Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fortegunner PA's

Hi all,

I recently turned my main char Eden from fortefighter which he's been since about level 30 to Fortegunner as I was finding playing melee a bit stale. Can people suggest good PA's to get? By that I mean one's where you convert frags to a PA.

I'm currently using Mayalee Prism which I find very sueful but horrid to level. Are the two grenade launcher PA's very useful? Boma Duranga sounds very good but is the difference in damage with the HP deduction very noticable? The other PA with guaranteed freeze chance sounds mighty useful too

Just wondering of othe rplayers experiences with bullet PA's etc? mayalee Fury for machinegun looks good but I wonder with the lack of high ATA if its a useful and practical PA?

Tifa

Killer Shot, while difficult to level and really expensive (PP wise), is totally worth it once you get it up to decent levels and the accuracy improves. Especially if you're up against medium sized robots.

Twin Penetration is also way undervalued IMHO.

I don't particularly like PAs that send enemies flying, since I typically solo and it just means I have to run around chasing them.
    =Smidge=

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply I recall people saying killer shot is good for robots. Is it effective against lots of other enemies too or is it a bit hit and miss? Excuse the pun :P

Ahh yes twin penetration possibly the worst named PA ever lol but i'm trying to avoid using twin guns on FG at the moment, simply because i used 3 sets in my pallete as a GM. But in time i'm sure i'll use more, plus I grinded an 8/10 Arb Boa yesterday with +9's so reluctant to grind it anymore lol.

I'll have to look into Killer shot though, 99 frags isn't it?

Tifa

KS is 90 frags. It's murder to level because it goes through PP so quickly (32 to 57 per shot depending on level and character class), but worth it. I've taken to carrying 18 rifles and just swapping them out when they're all empty. I still use a few charges even with all that plus Cati / Bullet Save and Hize / PP Generate. The 56% accuracy handicap also makes it difficult at the start. If you stick with it until you get to level 21 you'll be glad you did.

Anyway, the short of it: The lower the STA the better it works.

KS takes care of medium sized robots very well. It works on non-robots too, but not as reliably. For example, small enemies like Go Bajilla and Polty drop pretty quick, medium sized enemies like Vahra and Olgohmon less so because they have higher STA (but still faster than normal, on average).

It does not have a substantial effect on ANY large enemy (Bil De Vear, Grinna Bete) or boss.
    =Smidge=

For Fortegunner, the following PAs you might find useful:

Shotgun (elemental)
    Lasers (elemental)
    Spear set (Dus Majarra)
    Dagger set (Hikai Shuha-Zan)
    Crossbow (elemental and/or Yak Zagenga)
    Machinegun (elemental)
    Rifle (elemental, probably just a few and Killer Shot)
    Grenades (several elements or Boma Duranga; I prefer elemental and not spamming a trimate every 'nade shot >_>)

Dus Daggas is also worth it.

Machineguns and crossbows overlap, it's better to choose, but neither is going to match the damage of shotguns or lasers, so...

Gravity Strike is the most powerful attack Fortegunner can use in some situations, namely Dimmagolus and Onmagoug. Even if you only use it against those two, it's worth it.

Been a LOOOOOOOOONG time since I even TOUCHED Gravity Strike outside of leveling it in Rescuing Hyuga... Is it really that much better/faster than Shunbu, Hikai and Buten for those two bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Dus Daggas is also worth it.

Machineguns and crossbows overlap, it's better to choose, but neither is going to match the damage of shotguns or lasers, so...

Gravity Strike is the most powerful attack Fortegunner can use in some situations, namely Dimmagolus and Onmagoug. Even if you only use it against those two, it's worth it.
    Dus Majarra can be used more efficiently for Adahna than Daggas can. You just need to aim so that you don't get unstuck. It's not very hard once you practice.

I'd still rather use Daggas >_>

Quote Originally Posted by biggabertha View Post
    Been a LOOOOOOOOONG time since I even TOUCHED Gravity Strike outside of leveling it in Rescuing Hyuga... Is it really that much better/faster than Shunbu, Hikai and Buten for those two bosses?
    Buten? anyone still uses that? >_>

And yeah, it is, the second part of Gravity Strike hits a lot, and since it's a fast PA -> high DPS.

Ahhh... Buten's alright - I like the spins on it and how easy it is to move with it whilst dealing some damage. It's an easy PA to use on the PS2 (but you'd have to be some kind of ballerina to use it...)

Hmmm... guess I'll have to give it a go sometime... Rising Strike always seems to be the easiest one to just "default" to when I think of melee on a Fortegunner.