Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braver Question

Default Braver Question

Ok so from what i understand Braver is like acro where its specializes in onehand weps and atks faster

so here is my question, since PSP2 lets you change what type of weps ur class can equip would Braver atk faster with say an Axe or Sword? or is it only onehand weps?

currently have a hunter and force on demo but would consider replacing my hunter with braver if anyone can confirm speed for all weps not just onehand...

I haven't noticed any speed difference on braver class, they only have balanced PA levels, in case you would like to use a balanced weapon selection.

Braver doesn't seem to attack any faster than normal, at least not with single handed weapons.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

ok ^_^ well with that speed theory out the window i guess i'll stick to my hunter then

was only going to go braver if there was speed increase for weps, would make whip / axe as major weps alot faster but since thats not the case i'll use hunter for more powerful whip/axe atks

Yea, i agree breaver should have something else unique about that class other then jack of all traits. Probably more custom points? =/

I like the idea of the braver, an hybrid class with a customizable palette, what restricts most classes in PSU is the weapon selection, now I can have all my favourite weapons in the same class, and use them all efficiently and using S-ranks. If I feel like using mostly one type of attack then I will switch to a pure class.

It's funny. To better support my Phantasy Star Reminds me of .Hack, The Braver Class sounds like Haseo's Adept Rouge Class.

The Braver Class seems interesting, but I haven't seen any reason to use the class, I'm happy with my characters majoring in one class. but from what I've read, they just seem to be evenly suited for all of the other weapon class. They aren't acro.
    "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." ~Assassins

So how good are Bravers at melee compared to Hunters, ranged compared to Rangers, and teching compared to Forces? Are they more comparable to current Wartechers (oh please no), or are they really competent in all three categories?

I know it's going to be a little hard to evaluate this early in the game, without access to information on just how much they lose by not getting the last ten levels of any PA category, and without knowledge of any game-changing special abilities they might get in the full release (ideas that come to mind include the speed boost this thread originally asked about, PA cap boosts, etc.).
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

I don't think we can see much difference on the demo, the main propriety of the class type is the PA restrictions, and I don't think there are PAs of high level enough to say the extra 10 PA levels are worth or not (10 less of any specialization, 10 more on non specializations, 30-10-10 vs 20-20-20). Compared to all hybrid PSU classes they are quite "powered", with no weapon restrictions... I think you can make a worth hybrid class in this game with braver.

Actually, the non-specialty PAs of the focused classes go up to 15, not 10. Hunters get level 30 skills, level 15 bullets, and level 15 techs; Rangers get level 30 bullets, level 15 skills, and level 15 techs; and Forces get level 30 techs, level 15 skills, and level 15 bullets. I'm still hoping that you can branch out the focused classes with attribute boosts outside their specialization and boosting a non-specialized PA cap to 20, and that you can juice up Bravers by buying PA cap boosts, but I dunno.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.