Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Default Dead before it starts (RIP PSZ online play)

Is the online play already ruined for you?

To anyone that played and loved Phantasy Star Online, we all know what killed it.

As a PSO/GC Vet. these are the words you don't want to hear when you're trying to get excited about the new Phantasy Star Zero (ie: "duped, legit"):

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Phantasy Star Zero is compatible with normal Nintendo DS consoles, so Action Replay can be used, in fact, codes for the Japanese game already exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by xSHiNOx View Post
    there is also a skip to floor 100 code which is useful for getting unique rares from heaven's mother. i was using it but didnt get nothing good. i didnt bother to keep doing it until i get something good
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
    Hacks always ruined Phantasy Star games, legit players knows legit players, it's the people you spend hours with to farm for special weapons.

Hackers will always be disregarded by legit players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    . As time goes on, standards are raised for online games and not having much protection against hacks on portable consoles is going to ruin the online experience for many players. I'm not expecting PSZ or PS:P2's online modes to get very popular outside of friend circles.
    Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    if someone used a duped Last Survivor, would anyone care???
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Sep 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

As if anyone here didnt realize cheating would be a big deal in a portable game.

Seriously, Crystal Chronicles didnt even attempt to keep people from duping in it, and its still not that bad to play online, minus the intolerable lag.

Just play using friend codes. At least 20 or so will be posted up here on the release date. Then you dont have to worry about any of it. We've already talked about creating a "legit-player only" list in this forum, which will pretty much fix this problem. So saying the online is dead before it starts is taking a very overzealous view on things.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Yeah, it's kind of inevitable. Also seeing how easy it was to mess with save data in the first Phantasy Star Portable, I'm sure the second one will also be easily hackable. Just play with friends only if it really bothers you. Since these are just standalone games, it's not like there's an economy to destroy or anything. Looking at you, PSU. XD

But yeah, I haven't seen any strange shenanigans in random online mode while I've been playing, but of course there's really no way to know when playing with randoms. Did all those level 100s I played with get there on their own? Were their weapons all legit? No idea. As long as the cheating isn't malicious (like damaging other people's data, which I haven't seen in this game yet) then I really don't care what people do to their own characters and data. If that's what makes the games fun for em, so be it.

However, in the event that malicious cheats end up being possible, the game doesn't auto save for any reason while online so you could just turn it off if somebody does something.
    Last edited by Evila; Sep 3, 2009 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    So saying the online is dead before it starts is taking a very overzealous view on things.
    It was ment to invoke some reactions.

I would love to play with you and others via friend codes but honestly, just once I'd like to play without people questioning whether I've optained my charaters gear/level by legit means.

To those that use AR on a game that just came out... wtf. Spend the time climbing that tower and reap the rewards (instead of warping to the end).

That said, I agree with you, judging a game before I've had my chance to play it is reckless.
    Either way I will still enjoy the offline mode.

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

I would have never spent much time in a hand-held game, or taken it too seriously, so it ruins nothing to me, if I manage to get a router my DS can connect to I will just love enjoying the game with randoms just like I enjoy it with friends or even NPCs lol also, no random can tell you "your weapon is duped", because, you can not comunicate with randoms, neither they can communicate with you.

Depends on the community too, I imagine the community is gonna be better than PSO/PSU (because it would be smaller.), then again i'm only assuming.

Less people = Less hacks. :P

-stares @ gamefaqs PSZ boards-

You know what, I take that back, there's gonna be a bunch of hackers, lol.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the other day I was looking for PSZ Action Replay/Code Breaker codes because I wanted to know if the JP version was hacked bad or not (and what types of hacks.) and I couldn't find anything so yeah, there's still hope!

---
    Currently Playing: Phantasy Star IV

You know what, I take that back, there's gonna be a bunch of hackers, lol.
    I'm not sure what topic on the GF PS0 board gives you that impression.

Depends on the community too, I imagine the community is gonna be better than PSO/PSU (because it would be smaller.), then again i'm only assuming.
    Smaller is certain, but I wouldn't say better yet.

Enjoy it while it's enjoyable.

Less people = Less hacks. :P
    Haha... Really, did you acually play PSO?

you never know, your friend that you play with could be hacking too like max meseta, running speed code, etc

Most flash cards in the market have integrated cheats, I used one of those flash card cheat files to try some cheats in an emulator to see the complete weapon gallery, I have no ways or intention to use them in the game, I'm having a lot of fun without doing it.