Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ah hem, ignoring the poor word choice of my topic...

Has anyone else noticed that when a particular item is dropped either rare or common, that it tends to show up fairly common during the rest of whichever particular run you're on?

For example...If I find a Luck Material, more than half the time I find another one just a few minutes later.

The same goes for some of the common and even not so common rares.

Sometimes I'll get upwards of five of the same common rare from Bartles (I forget which one that is, Silence Claw or something...).

Anyway I thought it was rather odd that on my first Ultimate Ruins run I found not just one but _two_ Meteor Cudgels, which are pretty rare.

This has happened with countless rare items, materials and a few other things.

Unfortunately, there's no way to use this "information" for anything other than hoping that when something good drops that another one will drop in the near future.

If anyone has had similar experiences that could help prove this "theory" I'd be interested in hearing about it. It sounds silly now that I've typed it out, but this isn't something that has happened once or twice, it's happened throughout my over 1300 hours of playtime on three separate memory cards of characters, so it definately has nothing to do with section ID or class, which would be pretty dumb anyway.

Okay, take it away everyone! Thanks for reading my crackpot theory.

SR-16 Packing RAmar

The game prolly randomly selects list of rares you could obatin when you load up a map. I too have experienced this... When I find a certain mat I'll find like 4 more during the run; And I've found quite a few of the same rares during one run.

this adds fuel to the beat-time-theory-fire as well, i'd say...

Svm Inimicus Mali

Well, if it helps, my Redria HUcast found two D-Parts v2.1.0 or whatever the numeration is on the end in the same VH Ruins run. Surprised the heck out of me. O_o

Yeah I has 3 secret gears drop in two conjoining rooms on one run through mines v.hard and 2 of the same rares all the time such as Meteor Smashes most recently. Reminds me of original Diablo where the internal clock would determine your drops and I would always get the same rare items.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that it happens a _ton_ with HP Materials, at least for me. I don't think I've ever found just one HP Material, unless I had to quit before finishing a run...

J-Pop Afficionado

I've thought about this as well.
    While doing the Soul of a Blacksmith quest with my HUnewearl I found a Flowen's Sword AUW 3083 (I think that's the year) from a Gulgus-gue, and then another one in the next room. Similar things have happened on different characters.

its probly related to what section the game was made by. that wouldnt explain materials and stuff though

yea, materials are affected by id

This is actually valid theory. I rarely have runs where I only find a single red box. Usually, to use the cliche, when it rains, it pours. Multiple item findings and rare monsters in the same run isn't a coincidence.

Too bad we'll probably never be able to tie all this together and determine what triggers such a thing to happen.