View Poll Results: What else do you use aside from your primary class weaponry?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use everything at my disposal!

3 17.65%
  • Hunter weapons

3 17.65%
  • Ranger weapons

6 35.29%
  • Force weapons

0 0%
  • Nothing else, I stick to my guns (pun intended)

5 29.41%

Default Offhand Secondary Gear

What do your characters use that aren't primary for their class (HU = swords, RA = guns, FO = staves)?

An example would be a FOmar with machineguns. They have that option, but when would that be a better alternative to allout rod melee / tech casting? I'm very interested in the opinions this topic could bring out, as some people have built their characters to be unique in order to take advantage of all their weapon options, useful or not. We have the option to carry around multiple mags and units to change playstyle without having to 'port back to town, so I'm curious to see how people have taken advantage of this, if at all.

(Personal Rant: I don't like that HUcasts can be amazing rangers that can pull bigger numbers with their guns than a RAcast (from what I've seen, at least) and have the wide melee weapon selection to boot)

...Discuss!
    "Oh Earth, what changes has thou seen / There were the long street roars
    Hath been the stillness of the central sea / The hills are shadows
    And they flow from form to form / And nothing stands
    Like clouds that shape themselves and go"

I have a Radiant that Blueberry gave me with wicked numbers and Flame Hit, and I use it on my Hunters. It's sunshine in a bag. I'm also a big fan of gunblades, and still use my old Karakasa Jikomi+70 with Bullet Dance on Octo Diablo. Gonna have to get me an Emperor Axeon one of these days...

Oh, and I'm starting up Project FOcaseal right now. Would you like to donate mind mats to Project FOcaseal?
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

FOmars can use Mech guns. But they aren't great with them thanks to them still lacking in power and attack acc, in comparison. They can be useful in certain situations, but they pale compared to techs. Plus, if a FOmar puts a bit of concentration into ATA, they may be better off using their melee staff attacks. Still, they can use them ok, but I think they balance well in their hands. You can use them, but not to the effectiveness or power a Ranger could. Cast Hunters are probably the main class, in the game, that has weapons I believe they shouldn't have. They really should've lowered their gun access in the game, as it does break the balance between them and Cast Rangers a bit too much. The most powerful ranger shouldn't be a hunter.

(Though arguably, they had that balance issue for a little while in PSU, too) Thank goodness, they came to their senses later. And especially by PSP2 where ATA factors into gun damage. A good plan in case another aspect of end-game design has it that class-specific ATA stops mattering for hit percentage.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 25, 2009 at 10:31 PM.

I'm a HUnewearl gunblade freak. :P Use my Neidaryl 99% of the time, love it to death.

I found a Emperor Axeon yesterday in ET Allison want it? Useless to my race. :/
    Has 18% native and 23% beast. heat lvl.3 and earth bullet. Not the best percents in the world but something to use til you find a better one. Oh and its free btw. (I can't use it and there's nothing else I really want in the game.)
    "No amount of power can compete with speed you can't even touch"

I am a HUnewearl to know what you are take the quiz here.

Thanks, but I'll pass.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Force using mech guns n sabers here. Where the boondock saints reenactment at?

FC PSzero: 3696 0123 4211

On my FOmar i use sometimes a hunter weapon and on my HUnewearl sometimes Force weapons online.
    add me on PSZ/PS0! FC: 0431-8801-2298 Lv 86FOmar and a Lv50 Hunewearl. PM me if u added me!

Sorry for my worst english i'm not english hehe...

As a RA I gotta pack HU weapons on some levels of SH or face the horrors of gun resistance.
    PSZ FC: 2063 9275 2232
    (If you add me let me know so I can add you too)

Spike - RAmar lvl 85
    Bender - HUcast lvl 13
    Rena - FOnewearl lvl 28