Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default To those of us who are importing PS:P2

Phantasy Star Portable 2 is months away.
    And from all the information I read so far, I was so excited that I decided to pre-order the game.

However, I had the sudden urge to cancel my pre-order due to the recent update and other details:

> It was mentioned that you will need to register some kind of code from the disc case to be able to play online. However, I believe it was also mentioned that once you registered the key, you won't be able to reuse it. Doesn't this eliminate the ability to resell the game? That means you're going to have to decide whether to stick to the Japanese version or the possible US version if you don't want to spend money owning both.

> I'm wondering about the DLC. Will the game require us a Japanese PSN account to download DLC? Then if I don't have a Japanese PSN account (which requires a Japanese address etc.), I'll miss out on a chunk of content.

Overall, this is a concern about whether the game is import friendly.
    I can read and understand Japanese (half of it anyway), but when that is not enough to allow me access to everything the game has to offer, then I really have to think twice whether or not to go ahead with the pre-order.

Thoughts?
    Other concerns?
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

I will just wait til next August for US version for those reasons that you've just mentioned.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Its very easy to make a Japan PSN account using a fake address (to be honest unless somebody really likes to stick to the rules, I dont know why anyone wouldn't have PSN accounts from several different regions for all the freebies and different games), buying things may be a little trickier but you always have the ability to buy prepaid Japanese PSN cards from Ebay or elsewhere.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

I don't think it will eliminate the ability to resell teh game, youre just going to have to supply your login information for JP PSU/PSP2 to whoever you sell it too.

If its any thing like the Japanese PSU account set up, youll just have to sign up for an account on the Japanese PSU website, and register your code on the website, and then just put your login info in teh actual game, and log in.

That is of course, if they set the game up like JP PSU. They may or may not, I have no idea, but I'd imagine so

of course, this is just speculation. but I don't see why not

Kinda disappointing considering how import friendly Phantasy Star Zero was.

Oh well,

I guess I'll just play Macross Ultimate Frontier, Gundam vs. Gundam Next, and Ys Seven until this comes out in U.S.
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

I'm likely to get it anyway, though I'm curious about this network setup. You think they'd only do it for pay-services; but I guess they still want to regulate it like it's a massive online community instead of the *your data is your data* idea.

I hope I have an extra PSP when the game is released here, updating a CFW normally gives a new id to your PSP, so if I register the game and then I can't use the code I'm screwed, and I wont downgrade to an OFW.

I would assume (and certainly hope) the code is tied to your log in information and not the system itself

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    I will just wait til next August for US version for those reasons that you've just mentioned.
    Gee, do you think PSP2 will really only come to the West next August?!!

That is bad news.....still, as long as it does come to the West!!!!
    Lazygun (RAmar) DC, GC, & BB
    LaZYgN (RAmar) DS Zero
    F/C: 1333 2259 2039
    LazyGun PSP2

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised if it came out 9-2011