I'm trying to find a Cure Frozen under Redria, VHard from a Pan Arms part in the Spaceship. I had the idea of letting it split, killing the part I want, then TPing away and returning. It always comes back a full Pan Arm. Great so far...

Here's the problem...the new ones drop nothing. No items at all. Am I just the unlucky viewer of the incredibly low drop rate of Ep. 2 enemies, or does my "method" just yield empty enemies?

I had a similar problem splitting and piping for Slimes, too...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-02-25 22:36 ]</font>

I've tried this as well.

I created a Viridia RAmar, and I want to find a Berdysh for my Hucast.

I rushed through the game, and made it to ultimate by level 46.

One thing I noticed while playing offline ultimate with such a low level character is that I haven't yet found a red box. None at all, no photon drops, no crappy 9* rares, nothing.
    This was not the case when I took my time and leveled up a lot before going to the next difficulty with my previous characters.

I just wanted to point that out, because it seems level may indeed play a factor in finding certain items. I know this isn't what your topic was directly on, but anyways...

Last weekend, I spent 2 hours piping at the 1st Pan Arms in Ult Viridia Spaceship. I let them split, and then I always killed Migium (for a Berdysh). After 40 dead Migiums, I had absolutely nothing to show for it. Not even a monomate.

The 41st time I killed a Hidoom, and it dropped a difluid. This made me happy, because I knew they could actually drop something via this method.
    I then spent the rest of those 2 hours killing Migiums again. And again, nothing.

I can't come to a positive conclusion, either way, if this method can work, but I don't see why not.
    For now, I'm just telling myself that my character is on too low of a level.
    I'll try this again when my RAmar is around level 100.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but hopefully you won't get discouraged by your results.

I think the problem is that once an enemy is killed, even if it "comes back" the game still considers it dead and therefore its drop, which has already been determined, is done with.

I think piping for slimes and splitting them works but only if you don't kill any of them.

I'm going to test this eventually, on the slimes.

The slimes are kind of like the Pan Arms in that case. It's common knowledge that rare enemies are supposed to always drop an item, whether it's a good item or not. I've had three Pouilly Slimes literally drop nothing (all offline). The reason I think this happened is because the original slime was killed. It seems, from as best I can tell, that even if the original slime is killed, as long as there are still duplicates of that original slime it will still respawn when you return. However, it will no longer drop any items, nor will its duplicates, because as you mentioned "the game still considers it dead." Indeed this subject needs a bit more study for true varification.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

heh looks like i wasnt the only one that thought of this trick. i was trying it too on pan arms half, hidoom in purplenum trying to get a yasminkov 2000h. nothing. didnt work. i would give anything to get my hands on a yasminkov weapon. damnit.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

GandorDurin is right once a monster dead its replacement clone u may say aint eva gonna drop anything u been wasting your time. Same for slimes and mothmants and those Cabine rings kill em once for stuff do it again gets nothing