Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

psupedia says all of the other weapons (ie: whips, slicers, claws, etc) are "Upgrade-B weapons"

Shougai updated today so I didn't get the time to update my list.

I guess we're getting type customization as well?
    This "B-rank Upgrade" thing sounds like something you pick up along the way.

For the TGS demo, was there any indication of what class rank progress/customization is like?
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I guess...wait. How do customizations work again? In this version do you use meseta? ~Nyoron

*Has a Taokaka moment*

I was looking over the types and the Force seems gimped compared to the others. At the B upgrade, a Force gets C grade Swords, Spears, Twin Sabers, Slicers and Whips. At the B upgrade, the Hunter gets access to B-grade Whips (are these a Hunter class weapon now and no longer a Force class weapon?), a few C-grade Ranger weapons (Rifle, Twin Handgun, Shotgun, Range MAG, and Machine Gun), and a few C-grade Force weapons (Rods, and Wands). (That's 8 weapon types total added that belong to other classes.) The Ranger also gets access to sizable chunk of weapons belonging to other classes as well with the B upgrade. (8 types added to the Ranger.) But the Force gets 5 weapon types only? I'm not a Force player but what the Hell?

I hope these charts aren't final.
    Last edited by Blueblur; Sep 30, 2009 at 12:39 PM.

I hope I can upgrade some job to get my Protranser palette back.
    If I had to play favorites I guess I'd rather have Grenade than Axe.

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Its a shame we can't fully customize the pallette. I'm not talking about making a Hunter that can use every weapon C-S rank but swap out this for that.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blueblur View Post
    I was looking over the types and the Force seems gimped compared to the others. At the B upgrade, a Force gets C grade Swords, Spears, Twin Sabers, Slicers and Whips. At the B upgrade, the Hunter gets access to B-grade Whips (are these a Hunter class weapon now and no longer a Force class weapon?), a few C-grade Ranger weapons (Rifle, Twin Handgun, Shotgun, Range MAG, and Machine Gun), and a few C-grade Force weapons (Rods, and Wands). (That's 8 weapon types total added that belong to other classes.) The Ranger also gets access to sizable chunk of weapons belonging to other classes as well with the B upgrade. (8 types added to the Ranger.) But the Force gets 5 weapon types only? I'm not a Force player but what the Hell?

I hope these charts aren't final.
    I've never felt that a Force's main strength is their weapons, a Force just needs Technics, I think if you asked a Force would they rather have S Rank Rods and a few other B Rank weapons or A Rank Rods and a ton of other A Rank weapons they would want S Rank Rods everytime.
    I assume we will still have higher LV Technics only for Forces but they might also pull a PSO/PSZero and make some Technics exclusive to Forces.
    So overall I doubt many Forces will feel screwed.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syamemaru! View Post
    Its a shame we can't fully customize the pallette. I'm not talking about making a Hunter that can use every weapon C-S rank but swap out this for that.
    I would be happy with the current information except I've been playing PSU since the start with a character using both axes and grenades, which I notice isn't an option so far. I might have to suck it up and play Ranger, and make do with lower-grade swords.

At first I didn't know what to make of this info since I did not see any S, A or B rank equpiment ( back when this was originally posted ) but now that we have the B-Upgrade info I now have a few theory's as to how these classes will work in the actual game.