Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giving up

Hiya all,

Hrith - sorry no rares I just bought a 360 2 weeks ago for PSU and it doesn't work but I hadn't found anything much with my level 7 character

Squirrel 3D - I'd gladly have played the 1000 hours I have on PC on 360 if it actually was playable.

Hypershot - People suggested NAT settings couldn't find it on xbox live where it was supposed to be. IP address has been automatically assigned for me I'm not sure what i'd change it to if I were to try?

Gibdozer - No it literally won't work 4-35 second lag so I hit something and have to wait that long before I see damage display so it's kinda unacceptable not picky.

All in all the 360 was a huge waste of money, sure I could've got demo first but on a supposed "next gen" console I'd never have even thought for one monet PSU, an ancient game in comparison to most would lag.

Anyways I've still kept trying every day to play and still its not getting any better so i'm going to cancel my sub

Tifa

Quote Originally Posted by AOI_Tifa_Lockhart View Post
    Hypershot - People suggested NAT settings couldn't find it on xbox live where it was supposed to be. IP address has been automatically assigned for me I'm not sure what i'd change it to if I were to try?
    You need to put an IP manually, and open the ports of your router for that IP, it's obvious a problem of your connection configuration, I've had bad connection to PSU some times, but 4-30 seconds of lag is a major problem I only had once one day during an event (can't remember which one)

I wouldn't blame the 360 for the lag problem, lag has more to do with a connection then the console itself (unless your system is kinda freezing up or somethin). Anyway, I am not honestly sure what the problem is though
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Original De Ragan Slayer

It not xbox live or psu causing your problems. 7 meg is enough, i played psu and other games on 2.5 meg when with BT. Its almost guaranteed a router problem, some routers are the scourge of online gaming. If you dont dont have a custom router config sometimes just restarting your router solves it. If not restoring your router to factory defaults helps as long as you havent a custom setup. Have you tried a network test from the xbox dash? that will help pinpoint a lot of problems. TBC

if a network test says your NAT is strict of moderate then just google: how to open nat for xbox live on ( insert router make & model here). it will bring loads of step by step guides. Read them through a few times and if your comfortable do it. If you need help send a friend request to my gamertag: jumbojim2010 and il try help you through it. Dont give up just yet, it wont be too difficult to fix. It more likely is a NAT or port problem which would explain why you cant even find a game on Tekken.
    Last edited by Dhylec; Dec 7, 2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: merge
    THE De Ragan Slayer

I personally think it is a SEGAC server issue... Seems like the lag is unbearable everytime I've played lately, albeit not often. I never used to have issues.. Only of late.

Sad story... the game was dying on its own accord... Now it seems someone has a pillow over its face!
    NiceOnes

the lag is not always bad there are just times and missions where the lag spikes and you are forced to:
    A) wait it out and play through it
    or
    B) reset your internet stuff
    or
    C) give up, shut off your xbox, and say, "I hate this game because of the lag", go watch tv, and then an hour later you end up playing again...
    It has to be true. . . I hope.

sounds like a nat issue, I would look into that before giving up.

This definitely does not sound like a problem with the Xbox 360 hardware or the PSU servers. As many others have said, there is likely something wrong with the connection configuration (especially if you're having this problem in multiple games).

I don't know what kind of router you have, but there is typically an option to set one of your local IP addresses as the DMZ host. If you set your Xbox 360 to use a specific IP address, you can make it the DMZ host. This will put your Xbox 360 outside of your router's firewall, allowing it to connect without problems to most online services (hopefully).