Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First encounter with Humilias after Normal mode

So I read all the posts about Humilias. I was working my way through Hard mode thinking there's no way he's as hard as people are making him out to be. Just stay between his legs! Besides, I have a max chain Flozir to give me 40 seconds of uninterrupted Razonde! This will be cake!

It wasn't cake. It wasn't even pie. It was.... a humiliation

He was difficult for me for awhile on my HUcast, but as the old folks say "you don't learn as much the 3rd time the mule kicks you in the head" after running him a bunch of times I eventually found a little process that works for me.
    I've been using my Dioskuroi over my Sword lately cause million rave charges quicker and has a wider arc to hit both legs easily with, which is key.

Start of Fight pop PB
    Right as he begins "hover mode" and is sitting still, unleash PA hit both legs
    Don't do it if he starts moving otherwise you're going to be hell bent to keep up with him and will probably have to roll to avoid lasers and get between his legs.
    Just stay behind him as he shoots lasers
    After he shoots lasers if there is a person in front of him a ways he will go sword mode, back WAY off even if behind him it can hit you as he swings the sword back.
    After sword he will ground slam which has a much smaller radius and gives you time to unleash your PA or tech w/e.
    If no one is far ahead in front of him he will skip sword and go to ground slam
    After ground slam he jumps back and either A. hover mode or B. split mode
    Split mode usually happens only when A. you've done enough damage to him from the start of the fight (note at the start of the fight until he takes enough damage he only shoots 1 laser type, after the 1st split mode he'll use both) or B. he's hover mode-ed about 4 times.
    The best times to hit him with PA's in normal mode is at the start of hover mode or right after the ground slam.

Now when he split modes you see him start to break apart in 2, ROLL in case the top part charges you right off the bat, otherwise it will circle 1-2 times then charge you but rolling off the bat still gives you time to roll again.
    Stand in front of the bottom part, to force it to charge, roll out of the way, roll immediately after cause it will shoot lasers at you... after that unless the top part is teleporting around which shouldnt happen if you force the bottom part to charge early, Humilias will reform. You can't damage the seperate parts of course.

The final hurdle is in normal mode SOMETIMES when he goes to hover mode he will activate the tiles which have 2 main settings:
    If his hp is high/medium he will only activate the tiles that he or you/allies step on, and they can cause a status ailment based on color (orange = burn / blue = freeze).
    If his hp is low he will activate all the tiles and they will blink and explode within a couple seconds of each other.
    The thing I've noticed is instead of rolling around to dodge the explosions if I hold down the button to charge my PA and walk around I will eat the explosion damage but not get knocked down so I can keep up with Humilias and not get lasered to death.

Phew.

Well these are my obvservations anyway.
    Last edited by Tizerak; Jan 13, 2010 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Opodomus View Post
    So I read all the posts about Humilias. I was working my way through Hard mode thinking there's no way he's as hard as people are making him out to be. Just stay between his legs! Besides, I have a max chain Flozir to give me 40 seconds of uninterrupted Razonde! This will be cake!

It wasn't cake. It wasn't even pie. It was.... a humiliation
    Haha! Welcome to the Humilias Hate Club! XD
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

Dang, he must have been really low life when he finally got me then... He was doing the attack where all squares light up simultaneously

Opo, wait till you fight him on SH XD

He's easy on Normal and Hard, but from what I"ve heard, he's pretty fast and deadly on SH. Wait til then and then you can talk lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirukia View Post
    He's easy on Normal and Hard, but from what I"ve heard, he's pretty fast and deadly on SH. Wait til then and then you can talk lol.
    Actually, he can still be very easy if you have a Slow and Ice Protect. After that, it's all about dodging his attacks
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

He still tends to OHKO me if I forget to Jellen him every so often. Other than that he can't kill me unless I don't watch my HP. I still find Octo Diablo more annoying. It might be because I refuse to learn how to fight him though.
    PS0 Friend Code:
    3094 8176 8303

Wait until Super.
    Hope you like those floor-tiles.

Humilias is only hard cause of his trap floors and inadequate dps from your character.