Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fonewm vs. Fonewearl

Hey everyone! Im having a slight dilemma. I just bought PSzero and am trying to decide which FO I want to make. I love big numbers and so my immediate choice was Fonewm. However, upon doing some reading, it seems that the 30% resta reduction really sucks. I was going through the technique info listed here on pso-world.com and was wondering. Is the 30% multiplicative or additive? Does that mean Fonewm's heal 15% of their hp? And do the % inc/dec to spells include their ra- gi- and al- forms as well?

I also remember someone saying that there are limited slots for spells in this game. Can anyone clarify? Would really suck to have that 15% bonus to all spells and only have access to a few at any given time.

Half the battle is knowing what area you're going to and what weakenesses to what element the monsters have there.

30% is additive if I'm thinking right (If you normally heal 100- you heal 70 as a FOnewm rather than 30.)

It includes the Charge versions of the spells as well.

You only have 6 buttons you can use at a time. If you are good 5 of those are spells. Not that bad, considering you won't be needing all of your spells at one time, and that you can always change them between rooms or before bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    More robots in Pokeyman.
    Robots that can only say their own names? Not bad huh?
    (might be selling the intelligence robots short though, even "HALT I AM REPTAR & THORG WANT EAT")

Cool so the 15% damage increase would definitely come in handy. So how bad exactly is the resta reduction for fonewms? I do plan to play with a friend or two and healing all of us would be great. Is the Fonewms resta reliable?

EDIT: Im looking at the technique chart here http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...d=2607#healing . Each increase in the technique is only 1%. So 30% would be a huge right?

How do people feel about having a FO around to heal them? Or are mates so easily accessible it doesn't even phase them to have a FO around healing and would rather them nuke?
    Last edited by Ysi; Dec 22, 2009 at 07:19 PM.

My FOnewm is still a low level, but he can resta for almost all of his HP, whereas when I had a FOney, I think she could heal for more than her maximum.

As I don't play much online so I can't really say but-

Any force I see in multiplayer better damn well be nuking. Their damage output is better than mine (ATP HUnewm) by a longshot. I can handle my own healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by HAYABUSA-FMW- View Post
    More robots in Pokeyman.
    Robots that can only say their own names? Not bad huh?
    (might be selling the intelligence robots short though, even "HALT I AM REPTAR & THORG WANT EAT")

I like FOnewm...was so close to making one. Ultimately you rely heavily on all elements equally in SH, and FOnewm basically out damages FOnewearl in that regard. The -resta vs +resta is silly... -resta works fine and +resta is useful until higher levels where it becomes excessive.

But if you REALLY....REALLY love megid....FOnewearl is the way to go boo.

...Well Fonewearl wins. Obviously.

Once again, if it was obvious the question would not have been asked. I'm not sure you understand the word...

5414 0106 1003
    Lv93 HUcast - Thanatos | Lv55 RAmar - Roland | Lv29 FOnewearl - Amberle

Quote Originally Posted by THOTH View Post
    I like FOnewm...was so close to making one. Ultimately you rely heavily on all elements equally in SH, and FOnewm basically out damages FOnewearl in that regard. The -resta vs +resta is silly... -resta works fine and +resta is useful until higher levels where it becomes excessive.

But if you REALLY....REALLY love megid....FOnewearl is the way to go boo.
    Ah, I decided to try them both out until a few of my friends start playing. The mobs so far seem to be taking relatively the same amount of damage from all techniques which made me wonder if going with a 25% boost to megid would have been better. Thanks for clarifying the SH technique resistance thing. And yeah, the -resta thing really sucks right now whereas it takes 2-3 heals to recover my hp if it drops into the red range on my Fonewm whereas on my Fonewearl it heals for way more than necessary. But I notice MST really really affects resta healing amount.

I guess it really comes down to whether I want to look cool or cute.

EDIT: I just ran into rappies on my fonewearl and couldnt attack them fast enough :[. Do they drop items upon getting up or do they go into that chest?