Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Photon Artist

Default Petition For PSU on PS3 ;D

I LOVE PSU to pieces, but ever since ive lost my xbox 360 (not as in lost my keys lost) ive missed it so much. I know theres the PC version but with my comp spec, thats just out of the question xD. I know it probably wont make a difference, but my god i wanna make a petition to port psu onto the ps3 dammit D: . Please support this notion, for the sake of the gurhal system and the love of the maiden ;D

PSU & AoI are playable on PS3 with some boost in loading speed.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

the new PS3's aren't backwards compatible.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Ahahahaha...online petitions.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I lol'd. This reminds me of PSO gen a while back. And yeah, about that mustang...don't you agree that that's just stupid? I mean one reason I got a 360 instead of a ps3 was because I could never find one that actually fit what I wanted. One was backwards compatible, one had this...the other didn't have that..etc etc. Sony, sony, sony, what are we gonna do with you?

Quote Originally Posted by SStrikerR View Post
    I lol'd. This reminds me of PSO gen a while back. And yeah, about that mustang...don't you agree that that's just stupid? I mean one reason I got a 360 instead of a ps3 was because I could never find one that actually fit what I wanted. One was backwards compatible, one had this...the other didn't have that..etc etc. Sony, sony, sony, what are we gonna do with you?
    You stole my thunder. What's the point of putting in on the PS3 when you can just get one of the backwards compatible PS3's and play it on that?

Your reasons for not getting a PS3 is the same as mine, and I'm also gonna add that the games I want to play for it are already on the Xbox 360.

And oh by the way, Sony will eventually let you play PS2 games on the PS3. It won't be long, and then you could play PSU AOTI on it.

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    the new PS3's aren't backwards compatible.
    Keyword is "new". Mine is the older version. It playes readily.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhylec View Post
    Keyword is "new". Mine is the older version. It playes readily.
    it's hard to find an older PS3 with backwards compatability outside of looking online for overpriced ones.

i really do hope they eventually make a new PS3 with backwards compatability.
    My life is much more groovy than love.
    My PC/PS2 characters R.I.P 8/27/07 - 3/31/10
    Runa Newman F : lvl 170 | Fortetecher: 20//Masterforce: 20
    Cocoruru CAST F : lvl 170 | Acrofighter: 20//Fighgunner: 20
    Asuka Beast F : lvl 170 | Fighmaster: 20
    Ruru CAST F: lvl 110 | Gunmaster: 20

Does online "petitions" even work...at all? lol

There has been things floating around on the possibility of a PS2 and Dreamcast playibilty discussions between Sega and Sony. Like offering the same way they do for the PSP and PSone games.

Taken from Destructoid.com

If this is true, then somebody has slipped up big time. A planning document has appeared on Sega's PR site that, for all intents and purposes, confirms the existence of PlayStation 2/PlayStation 3 backwards compatability. The document says, clear as day, that Sony has plans to sell PS2 games via the PSN. If Sony's planning that, the PS3's going to need some emulation capabilities for all units.

Here's what the document says:

PS2 emulator for PS3 (confidential)

* SCEA wants to sell all PS2 titles on PSN (GTA Vice City/Sonic/etc)
    * For co Marketing money show PS3 controller on TV ads – similar to EA Madden Spots, NCAA, etc…

This isn't all the document reveals, either. It contains a number of Sega inner workings, such as the revelation that the publisher feels "Mass Effect is more RPG" than Alpha Protocol, a Bayonetta action figure is being considered, and that Aliens vs. Predator could ship on a hybrid Blu-ray that contains the movies. There's also talk of Sony motion controller plans and PSN Dreamcast games! Hot stuff!

I have a feeling this doc is genuine, as I tried the download link and it certainly comes from Sega's own PR site. This means some huge things, and somebody's probably going to get into a lot of trouble.

Still, the document is full of all sorts of interesting and/or crazy items, so scour through it after the jump. You really want to check this out.

SCEA Meeting Aug 5th Notes
    Aug 6 2009 – DRAFT FOR COMMENTS

Objectives of Meeting
    Dyer agreed to regular quarterly meetings with SOA

Sony PS3
    SCEA reiterated plans to sell 13 million PS3s this year
    Big announcement back half of year they can’t talk about (potentially price cut of PS3 to reach hardware goals)
    SCEA commented on indexing between PS3 and 360 SKUs, should be around 2:1 to garner most favorable treatment.

