Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how do the friend codes work?

ok im not sure if anyone can answer this but i just had a thought does anyone know if the players who imported already will be able to play with those who wait till 11/10/09 for the n.a. release or if they will be on different servers if so wouldnt that make the official friend code list useless? if anyone knows please please answer this thanx again

no one knows for sure if japanese players can play with american players. people say you can but hasnt been proven since the game isnt out for people to try it.

friend code list wont be useless because there will be american friend code list different from japanese =p

Quote Originally Posted by xSHiNOx View Post
    no one knows for sure if japanese players can play with american players. people say you can but hasnt been proven since the game isnt out for people to try it.

friend code list wont be useless because there will be american friend code list different from japanese =p
    sweet thanx again for being so quick on the reply i didnt think i could get 100% sure answer but i hear there is someone who works at sega that posts here so i thought i would ask all the same thank you for letting me know that there will be an american fc list if they decided to do different servers this will be very helpful sorry again everyone for the brick of text

I'd be happy simply finding out what a friend-code is?

Quote Originally Posted by Aether View Post
    I'd be happy simply finding out what a friend-code is?
    Do you not own a DS? If so what are you doing on a board for a DS game?

Friend codes are like user names on Xbox Live. If you know another persons friend code it means that you can play online with them with no limits on communication. If you dont have a persons friend code then you can still play with random people, but you wont be able to use the picto-chat function, instead you can only use pre-made messages.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

Quote Originally Posted by Niered View Post
    Do you not own a DS? If so what are you doing on a board for a DS game?
    I don't have a PSP, but I'm on the board for Phantasy Star Portable/2. This is because I plan on buying a PSP in the future to play it. Aether may have similar plans to purchase a DS for PS0.

Thank you for the info, by the by; I own a DS, but I have never taken it online, so I'm not entirely familiar with its friend-code system either.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

I forgot to mention, friends codes are unique to each game (which is stupid, but oh well) so just because you have a persons FC for Animal Crossing, doesnt mean that you can play PSZ with them. Youll have to exchange friend codes for every game you want to play.

That's stupid.

Oh well, I'm probably bitching to the choir anyway.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

stupid yes but it works. nintendo is just trying to play it safe so that there wont be sexual predators trying to befriend little kids easily

Quote Originally Posted by xSHiNOx View Post
    stupid yes but it works. nintendo is just trying to play it safe so that there wont be sexual predators trying to befriend little kids easily
    Actually its so parents wont worry about that. The chances of a sexual predator buying a 150 dollar console plus the games just to harass kids seems abysmally low, since they can just go on a chat room and do the same for free.