Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hard Mode

This is true, thankfully she/he is special.

lol :s

I am a HUmar to know what you are take the quiz here.

How many times someone almost spilled something on my DS on 12/25/09: 14

Quote Originally Posted by garen View Post
    I'm a level 31 HUmar, and this is my gear, DrawAventole +20, Scale armor+40 with Hero hp, Ace power, and 2 Element boosts, and I have a level 68 Wyn.
    Will hard mode be really hard for me?
    All right, let's see here.

One, that armour should be fine until you find a four-slot Cuirass Armour to grind up. I'm not a big fan of your units, but they probably won't be fatal as long as you upgrade them soon--and for the love of all that does radiant damage don't use two Element Boosts; only use one. Your Avenlote should be fine for now, but keep an eye out for better weapons dropping on Hard.

A few tips that may keep you alive now that the training wheels are coming off:

Since you're afraid to dip your toes into Hard, try Rioh first. It's one of the three Newbie Zones, and it has a wave boss instead of a real boss. After that, try Makara, which is a step up but also lacks a real boss.

Get your Shifta and Deband to LV6 asap, as that's the point where the actual boost strength increases. Once you have them to LV6, you can afford to be more casual about it and just upgrade them as higher-level disks come. If they aren't to at least LV6 yet, try the Arca Plant and Dark Shrine on Normal; technique disks can drop at up to LV8 on Normal.

Cuirass Armours can drop pretty much anywhere on Hard. As soon as you find a four-slot one, pump it full of Digrinders and start using it. An alternative to this is that if you find a pizza parlour (a rare block in the Arca Plant and Dark Shrine), buy a four-slot Pizza Box (if the one for sale doesn't have four slots, step outside and try again in 10-15 minutes until it does!) and pump 99 digrinders into it--a fully ground Pizza Box will last you well into Super Hard, and has higher DFP and EVP than even a fully ground 6* Arquebus Armour.

To get better stat-boosting units, hunt Frunakeds in Paru for ATP units, Vespaos in Ozette for DFP units, and Tormatibles in Gurhacia for EVP units (most would say you should just go for the ATP units). They drop Hero (+15) units on Normal, Master (+20) units on Hard, and Divine (+25) units on Super Hard. Cowboy Billy also carries Hero units eventually.

Another unit you may wish to look for is a PP Recovery, which will go a long way towards powering your PAs and support techs and save you a lot of fluids in the long run. If you want one, you get to hunt the first half of the Dark Shrine (the Lightless Path and the Grey Crossroads), where the light creatures appear. The Phobos drops Lv 1 PP Recovery units on Normal, Lv 2 and Lv 3 on Hard, and Lv 3 and Lv 4 on Super Hard. The Phobos Dyna, its rare variant, drops Lv 3 PP Recovery units on Normal, Lv 4 on Hard, and Lv 5 on Super Hard. The dark versions that appear along the Darkless Path, the Zaphobos and Zaphobos Dyna, do not drop PP Recovery units.

Reyburn directly counters Hunters, as you may have learned in your very first mission. Do not try to fight it without a handgun or mechgun--the best you can find (and don't forget to grind it up). A fully ground Grow Shower (that's 90 monogrinders), of all things, with a very high (over 50%) Native attribute may do the trick for you. Alternatives to guns would be a good sword with Over End and a very high Native attribute, or possibly a good claw with Serpent Air or Bite Stamp and a very high Native attribute.

Octo Diablo's first form goes down surprisingly easily if you have a strong gunblade with a very high Beast attribute and Bullet Dance, as it has a lot of hit boxes. I actually use a fully ground Karakasa Jikomi (70 monogrinders), and it even works all right for the first half of the fight on Super Hard.

Good luck. The game gets a lot more fun on Hard.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.