Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A question about protranser

Well, i've always been fighmaster so i know nothing about protranser or what they use on they're pallete, so if someone could be so kind a to tell me what would be the best protranser setup that be great, thanks.

Protranser is mainly a gunning class, so if you don't have Lv40 bullets, it's meh.

Best setup is female cast with Lv40 bullets in all elements for shotgun, laser and bow, and Boma Duranga for the grenades. Then you'll need some melee options, knuckles and spears do an amazing job.

Of course, use EX traps, especially Freeze ones, a lot.

PT is not much of a solo class, though, unlike Fighmaster or Gunmaster.

i agree with Hrith, i have played protranser since they only had A ranks and no EX traps till recently when i killed off my protranser to make a new techer :P

the grenade launcher should be one of those weapons that you use alot more than you think you will, it is best used not with the suicide PA but the freeze PA (either the pa frag one or ice they both freeze but the pa frag one is guarenteed freeze on limited numbers) but remember to get as many bullets as you can handle for it, dark (virus) and ice and fire should be your main staple with it.

laser cannons got a real boost not too long back and now they are truly amazing get as many bullets as you can and level them all. one of your main damage weapons

shotguns are your main weapon most of the time high damage and multi targets, get a nice cheap A rank and level those bullets up to 21 ASAP (a van or madam brella will be great) then switch to your baret or pakuda or SN if you have one. the levels will climb quickly just from killing after 21.

Bows are one of those hidden gems that get lost in the mix. high damage when leveled and they cut through the enemies natural defenses so most enemies will take the same level of damage (bullet resist means nothing with a bow ) i only ever used dark and light on the bow (long range virus for jarba and such like and sniping confusion for casters so you wont get hit with their magic)

the mele weapons are just there to get you out of trouble TBH

swords only really need tornado break, knuckles are good but still meh, axes are good for jabroga...... but you have a grenade launcher for dragons and such so its a little meh also. spears are great for damage and all PA's are nice

you will be to solo but it is really a party class. cant attack while trapping

casts are best as a protranser but human is also great yet lacks greatly the SUV, but you level bullets quicker as a human.
    Last edited by darthplagis; Dec 30, 2009 at 10:45 AM.
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

Thank you Hrith and darthplagis, you were both really helpful. Thanks to your advice, i think i know what i should use now, thanks again!

i am a beast and i use protranser a lot. i never use grenades or bows(not because they aren't useful). i use shotguns and melee weapons and traps. i like the choice of S ranks Sword,Axe,Spear all heavy dmg dealers, shotguns for tagging/freezing, and i just carry a bow but not in my palette incase a certain boss needs long range attack.

i wouldnt limit protranser to just a ranger class. but yeah, its not strong when compared to other classes but it gives a good choice of weapons that no other class offers
    ----PS2 Player----
    Rygar - Level 170 - Beast - AF / FF / PT
    Zelda - Level 103 - Newman - FT / AT

Im going to have to disagree with a great many people. I still play PT and although I am far from maxed out, most of my pa's are. All my shotties, all the striking pas the class can use in all catagories, and bows are all maxed for this class. Currently I am working on pistols.

Heres the thing, PT has terrible acc. so it really hurts using laser cannons so unless you plan to switch over to GM or already have them lvld than I would stay clear of them simply because of acc. Bows well I would say yeah they are good except for a single pistol will outdamage them in most cases and lvl 40 pistol shots have lvl 3 s.e.'s.

As far as I am concerned and how I play this class:

For guns, shotties will be your primary weapons, especially after laying traps. But pistols although boring do come in as a close second.

For striking PA's you have a lot of options, however I would stick with PA's that give good acc. as well as those PA's that can deal high damage to single targets.

Striking I like Knuckles for their acc. but like I said you do have quite a many options, and hell its fun to pull out an axe every once in a while. But really all you need is some nice single sabers and that pistol combo with maybe even 2 shotties on your pallete and youll be good.

As far as soloing, actually this class can solo quite fine, ive been doing it for a nearly two years, and no not two years I have had a PT, for two years that is all I have played, nearly 4000+ hours, and maybe it takes me an extra minute but I can keep up with the best of them. Sure certain missions will give you a pain, any missions with robots is a little tougher and youll wish you either had a rifle for KS or more ATP like a true fighting class, but once you begin maxing out you character and PA's really non of the missions in this game are very difficult.

