View Poll Results: Have you ever got error #86420 when going on Free Play?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have NEVER gotten this error.

7 43.75%
  • I get this error rarely.

5 31.25%
  • I get this error sometimes.

3 18.75%
  • I get this error often.

1 6.25%
  • I almost ALWAYS get this error.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Error code #86420?

When I go on Free Play, I sometimes get disconnected. It says: Error #86420, which is a connection problem between players.

I would like to know, has anyone ever gotten this error code? If so, how often do/did you get it? Did you ever fix the problem? How?

EDIT: I would really like to know whether this is just normal or if I set my router wrong... again. I thought I finally fixed it, but I'm still getting this code (sometimes).

Oh, just to clarify, this is all talking about at the Matchmaking screen. =)
    Last edited by Tales; Jan 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
    PSØ F/C: 2021 0409 3251
    HUcaseal - Tales - Level 31
    HUnewearl - Rixzi - Level 74
    RAcaseal - Mixzi - Level 20

I voted "I get this error rarely.".

Sadly, I don't know what causes this, and I don't know how to fix it.
    On the other hand, it occurs maybe once in 30 free plays, if not less, and you can still save your progress when getting disconnected.

does it happen often? I used to get those errors on MPH. Try resetting your DS. If that doesn'rt work it is probably a firewall in your router kicking you off.

I would say about 2/10 times.

Honestly and unfortunately, I believe I've done all I can.

Set up a Static connection on my PC, Router and DSi.
    Turned router's Firewall off.
    Opened up TCP & UDP ports 1-65535.
    Put a WEP key on my Router.

Ugh. XD

I get this error alot, roughly 80% of the time :/.. followed what the nintendo site says and hasnt improved much.. i just put it down to the fact im in the UK using a US import, but i can play with Jap people easy ;s
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Yea, um, 2/10... scratch that. Just did a little test (or was going to, but gave up).
    I got it 4 times in a row. Bawww... T-T

Also, Dnd, do you have any problems connecting with friends or is it just Free Play? =/

EDIT: Ok, 5 times. Just tried again. I get disconnected faster than normal, though. I think that means it's working! LOL

See, I had a problem where I could only do Free Play (even then I got disconnected, but a lot less) and connect with about 20% of people through friend codes. So yesterday, I opened up the TCP and UDP ports and BAM!, I could connect with the friends I couldn't before.

Hm. Really bad Free Play. Guess that's the price I have to pay? XD
    Last edited by Tales; Jan 10, 2010 at 01:49 PM.

I got this just now. To me if usually happen sometimes and varies i.e. like I couldn't connet for a night or I able to log in after one attempt. I think the problem to this is something like too many people online or something. I just type that error code onto Nintenndo ds support to find out.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc...i&locale=en_US

Error Code: 86420
    This error occurs when there is a communication problem between players during online gameplay.

Try this:

If your router's security software (firewall) is turned on, it may block communication that is required for online gameplay. To fix this, try disabling the router's firewall*.
    Most firewall settings are located under the "Advanced" or "Security" tab.
    If the problem still persists with the firewall off, you may need to open ports on your router through the Port Forwarding feature.
    Create a manual connection on your Wii and assign a static IP Address.
    Open ports 1 through 65535 as both TCP and UDP.
    Ensure the ports are forwarded to the same IP Address given to the Wii during the manual setup.
    Trouble connecting to a friend?
    If the above steps have not resolved the issue and you are trying to connect with specific friends, the problem could potentially be an issue on your friend's network. Your friend will have to perform these troubleshooting steps with their home network.

Using USB Connector or Lan Adapter? Please call 1-800-255-3700 so that we can assist you further.

*While Nintendo provides this information for our consumers' use, it is up to each consumer to determine what security needs they have for their own networks, and to decide how best to configure their network settings to meet those needs.
    Your signature image is over the file size limit. Please reduce to 35,000 bytes or less.

That's what I recommended she try...don't think it helped...

Tales, I thought this was for playing with friends? I haven't gotten it on Free Play, only when I try and play with you
    XP

First time I ever played with Tales with during a Free Play, then I PM'd her and we exchanged FC's.

Her and I can play fine together.

Tales, are their any other PSO-World members you've been able to play with?
    Camille - HUnewearl - lvl 100 | Asterion - RAmarl - lvl 70 | Lucidique - FOnewearl - lvl 100

PM me your FC + nickname, if you add me.