Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

O_O Sounds like it just closes the gap between the Ouriyuu and Smart a little more. Have you done any tests to see if there are any instances where this unit is any better than Smart?

I can one shot 175 Event Grinna with Ouriyuu but not smart!

That's it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Tested Shijin, set bonus with Ouriyuu is another 150 tp

So Ouriyuu vs Smart if you have the armor is 50% speed +250 tp + 10% pp save vs 33% speed and range decrease.

Of course you can use smart with Armas for 4 more stamina too...

Block animation. I never used yiel-senba so dunno if it's unique or not...
    The four guardians unite and form a Biohazardesque symbol!
    I don't need a signature pic, I would end up changing it all the time.

wow, the armor actually look very cool when it blocking.
    Still haven't got a chance to play this event yet.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Meh I'd rather keep the swords but also depends on the % they came out with... in that pic, is that a rappy mag
    Last edited by hunterseifer; Oct 3, 2009 at 07:21 AM.
    #1 Dont feed the pikachu's #2 Do a barrel roll! <(O_O;<) gib meh teh babeh!

Quote Originally Posted by hunterseifer View Post
    in that pic, is that a rappy mag
    Yes it is.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Lol, knowing Sonic Team, I'd expect them to stoop that low... the dragon would be easy to do, but a tiger, a turtle, and a bird?? Not sure what models they'd use for that...

But really, I was referring back to FF11. =x I haven't gotten that far into the game yet, but I've heard that there are some parties/linkshells that can school the hell out of these guys much like the bosses here on PSU... @_@

I'm just a firm believer in that, when trying to earn some of the best items a game has to offer, you should have to bust your ass for them, in one way or another. Granted, I don't know how the trade-in items for the swords are obtained, but I'm pretty damn sure it would involve the same old method of spamming missions and zerging enemies until they drop... either that, or maybe they'd be distributed at the end of a mission like PA Fragments or something. Regardless, it just promotes more rushing through the missions as fast as possible, and I just hated that, personally... it just becomes more of a matter of keeping your patience and sanity rather than giving you and your party's best efforts towards a big challenge in which you barely escape alive, or utilize any actual skill. RPG's should give you the freedom to explore vast areas filled with secrets and hidden dangers, not throw extremely linear and predictable areas at you...

it's funny that you mention ffxi because you obviously have no idea how that game works. and those gods arent much of gods once you get a linkshell that knows how to deal with them, they're just like any other NM in the game. and when you're in a group like that it all comes down to who has the most points and who gets to have what item.

take it from someone who played that game since beta. you do the exact same amount of spamming to get the things you want as you do on PSU. the only difference is on PSU you dont have all that competition between the people in your group trying to get that item since you can just solo everything you want in this game. in FFXI you're in a constant drama fest of people complaining about gear, and whining whenever someone else gets the gear they want. At least on PSU you dont have to be in a group of 15-60 people just to get the crap you want.

you really need to stop comparing PSU to every other RPG. this game is NOT every other RPG, this game is PSU. so the game doesnt fit your standards of RPGness, that's too bad... but seriously you really need to stop derailing EVERY topic with your nonsense. it's gotten to the point where all you are doing is trolling this forum and half this place is annoyed with you. sure we can choose to ignore your rants and hate posts but it's really just getting out of hand and i'm surprised the mods havent banned you from this place yet. and honestly, how can you even claim you play FFXI when you're ALWAYS on this forum. FFXI is like a job, if you dont devote all your time to that game you'll never get anywhere, and if you claim to be playing that game then you should probably be on there more than you are on these boards.

as far as these swords and the trade in thing goes. it seems like a really neat idea. and since most swords on PSU are fairly lame i think the armor trade in is well worth it. that armor looks really nice. the swords look nice too but i'm sure you would get alot more miles on the armor than those swords.

Edit: in response to your post below me tetsaru i'll just send you a PM.
    Last edited by Ruru; Oct 3, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Ruru View Post
    it's funny that you mention ffxi because you obviously have no idea how that game works. and those gods arent much of gods once you get a linkshell that knows how to deal with them, they're just like any other NM in the game. and when you're in a group like that it all comes down to who has the most points and who gets to have what item.

take it from someone who played that game since beta. you do the exact same amount of spamming to get the things you want as you do on PSU. the only difference is on PSU you dont have all that competition between the people in your group trying to get that item since you can just solo everything you want in this game. in FFXI you're in a constant drama fest of people complaining about gear, and whining whenever someone else gets the gear they want. At least on PSU you dont have to be in a group of 15-60 people just to get the crap you want.

you really need to stop comparing PSU to every other RPG. this game is NOT every other RPG, this game is PSU. so the game doesnt fit your standards of RPGness, that's too bad... but seriously you really need to stop derailing EVERY topic with your nonsense. it's gotten to the point where all you are doing is trolling this forum and half this place is annoyed with you. sure we can choose to ignore your rants and hate posts but it's really just getting out of hand and i'm surprised the mods havent banned you from this place yet. and honestly, how can you even claim you play FFXI when you're ALWAYS on this forum. FFXI is like a job, if you dont devote all your time to that game you'll never get anywhere, and if you claim to be playing that game then you should probably be on there more than you are on these boards.
    I was going to PM a response to you to avoid getting further off-topic, but for some reason it wouldn't let me, so I'll just say it in spoiler-box here...

Spoiler!

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Tet, would u rather everything go back to V1 drop rates??? Yeah it would keep things rare but people would still quit because the drops are too hard. Events wouldn't even matter with those drop rates. Hell, we'd probably still be using Aranks if we still had the V1 drop rates.

Before AoI was released, u know how many Rattlesnakes were on the server? Two

U could do a 1000 runs to get one item and it would still not drop(Seriously, Me and Akatora did over 1000 GoF runs to get Rikauteri and it never dropped)

I can see ur point about things getting whored out during events but if it was V1 drop rates, wouldn't u just get mad cuz such item is too hard to get? It use to bother me when things that were rare aren't rare anymore but now it doesn't. I just got over it.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Earning stuff in FFXI is the same as PSU...you run the same trivial thing over and over until you get it. HNM are only hard the first time, then it's farm status. For the first 3-4 years almost everything worthwhile could be bought with gil too. And the things you couldn't buy with gil...just offer the good Linkshells enough gil to get an invite to the raid and lot their scraps, since you don't even have to be in the killing party to loot something.

The upgrades sucked hard for years too. When I got koenig bp on my paladin after a month straight of killing fafnir/nidhogg daily versus AF1 that took an hour, there was no appreciable difference. Like 20-30 less damage on Byakko's hits, yay? Oh and we only got that one Koenig BP in 7 months of being the only NA in the HNM scene. One bp for our two paladins to share, except it wasn't tradeable. Our other paladin got our one set of boots. That's not fun, that's not earning. Stuff is earned on the first kill, everything after that is mindless repetition. There's a reason WoW gives tokens on every boss kill so people that don't get loot can save up and use those to buy good loot. Small surprise half our LS abandoned FFXI the day WoW was released.

Frankly every problem PSU has, FFXI had for years too, except FFXI is twice as old and has had more time to correct things.