As far as damage, as a beast 160 lvl 20 PT, I recently just started playing again after a two month break, Im dealing straight up 1100 per shot with lvl 40 shottie shots and lvl 2 buffs, thats pretty decent damage right there so it is possible to see the same damage as some of the other gunner classes, however if you switch over to using Cannons, you may still see the numbers but youll also be seeing quite a lot more zeros than you'd prefer to see, especially against high evade enemies such as deljabans I wouldnt even consider laser pa's as a PT on those guys.

Laser Cannons, Shotguns and Grenade Launchers work best for me as a Protranser. I haven't found the Longbow to be that useful unless it is Onmagoug or Dimmagolus but the Handgun I like using - mainly because it's the only strafing weapon available. It is flat out, better than the Longbow for first person damage if it is in range.

I haven't really found the Longsword to be too useful in parties - mainly because I don't feel it is my main priority to be dealing damage but to either pin things down or keep them still. So that's usually an EX trap, G trap, Laser Cannon or Grenade Launcher.

Knuckles are nice - but I've only really found a use for Bogga Zubba and Bogga Robado - seeing as I only really like the looks of Gudda Skela though... I am not so good or valuable with them.

Spear is useful - it's a nice fallback to go to Dus Majarra or Dus Daggas for quick damage - I use them when I am tired or face a bullet resistant enemy. Axes don't tend to be so useful to me but Anga Jabroga is lots of fun - I don't deal much with it but it's so fun to use.

Rising Strike is such a nice and lazy PA to use...

I'm a human male Protranser and I don't hit 1000 damage per bullet with my Shotgun, I think it's around 800 or so... Laser Cannon is definitely stronger than Shotgun though - I'm sure that was at least 1000 per shot. My Gunmaster can do 1400s and such..!

You do really need Lv. 40 bullets to help out though... but it'll be a fun class to play no matter what level your PAs are. EX traps can REALLY make you and your team lazy though.... heh...

the thing with beast protransers and any other gunner type for that matter, is the bad natural accuracy. thats why beast protransers do better with melee as the higher * melle weapons have high accuracy (kubara ones even more so).

melee overall does suffer on a protranser as you take quite a hit to ATP.

the thing with bows i mentioned, they are like i said great but tend to get lost in all of the other options you have. but status effect sniping they cant be beat (bows have highest SE rate, or used to). onmagouge and dimigolus are the main foci of your bow but magas magana (shoot his middle section or arm joints) and de rol li/falz (body sheild and flying bomb sniping) take nice damage with it

my old protranser was a human and for all i did less overall damage he was a great asset to the groups that i ran in, but if we needed more damage it was just a quick switch to forte fighter and we were off (this was obviously pre master class).

also the key to playing protranser with melee, learn what effects your PA's have. like rising strike turns over kog nad and others of that shape, while it knocks back smaller enemies.
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

Well I play cast PT and my palette is split half and half melee/guns. Knuckles and shotguns are my favorite PT weapons, my palette also contains a laser cannon and spear at all times. I usually carry a sword and bow(at least) in my inventory as well.

Being a cast I don't have accuracy issues with PT, and while It won't out damage pure fighter/gunner classes it's awfully fun to use. Protranser is so versatile that there isn't a right or wrong way to play it!
    Last edited by Gibdozer; Dec 31, 2009 at 11:43 AM.

Always out numbered... never outgunned sikotic_demon's Avatar

Most of the time i would agree with you about there is no wrong way to play Protranser Gibdozer.... However i think i have finally seen a horriably wrong way to play it.... I ran into a guy a while back who was a beast protranser using only freeze ex traps 3 neutral longswords with gravity break maxed and 3 axes with jabroga maxed.... not the brightest bulb there... My main has been a protranser since firebreak ended and as a human male at 161 he holds his own soloing. i think the trick to this class is playing it in a manner that better fits your play style... i lean twards the fighting side cause being a gunner is too boring to me... just mix and match your pallet and youll know when youve found the right setup...
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name