Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

But, they refuse to give their other IPs a chance like Chrono/Parasite Eve games. I'd most certainly rather have one of those than FF13!
    I'm pretty interested to try FF14, but man I loved Chrono Trigger! Haven't played Cross yet, but if they continued the series more, I'd be quite appeased. ;D
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    Yes, more Squeenix hate.

If it wasn't for FF, they'd be trash. But, they refuse to give their other IPs a chance like Chrono/Parasite Eve games. I'd most certainly rather have one of those than FF13! They should sell them to a different developer.
    I wouldn't say "hate" (but I don't exactly like the either), but more of "it's time to end the show people" - all fine thing must come to an end, you can't just keep making them up and expect them to be good. And yes, they did made some other games than FF, but as pointed out here, they're never given much chance. The Last Remnant was good, but it could've been better if it got more love from the developers. Which kinda gets back at them, seeing as a while back ago, their financial situation was quite shitty. I think one of board members went as far as to say that "developers need to get stop making games they want to play and start making games gamers would want to play.

As for most hyped... hmmm, I dunno. I'd say Star/Warcraft and all it's spinoffs. It's good, but really... that good?
    Yes.No

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    I'm pretty interested to try FF14, but man I loved Chrono Trigger! Haven't played Cross yet, but if they continued the series more, I'd be quite appeased. ;D
    Eh... Chrono Cross is fairly different from Chrono Trigger. It has a somewhat similar tone to it, but the gameplay and world are drastically different. You might like it! But it's not the kind of situation where Chrono Trigger fans will automatically fall in love with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsomWolf View Post
    I wouldn't say "hate" (but I don't exactly like the either), but more of "it's time to end the show people" - all fine thing must come to an end, you can't just keep making them up and expect them to be good. And yes, they did made some other games than FF, but as pointed out here, they're never given much chance. The Last Remnant was good, but it could've been better if it got more love from the developers. Which kinda gets back at them, seeing as a while back ago, their financial situation was quite shitty. I think one of board members went as far as to say that "developers need to get stop making games they want to play and start making games gamers would want to play.
    Well, Square is certainly very familiar with putting out some terrible games just to make fans happy - Dirge of Cerberus, anyone? - but you're really downplaying the importance of their other major titles such as Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Quest.

And even then - saying that they need to "stop" the Final Fantasy series doesn't make much sense - these aren't direct sequels, and for the most part, each game is significantly different from the other. The brand name gets tossed around a bit much; I can think of several independent series that live underneath the Final Fantasy brand (Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, etc), but I have a hard time complaining when each of those games are generally pretty darn good.

But really, it's surprising to me that in a post-Final Fantasy XII world, people are still claiming that Final Fantasy has run its course. I think the very fact that FFXII came out as good as it is shows that there's still an amazing amount of talent in the company and a lot further to go before the franchise peaks.

(Then again, FFXIII is basically just Final Fantasy VII-2: Electric Boogaloo, so we'll see if I don't seethe with internet rage after that comes out.)

FFXII actually made me excited for a FFXIII. I guess it's because I've seen the first major combat engine change, from the series (in a single player RPG), apparently since FFIV.

Russia's Greatest Love Machine Rasputin's Avatar

See that cow? Yeah, right there.

Awesome post. Just awesome. And yet, it so goes with that series, too. Another one that has been *ahem* milked.

LOL. Wow, it's really bad that I didn't get Ras's post until Akai said that.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Wow, that is one happy gigamoo. Hmmm... *finds his old Spore creature creator sig*

I think these two would get along just great. :3

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Yasminkov Fanboy Waki Miko Syamemaru!'s Avatar

Final Fantasy 7's Cloud and Sephiroth

Halo's Master Cheif

God of War's Kratos

Thats my 3. I would like to see more Marcus Fenix and his buddy "DOM!!!!!!!". Those two were great!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

See that cow? Yeah, right there.
    Ok, that was brilliant.