Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by YTownNateDogg View Post
    When this comes out, my Acrofighter will have a new line shield.
    Can't wait to see how this nullifies-damage-thingy turns out. Sounds kinda broken

you do realize that these are mythical gods and not copyright characters of FFXI dont you?
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Ruru View Post
    you do realize that these are mythical gods and not copyright characters of FFXI dont you?
    Yes, I'm well aware of that - a god for each cardinal direction and the element associated with it - very common in Chinese/Japanese/Korean folklore. I'm just merely pointing out that it's been done before... not just in video games, but anime as well. If you scroll down to the bottom of any of those pages I linked, there's even some background info on these guys.

I was also about to ask about how one would go about getting these swords, but then I found this article on PSUpedia about them. Having to collect all 4 swords and turn them in for the armor sounds like something decently challenging for once, but actually FIGHTING the four gods themselves just seems a lot more fun and rewarding to me... no offense. =x

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Having to collect all 4 swords and turn them in for the armor sounds like something decently challenging for once, but actually FIGHTING the four gods themselves just seems a lot more fun and rewarding to me... no offense. =x
    Why...so we can complain that they're easy reskins?

Quote Originally Posted by Artea View Post
    Why...so we can complain that they're easy reskins?
    Lol, knowing Sonic Team, I'd expect them to stoop that low... the dragon would be easy to do, but a tiger, a turtle, and a bird?? Not sure what models they'd use for that...

But really, I was referring back to FF11. =x I haven't gotten that far into the game yet, but I've heard that there are some parties/linkshells that can school the hell out of these guys much like the bosses here on PSU... @_@

I'm just a firm believer in that, when trying to earn some of the best items a game has to offer, you should have to bust your ass for them, in one way or another. Granted, I don't know how the trade-in items for the swords are obtained, but I'm pretty damn sure it would involve the same old method of spamming missions and zerging enemies until they drop... either that, or maybe they'd be distributed at the end of a mission like PA Fragments or something. Regardless, it just promotes more rushing through the missions as fast as possible, and I just hated that, personally... it just becomes more of a matter of keeping your patience and sanity rather than giving you and your party's best efforts towards a big challenge in which you barely escape alive, or utilize any actual skill. RPG's should give you the freedom to explore vast areas filled with secrets and hidden dangers, not throw extremely linear and predictable areas at you...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Lol, knowing Sonic Team, I'd expect them to stoop that low... the dragon would be easy to do, but a tiger, a turtle, and a bird?? Not sure what models they'd use for that...

But really, I was referring back to FF11. =x I haven't gotten that far into the game yet, but I've heard that there are some parties/linkshells that can school the hell out of these guys much like the bosses here on PSU... @_@

I'm just a firm believer in that, when trying to earn some of the best items a game has to offer, you should have to bust your ass for them, in one way or another. Granted, I don't know how the trade-in items for the swords are obtained, but I'm pretty damn sure it would involve the same old method of spamming missions and zerging enemies until they drop... either that, or maybe they'd be distributed at the end of a mission like PA Fragments or something. Regardless, it just promotes more rushing through the missions as fast as possible, and I just hated that, personally... it just becomes more of a matter of keeping your patience and sanity rather than giving you and your party's best efforts towards a big challenge in which you barely escape alive, or utilize any actual skill. RPG's should give you the freedom to explore vast areas filled with secrets and hidden dangers, not throw extremely linear and predictable areas at you...
    I was gonna hold my statement, but I might as well say it. It's Sonic Team Tetsaru. At this point we should all know that nothing completely drastic is going to happen with PSU at the moment. Not until we see what PSP2 has to offer anyway. Sure, it possibly does promote more zerging through missions to get these as you say, at this point I've already accepted that, like I did with other things they've done with this game.

Now since you speak of challenges, I do recall a download mission on the JP version of PSP. To get the best weapons in the game, you had to have in your inventory specific weapons. Skull Sorcerer, Lavis Cannon, the works. The best weapon fom each class on it's own. And you cannot pss through the area unless you actually HAVE them. In itself I do consider that a challenge. Could PSU do someting like that? Possibly. Now of course that only promotes the same thing. But then again, other RPGs do that as well. Perfect World if I recall has a system like that. You needed X amount from a certain enemy in order to get what you needed. Of course you did have to bust your ass on enemies to get that said amount, hard or not.

Now I can agree RPG's should be vast with secrets and danger over the hills and under the waters, but PSU didn't do that. Neither did PSO if I recall, successful as it was. Maybe not as linear as PSU, but SEGA made it work. It has its own form, just like this game. Now I could sit here and share pipe dreams of how SEGA can make PSU as grand as WoW or FFXI, but I know better at this point. The most that can be done now is hope that they take what they have now and make it work better than it did previously. Something I seem to see with PSP2. But only time can tell that story.

NOW, back on topic, I apologize if I derailed it, I'm quite interested n Shijin's ability. But I'd like to know a bit more about Ouryuu. Does it have a special bonus with Shijin or the other swords?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

It's Sega's game. They can do whatever they want with it.

When you make and direct your own game, then you can do whatever you want with it.

Borrowing from myths and such.... would that mean that some animes would be rendered completely terrible because someone else did them..? I mean, look at Disney's Sword in the Stone and Fate / Stay night... both have the legend of King Arthur in them

Heh, actually... that'd mean that anyone in this day and age are not allowed to use anything to do with Dragons, Tigers, Turtles and Birds.... oh you're so dead/in for a lawsuit Pokémon....

On-Topic: I do like those Longswords and in order to get a nice armour like that... seems like the kinds of things you have to do in offline RPGs. Final Fantasy VIII did a similar kind of thing with Triple Triad, Kingdom Hearts does it to a much lesser extent with synthesis and many of the Gust games (Mana Khemia, Ar Tonelico and Atelier Iris etc.) use the same principles.

Damn, thinking about it, Unlimited Saga does it too - and it's even MORE painful in there to exchange weapons, accessories and shields to get an extremely slim chance at getting what you want (unless you do the "Save -> Soft Reset -> Retry" method which is kinda cheap...).

Bah... if only more games had HP and LP... HP is so bland... (including Pokémon's Hidden Power and Hit Points)

Tested Shijin, set bonus with Ouriyuu is another 150 tp

So Ouriyuu vs Smart if you have the armor is 50% speed +250 tp + 10% pp save vs 33% speed and range decrease.

Of course you can use smart with Armas for 4 more stamina too...

Block animation. I never used yiel-senba so dunno if it's unique or not...
    Last edited by Ceresa; Oct 3, 2009 at 12:59 AM.

Interesting. I think I'll place this new unit into my wants list. It should bode well for teching purposes. That is... If we get to that point.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!