Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mag evolved with different photon blast from guide on here

Hi Everyone,

Just found sometime to write about this at work. Basically about 5 days ago I found two rare (red box) mags at the beiginning of the ruins. One had 34 attack on it and the other 24. I powered up the 34 one to 59 atp and 1 mst and it evolved into Chato. The weird things is I did not get the photo blast Flozir. I got Midgul instead. Does anyone now if the guide on here is incorrect?

On side note ran into blue rappies, pink rappies and white (I think) rappies and can never hit them when they get back up too run. Is that still possible like in the old days on dc and gc. Thanks everyone.

Mike

You can still hit them, but they don't drop anything. When you hit them (I have no set way for this yet) you just get their exp again.
    [Previously known as Kevino]

Get your self together, let the light pour in.

You can be like my big brother and order me around and I can disappoint you all the time :3

Wasn't sure if was possible since I always lock on then before I can hit with any type weapon those little buggers are off lol. Thanks for the answer other questions appreciate it.

Mike

I've read several reports about Japanese users raising Red-Eared Chatos and receiving the Flozir Photon Blast. Perhaps things are different for ones found in the field?

That could be a possiblitly. Didn't really think the mags that were drops would give me a different photon blast. You just can't beat flozir when combine with 4 people. Really is a overpowering blast but very useful to all types when compare to the other blast.

After I raised I thought I did something wrong and was cursing at loud lol. Thats for your help as well. This good info for everyone to know since it's not listed on the mag guide.

Mike

Flozir blast did rock. I currently don't have that blast now, but I think with a little tweaking, I can get it back. It's the all 4 powerup version of it, that rocks. It's poweful, but I wouldn't say too overpowered. I think it's because the duration of it isn't too long. It gives you a major advantage, until time runs out.

Of course, if it does become a win combo, that's usually because everybody is raised powerful enough to make it a win combo.

mmm...that would explain why my hagal got the pacifal photon blast instead of migul (on my jap ver)
    my character on psp2i:
    ダニエル human male
    R. フィニガン beast male
    シュタウフェンベルク cast female
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic61202_6.gif

Now my next question would be is this just for mag drops or is it for all mags raised that they are getting different specs? Could be the mags were changed for the us release like the slot machine weapons were changed.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BigR428 View Post
    Now my next question would be is this just for mag drops or is it for all mags raised that they are getting different specs? Could be the mags were changed for the us release like the slot machine weapons were changed.

Mike
    For the Mags that I've seen be raised naturally on the English version, they've had the correct Photon Blasts.

I've gotten two mags from drops so far. One was a Ingh with 23 mind and the Granir photon blast. I didn't think much of this one, since Flozir is a much better FO PB (although I suppose I could raise this for a tech hunter). The other was a Yul with 15 power and the Flozir photon blast. I figured I could raise this one for my low level hunter. When it evolved at level thirty into Thoth, though, instead of getting Granir, it stayed with Flozir. I thought it was a bug or something, but when it evolved again into Wyn, the Flozir stayed. I tested it with the Ingh, too. After evolving, into a Niid, it kept the Granir PB instead of getting Flozir.

tl;dr, it seems that mags you pick up off the ground may have photon blasts they aren't supposed to under normal circumstances, and they never lose those PBs. Your mag must have had Midgul to begin with. I, personally, love having a hunter with Flozir.

On the topic of Rappies, I'm not sure if hitting them after they get up gives extra items, but it does give extra experience. If you manage to hit them once, they may give 222 experience on hard, or something. If you hit them twice, however, you get 444 experience in addition to everything else you got. I don't know how I managed to hit one twice since they move so fast, but I can only imagine the rewards Megid must reap