Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Nope, no dual wielding. Not that PSU's dual wielding system is any good anyways. DURR MUST MAKE DUAL HANDGUNS TO EQUIP, NOT JUST MAKE TWO HANDGUNS AND EQUIP THEM DURR.

That's gotta be one of the stupidest things in PSU, I mean, seriously? I can't mix and match my handguns with eachother? Or Daggers? Or Sabers? Or anything really? Wow, that could have been really cool, thinks ST.
    It would also be a bitch and three quarters to stat out and code, I'm sure, and mostly for the sake of cool points, especially when you consider that twin weapons have a much lower ATP value than their single forms, meaning you'd have to work out the power reduction somehow on top of just how two different weapons in the same category split the difference (what about elemental differences, for that matter?) or, even worse, what two completely different weapon types end up using where PAs and attack animations and the like are concerned, unless it's just a matter of "you can use the one in the left hand, or you can use the one in the right hand." Sega has a lot of DURR moments, but this is far more an understandable omission that would have been cool if they went to the trouble to do it--not one of their many DURR moments.

That aside, I've been wondering something else about the weapons--namely, I've heard that supposedly there are several gender-restricted items, but when I went and actually checked the PS0 weapon lists on both PSUpedia and the JP PS0 wiki, only two weapons appeared to be gender-restricted: a pair of spears, one casting Jellen and one casting Zalure (I think they were the Sweet Berry and Bitter Berry or something). I also saw two armours listed as being gender-restricted--just two (and the male one was male CAST only and the female one female newman only, at that). I didn't even see a gender restriction specified for the Stag Cutlery.

So do I get to breathe a sigh of relief here and go ahead and make a balanced FOmarl in peace instead of a hardcore-techie FOnewe, or are there more gender-restricted items the wikis simply haven't noted?

EDIT: oh hell yes they kept unarmed and it even has its own PA, I smell a bare-knuckles run waiting to happen
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    It would also be a bitch and three quarters to stat out and code, I'm sure, and mostly for the sake of cool points, especially when you consider that twin weapons have a much lower ATP value than their single forms, meaning you'd have to work out the power reduction somehow on top of just how two different weapons in the same category split the difference (what about elemental differences, for that matter?) or, even worse, what two completely different weapon types end up using where PAs and attack animations and the like are concerned, unless it's just a matter of "you can use the one in the left hand, or you can use the one in the right hand." Sega has a lot of DURR moments, but this is far more an understandable omission that would have been cool if they went to the trouble to do it--not one of their many DURR moments.
    No actually, its not understandable, its just lazy. There are PLENTY of RPGs that have offered dual wielding, Dungeon Siege 2, Titan's quest, Sacred, just to name a few. It is not difficult to program in a damage recalculation for a single handed weapon gone dual wielding. There is simply a percentage multiplier involved (I.E. if single wielded damage is at 100%, dual=65%). As for how they would handle PA's, they could simply have had the person attach a dual wield PA to a weapon pallete slot, not to the weapon. Its not like Sega made the game without thinking it through before hand, they had the idea there to have dual wielding, but all it is is you either get to use your dagger, or you pistol, not both at the same time. Oh and you cant dual wield wands AND daggers, those can only be held in ONE hand.

Yes sega, because it makes SO much sense that I can only wave a wand or slice with a blade, with my dominant hand, but aim with my recessive. Thanks.

Like I said, its a big DURR on there part for taking something that could have lended strategy to the game. Strategy that was much needed for any gunner class considering that pretty much there entire strategy involves tapping the same button overandoverandoverandoverandoverandover.

PSU was, and still is, a pile of unrealized potential. For every good idea they had they negated it with an incredibly stupid one (Crafting is a great idea! Too bad there are no rare drops anymore. Vehicles will be so cool! Too bad theres only 3, and you will never use them. Rare enemies are FUN! Too bad theres only like 6 variations for each map)

Trust me, I tried to convince myself for 2 years that I liked that game, I defended it to the bitter end, and I will admit it had its moments, but then one day I looked at the screens for the expansion pack, and saw another goddamn dragon reskin. I decided then and there that I had had it.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Yes, it is as it appears, there are hardly any gender restricted items. Stag Cutlery is usable by anyone, the two dessert Spears are restricted (though they are basically gag weapons) and the two armors that are restricted are fortunately not the best in the game.

So make who you want to, you wont run into any restrictions regarding items at all.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

yeah whats up with that why all the bosses reskined like 6 time each where is the diversity

When it comes to dual wielding I don't mind the paired weapon system, I would rather them tweak the hands for various weapons (Dagger to off-hand, Crossbow to on-hand) for doubling up firearms or melee weapons. They don't need Combo'd PAs or anything fancy (even if that would be cool). That would be my main want. Cause Saber/Dagger both being On-hand and Handgun/Crossbow both being on Off-hand was weak.

Back to my original question, I was hoping for one before the game came out in the states. However I'll just make one if there is not one by then. Cause I am interested in how the non-PA combos work in the hands of different classes, as well as how unarmed PA works for different classes. As if FOmarl does the same bare knuckle PA has FOnewm does, I'll laugh.

hey i got a weapon related question do spears work like they do in pso or like in psu?

side to side like attack pso or stab stab like attack psu

The beast of possibility Zero Revenge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kirtblue View Post
    hey i got a weapon related question do spears work like they do in pso or like in psu?

side to side like attack pso or stab stab like attack psu
    From what i've seen it's:

First & Second Attack: Stab
    Third AttacK: A swing/wide thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Revenge View Post
    From what i've seen it's:

First & Second Attack: Stab
    Third AttacK: A swing/wide thrust.
    thank you so much zero its a abit of both worlds and i can live with that

spears are one of my fav weapons in pso the side to side was awesome

i hate the normal attack in psu they changed it because they added axes and gave them a side to side but axes are slow