targets with the slicer, but the moment it hits a target it will come back (they are, in fact, boomerangs this time) so you have to send it again during the combo, and the photon arts are all close range.

so, how many different wep classes are there, what are they, and do they still have 5 base wep forms each?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrith_Ranger_Pso View Post
    so, how many different wep classes are there, what are they, and do they still have 5 base wep forms each?
    http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=PS0:Weapons

There are also 3 kind of manufacturers (human, war/cast relic and lunar design), each class will be able to equip some weapons from another class if the manufacturer coincides with their race, so a HUcast can equip a "CAST" laser but not a "newman" laser.

Thanks Everyone.

For sure i'm becoming a RAcast. Mainly because im Amazed of how the Guns are in the game. And the lasers are not useless. They cat hit multiple Enemies. And im not sure how the Cannons work on this game, So i'll wait and see. And They can use techs (I Only use De-Buff and Healing) along with a few slicers and Daggers

Also, Casts can see traps?. im thinking so because of what i read on PSU Pedia

Trap Vision l トラップビジョン l 2*l 50M l Allows a non-Cast character to see traps until visiting the city again

Also. I'll be sure Not to look up more info here from Terrible Information Sites
    xD i do know there is some reward when you reserve it.
    Last edited by Sparks Zeta; Sep 19, 2009 at 10:02 AM.

You got something wrong, rangers can use debuff techs, but only the ones that can use techniks, and this does not include CASTs, like in PSO, CASTs cannot use Techniks, but they are immune to some status effects and can see traps. They can use traps, you buy them in the shop and there are burn, freeze, confusion and heal traps. CASTs have also HP regeneration, while newman have PP regeneration, and humans can use 20 materials more than the other classes to customize your stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks Zeta View Post
    Thanks Everyone.

Also. I'll be sure Not to look up more info here from Terrible Information Sites
    xD i do know there is some reward when you reserve it.
    Sorry you feel that way. The Phantasy Star Fan blog only captures news that came out at that time (Oct 2008: 2 months before the game was released in Japan). The only information we had at that time came from from magazine scans and interviews. It's better to use Psupedia.info or any other wiki for a collection of all the information that was released. I'm sure the same thing will happen to PSPo2 but that is another thread..

But I'll provide some insight into why it says "LAUNCHER" and not "Laser"

At the time of the Famitsu Magazine scan in october 2008...

The pink box reads "Launcher" and even PSUPedia has it listed as of Sept 19, 2009.

But apparently from the time of that scan, to the game's Japanese Release, the name was changed from LAUNCHER to Laser. The same thing happened to the Bazooka. The Bazooka became Cannon, *yet there are still items within the Cannon category called Bazooka.

Hope this clears this up for people, and I'll also make the changes to what's listed on the wiki.
    Last edited by WBMike; Sep 19, 2009 at 04:14 PM.