Motion Controller
    Spring 2010 launch (March in JP)
    No bundle/pricing details yet, should come Sept 1
    Plan on selling 4-5MM units WW
    SCEA agreed to provide a list of Sega IP that would work well with the motion controller, Virtua Tennis was an example
    Motion Controller support allows easy way to differentiate PS3 SKU
    Other differentiation opportunities include PSP/PS3 interoperability – think of features that would make users want to buy both PS3 and PSP SKUs.

Alpha Protocol
    Michael Foster, product evaluator, said AP felt barely RPG. Initial level too challenging for players. “Mass Effect felt more RPG.”
    Review notes sent to John Merlino a few weeks prior. After meeting Gerald mentioned AP is a high priority for his team.

Planet 51
    Sell in of PS3 SKU – SCEA noted that other movie titles on PS3 had underperformed as well (inc. Transformers) this cycle.
    Dyer suggests contacting Susan at Walmart and asking what she wants in the pack to sell this SKU (movie tix etc)
    Other possibilities are Hybrid movie disc (BD 25 or 50 with Game and Movie on same disc).

Bayonetta
    Collectors edition with Bayonetta Action Figure
    Novo recommended launching PSN demo around Xmas based off a Jan 5th Ship date with 2-3 week run out to launch.
    3-4 weeks is usually ideal demo timing with fresh content every week leading up to launch (trailers, insider video about PG heritage, video blogs).

Vancouver 2010
    HOME, Olympic destination would garner a lot of positive attention from SCEA
    Should be doing same with Bayonetta, Marvel etc. Easy to launch in all territories.
    HOME merchandizing opportunities (clothes etc).

Sonic Racing
    Open to DLC to differentiate PS3 SKU – not ratchet and clank but other characters
    maybe characters from Rare or Fable universes

Yakuza
    Could put Japanese games directly on PSN for download in a special Japanese Import section (pricing $9.99 to $39.99 for full game).
    Might need to localize menus at least with subtitles.
    SCEA interested in helping on MKTG side if they can have period of exclusivity.

AVP
    Another great HOME candidate
    AVP avatars
    Hybrid BD disc with movie

Iron Man 2
    Great candidate for HOME space – explore Tony Stark’s lab etc.
    Should have one for Marvel in general.

PSU2
    Could do bundle at GameStop with PSP 30-35K units on UMD, Go, or both.

Valkyria 1937
    Could bundle with PSP as well.

Vanquish and Aliens: CM
    Opportunity for PS3/PSP interoperability (see Eidos Batman, Army of Two, Assassin’s Creed for good examples).
    If we offer that SCEA would be really interested in having us at their booth next E3.

Thor
    SCEA would like a look at the code soon.

Sonic Anniversary
    Could put out collectors edition with all old sonic games on one BD disc.
    “Best of Sonic” for around $99.
    SCEA would love PSN exclusive power ups/different game modes (like Castlevania’s flip it over/backwards)

PS2 emulator for PS3 (confidential)
    SCEA wants to sell all PS2 titles on PSN (GTA Vice City/Sonic/etc)
    For co Marketing money show PS3 controller on TV ads – similar to EA Madden Spots, NCAA, etc…

London Olympics
    Perfect opportunity for Motion Controller integration.

DC Digital Titles
    If we provide a list of DC titles SCEA will let us know which ones they’re interested in having exclusively.
    If we give them a long period of exclusivity they’ll give us more marketing support.

PSP Titles
    For SKU differentiation it’s best to offer features that are slightly different from PS3 version.
    Titles that are coming up on PSP are Assassin’s Creed II, GTA China Wars, Resident Evil, Little Big Planet – all massive franchises.
    SCEA has a specific PSP deck which they can send up with their hardware director for a chat.
    Hey that might mean playibilty of PSU AOTI on "Newer" PS3's.
    -Uni 11 Vet/Slacker"They told me I could do anything. So I f***ed a god!"

PSN-Nicalrant Xbox Live-Nicalrant Wii code- A jumble of numbers, Ask me