Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DreXxiN View Post
    I actually thought FF7 was the worst FF..Please don't kill me.
    Agreed. Graphics made me wanna puke, and gameplay was iffy at best.

BUT GUYS IT HAS 4 FUCKING DISCS, IT MUST BE GOOD.

I loved Phantasy Star IV more.

Supreme Pantless Commander SpikeOtacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    As I stated. Thank you for agreeing. As for the question "milked" vs "overrated", Halo is still being "milked". If Bungie just stuck to halo being a game series, it wouldn't be so bad. But, come on. Novels, comic books, Halloween costumes, it's own friggin cartoon (soon), and (last but not least) Halo Waypoint, the new Halo-themed segment in the Xbox 360 dashboard, just to try and shove Halo down people who may not like it's (like me) throat.
    You're forgetting the Halo board game. Anyone who thinks Halo isn't a milked franchise is heavily delusional.

She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter

FF7
    Halo
    Sports games (moreso the ones ending in a year)

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeOtacon View Post
    You're forgetting the Halo board game.

..Yup, it's now official. Thanks, Spike.

Guitar Hero / Rock Band (it is)
    Call of Duty
    God of War (in defense of halo)

I don't even play the game, and I'd hardly call God of War "Milked" (Barely has as much out-of-gaming crap as Halo does, from what I've seen.)
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joefro View Post
    Rock Band
    Even though GH and RB are basically the same game, Harmonix never really whored out Rock Band, they just release new songs.

The people for GH released shitloads of new games, for no apparent reason. And they looked ugly and lifeless. GH5's setlist is questionable, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Vordex View Post
    Even though GH and RB are basically the same game, Harmonix never really whored out Rock Band, they just release new songs.

The people for GH released shitloads of new games, for no apparent reason. And they looked ugly and lifeless. GH5's setlist is questionable, that's for sure.
    I'll have to agree with this. I liked GH BEFORE Activision took over. (80's was even questionable, but one and two were fantastic.) At least in Rock Band your DLC transfers over to other games, for god's sake!

I also agree - these music games are going overboard, lol... isn't there like, a DJ Hero out now or something??

I loved the Guitar Hero series when it first came out... and then Rock Band came along, lol. I loved Guitar Hero 1, 2, and 3, but 4, Rocks the 80's, and Aerosmith fell short for me, and I just lost interest, even though the create-a-character and song composer additions were cool. Aerosmith didn't even have some of their newer songs like "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" and "Jaded" that I really liked... I know the band's been around for a while, but a lot of the songs on that game, I just wasn't familiar with because I never grew up with them.

I don't own any of the Rock Band games yet, and I don't think I'm going to. From what I've played of them from my friends' copies and at parties, they're pretty much exactly the same as Guitar Hero. I just thought the whole premise was a huge money sink, seeing how I'd have to buy new guitar controllers (which work, for the most part, EXACTLY the same, though I could've sworn I recently saw someone using an old Guitar Hero controller for Rock Band, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mod out or something), other instruments, which probably wouldn't be played much in the first place, and wouldn't fit in my already cluttered room, and OHGAWD at the DLC songs. I was REALLY wondering how they could release so many games so quickly, yet have all these songs out too... it'd seem like you'd only get so much playtime out of them before the next game was released, but if they carry over to new installments of the game, then that's a godsend... but if Guitar Hero doesn't do that... o_o;;

I thought it was cool that these companies asked real bands like Aerosmith and Metallica to be part of specially-themed titles, but in the long run, I think it would've just been better to have a mix of different artists on the game and just have the band's songs available as DLC if you really wanted them that badly... I think they did that with the Metallica album, at least. Playing through Aerosmith's stuff OVER and OVER just got kinda old for me after a while.

Finally, I remember reading an interesting quote in Game Informer one time: the gaming companies approached Prince for permission to some of his songs, but he declined, saying something along the lines of, "I just think it's more important for people to learn to play a REAL guitar."

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I play a real guitar, AND guitar hero (from time to time), and I'm pretty good at both, but I'm extremely confused on how people on the internet , or just in general, get their minds blown by the fact that maybe, JUST MAYBE, you can be good at both. It's like telling someone who plays DDR to learn how to REAL dance, or telling someone who plays GTA to learn to steal a REAL CAR.

"Hey, Arnold, can you voice act in this Terminator game?"
    "I think it's important for people to learn how to be their own Terminator"
    Wut

And @ Tetsaru: Yeah, I don't know what you mean. I can use any of my guitars for Guitar Hero or Rock Band o_O (Except GH3 and Aerosmith..for whatever reason my RB guitar doesn't work for that.)