Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-N00B-ified

Default Re-N00B-ified

Hi guys!

Tried to ask this question in my previous thread but i think people maybe didn't see it.

As the title implies, I am an old n00b to the game. Meaning that I have played the game before but is now totally lost in all the new stuff that has been added.

SO I am asking for some help, no I don't wanna beg weps from you and ask you for meseta, that ain't my style.

What I want is some pointers as to how the hell to keep track of which weapons to look for, how to know if the prices are "fair" in the player shops and of course, the best way to gather meseta in the game (as I understand it, this game is very much about buying the gear instead of finding it, correct?).

Really just how to play the game nowadays.

So whaddya say, will you help this ren00bified PSU-gamer back on his feet?

EDIT: I'm on X360

Thank you!
    Last edited by Feggge; Dec 15, 2009 at 04:23 PM.

What Server are you on? PC/PS2 or 360 ?

I'm pretty sure there may be differences in prices and stuff considering 360 probably still has 3x or so more players ( I think anyway ).
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Sorry, missed that part. I'm playing on the Xbox.

I thought maybe there was some list or something with recommended pricings for the gear or so. But i dunno, that's why I'm asking

If your class can allow it, go for the S rank of the weapon(s) you like to use. Use the item database on this site to find the names of the weapons that you like the looks of and jot down their drop locations. Then try that mission or area out yourself - if the mission is difficult and has you sweating to get by, chances are, the item/weapon that is there, will be fairly expensive.

Generally speaking though, the most popular and easiest weapons to use are Mugunruks (dropped from Lv. 100+ Kog Nadds), Gekitsnata (dropped from... uh... I don't actually remember...) Ank Zagza (from a boss), Grand Cross (Also from a boss), Rattlesnake (from a boss), Shigga Baret/Pakuda (from a boss/area drop/special monster) and Psycho Wand (from an area).

Innocent Girl is a good mission to get some great meseta - you can get some special badges in it too so you can get a very special TCSM that's very popular and powerful in the game.

You'll probably be looking to pay around 200,000 to 2 million for most pieces of equipment nowadays depending on grinds, element, rarity and it's usefulness.

If you want to build up money fast, just play the game, pick up everything then decide which ones are worth picking up to sell to the NPC. You'll be picking up 1000+ meseta from each drop in the later S and S2 missions so you won't be running out of money anytime soon.

Good luck!

Glad to hear ya on the 360. Send a friend request to the Gamertag: D4rk CapTaiN. When I'm not working (tomorrow), I will get on and give ya 10 mil so you can pick up some starting stuff for ya characters I realize you said you weren't asking for stuff, which is why I think you deserve it. Plus, I'm basically done with this game. So I'll see ya soon hopefully.

Biggabertha: Thanks, that was some very useful info. So the prices really are that high? I kinda thought I stumbled upon the greedy peoples shops . I'm only on lvl 36 so S-rank will probably wait a while .

Delete: I will add you thank you very much, Although I do think that that is a LOT of money. It'll just be nice to have someone showing me the way a little ^_^.

No prob man.

Even at Lv. 36 - I suspect you will learn the ropes very quickly.

You'd be surprised at how quickly you can equip S ranks now in the game, they all have fairly low requirements (after Lv. 40or so anyway...).

My price estimates are based on the local PC/PS2 servers, I rarely see many weapons below the 200,000 mark that are high end equipment... but sometimes you can be surprised at some bargains. Seeing as you're on the 360, chances are, the prices will be somewhat cheaper with a larger population of players.

Nice, cheap weapons to look out for are:
    • Huge Cutter
    • Gudda Hon (if you're a beast)
    • Mugunruk
    • Sweet Death/Double Agito
    • Ank Zagza
    • Grand Cross
    • Togeha-zashi (these will probably be under 10% though) or Lumiess Blau/9* Yohmei Twin Daggers (can only remember Nokoku-zashi for some reason...)
    • Yamata-misaki or Arza Garbot/Ran-misaki
    • Blackheart
    • Deva-zashi (maybe...) otherwise
    • Zaks Gabot/Giza-misaki (I think.. can't remember the 9* Yohmei single claw's name..)
    • Vish Adan/Vish Feara
    • Shura-hiken/11* Yohmei Slicer (again, I don't remember... Sanzo-hiken..?)
    • Rattlesnake/Blackbull (so ironic this one... so ironic...)
    • Shigga Desta/Shigga Baret/Shigga Pakuda
    • Rikauteri/Hirokteri
    • Gur Bazga
    • Meteor Cannon
    • Hyper Viper/Twin Tornado (a Sonic reference..?)/Battlestopper(s?)
    • Viper/Varista/Ruby Bullet
    • Cubo Tuma
    • Muzzlefever/Bulletdance
    • Shi-kikami/Hoshi-kikami/12* Yohmei Throwing Blades (Despite seeing lots drop in one of the events, I really can't remember the name...)
    • Halarod (if you're a Newman)/Kazarod/Okarod (maybe...)
    • 10* Yohmei Wand/Tesbra
    • Shato/Dori/Coni - possibly the 12* TCSM...

Then when you get enough money or get lucky, you can get the rarer and more expensive items. A rank weapons are quite powerful and not all of them look too bad either. Most are easily bought from the NPCs as well so if you prefer them, you're sorted.

biggabertha: Allright, thanks for the tips. So far I've been able to buy two A-rank weapons. So I'm on my way there. Are there alot of the weapons that you find through loot or do you have to build most of them? That was my first impression of the game that almost everything had to be created.

Quote Originally Posted by Feggge View Post
    biggabertha: Allright, thanks for the tips. So far I've been able to buy two A-rank weapons. So I'm on my way there. Are there alot of the weapons that you find through loot or do you have to build most of them? That was my first impression of the game that almost everything had to be created.
    Some weapons can be found and you can buy some from NPC shops as you know already. But those two aren't gonna get you the best stuff. Doing missions will get you boards of weapons which you make with your PM and hope for a 42% and up. You can also just buy a bunch of decent weapons since your on 360 server. With 10mil, you can get an above average palette for one of your characters.