Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Famitsu

After you sign into Infrastructure mode, you can select which universe you want to join. Even PSP2 before the demo is more active than PSU.

The Party list displays up to 20 at a time

You can even search for parties based on various conditions, or find parties from friends in your partner card, or find parties by typing the exact name in the party search field.

You can send the same message to up to 3 people. You can hold only 8 simple mails at a time. If your mailbox is full the server will store any extra messages you receive and send them to you. You can also send simple mail to friends offline.

This is auto word, it's a phrase that pops up during certain conditions. It's like making your character talk like an NPC during missions. You can set each of these up to say whatever you like. Some messages won't show all the time, like any messages pertaining to damage received will show up occasionally.

You can compare ranking with each of your friend's partner cards. It looks like that Rookie and E sword thingy. You can hold 100 partner cards at a time. You can set up each of your 8 character's partner card to say a customized message.

This item trader is located at the cafe, and here you trade items with other players. You can not trade items of A or S rank.

OMG EAR PIERCINGS

When you grind weapons with meseta, you pay the amount based on weapon grade and the amount of times it's grinded. Here you can grind it 10 times until it reaches FULL. ONce that happens you can use a Extend code item, this will allow the weapon to have a flashy effect

When you grind weapons with low grade, the minimum level you can equip the item will now be increased. Also a special effect is applied to the weapon as you can see in the screenshot. There will be a limited amount of extend codes though.

These are the new bosses, they can also attack in unison.
    Last edited by WBMike; Oct 29, 2009 at 05:14 PM.

They are SEED-Magashi's and Mother Brain's sons! Obviously!

No wait, they are part of the new Bionicle set!!

Quote Originally Posted by WBMike View Post

OMG EAR PIERCINGS

When you grind weapons with meseta, you pay the amount based on weapon grade and the amount of times it's grinded. Here you can grind it 10 times until it reaches FULL. ONce that happens you can use a Extend code item, this will allow the weapon to have a flashy effect

When you grind weapons with low grade, the minimum level you can equip the item will now be increased. Also a special effect is applied to the weapon as you can see in the screenshot. There will be a limited amount of extend codes though.
    This is likely why they said download items were limited to being about B in rank. I wonder how they will limit the extend codes though. If it's per character then shared storage will work around that. If it's per save file, then you've really got to think about what you're doing since it involves all possible characters you might create. We likely won't see any of this in the demo though.

I'm definetly going to take a saber and final grind it. I'll trot it out and call it my Red Saber.
    Last edited by Mike; Oct 29, 2009 at 07:19 PM.

Maybe the Extend Codes will just be rare (probably a flag of some kind, not an item) or hard to obtain or something.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WBMike View Post
    Seeing that picture makes me realise grinding would be pretty dull in PSP2, with character based PP now and grinding never raising accuracy, all it will do is add to the Attack or Tech stat, though I guess thats another reason they added this Final Grind stuff.
    - - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    Maybe the Extend Codes will just be rare (probably a flag of some kind, not an item) or hard to obtain or something.
    I would kind of expect them to be rare but how the rare and limited numbers work together still a secret.

Edit: The number of codes you get is based on character, so all you need to do is make a new character. That's too easy though.
    Last edited by Mike; Oct 29, 2009 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I would kind of expect them to be rare but how the rare and limited numbers work together still a secret.

Edit: The number of codes you get is based on character, so all you need to do is make a new character. That's too easy though.
    Especially with eight slots, making it much less of an imposition to leave one slot open for such abuse. Not that I'm above it.

Except now it occurs to me that you probably won't be granted all of those codes immediately upon creation, so you may have to create and then level up a new character. Meaning if you do this to get more codes you've pretty much earned it. Unless they actually do give you all of those codes upon creation.

I really don't like the idea of having a hard limit on that kind of resource, though. I could see making it expensive, rare, or otherwise difficult to get, but attempting to put an absolute cap on how many items you can raise in rank this way is a real bummer.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Maybe they'll add the photon drop shop into PSP2 like PSO and PSZ have, but ya know unlike in PSZ actually making photon drops rare like in PSO and drops at an obsurd amount would be required for additional limit release codes.