Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Force discussion

So I keep hearing about how terrible forces are in this game but im still too reluctant to give up on them until later levels.

Right away when I first tried my force I kinda agreed since my AoE ranged spells couldn't hit more then one enemy unless they were holding hands and I hit the middle one. My foie hurt as much as a single melee attack from the daggers 7 chain regular combo.

I figured it's probably just like the other phantasy star's force curse, which is in the beginning your about as useful as a wet paper bag.

My spells are only about lvl 10-14 now and I'm only level 10 force but im already seeing significant improvement in my ability to actually harm enemies. My foie is hitting as hard as about four melee hits from the daggers 7 chain regular combo, and my AoE ranged spells are starting to hit enemies if they are roughly within 4 small enemy size or 1 big enemy size distance apart.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun but it seems like my force is starting finally have gotten past the hump from uselessness to mediocre and hopefully the higher spells I get will help make the AoE like the old RaFoie in that I can cast 3 of them and kill every enemy in the room including opening any boxes. In addition to foie while not being fully comparative to a hunter's dps ,but being on par to say a ranger in terms of dps.

Any way I was wondering if any high level forces (lvl 25+ with lvl 25+ spells) could give me any feed back on if forces will be as strong as I think they can become.

Any forces with bravers lvl 25 pp regain ability and lvl 30 force technique cut cost ability feed back would be much appreciated on how often you run out of mana. (As a FOmarl I can spam foie forever with my staff and not go oom).

Nobody's interesting in having a force discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by kongajinken View Post
    Any forces with bravers lvl 25 pp regain ability and lvl 30 force technique cut cost ability feed back would be much appreciated on how often you run out of mana. (As a FOmarl I can spam foie forever with my staff and not go oom).
    This requirement kind of kills any hope for discussion, as there aren't many people with any class at 25 or level 30 arts of any type or that play force at all.

There's gotta be someone out there some where. >.>

I was just wondering about higher level forces in general not necessarily ones with braver at lvl 25.

I really wanted to play as a force this time, I finished the story with a Fonewearl ... it was HARD!
    So I just started over with a HUmarl (Female Human Hunter) and the game plays like the uber-easy version of what it used to...

Gonna switch to braver after reaching job level cap to support my party online...

well i tried the cheated save.
    And force was very strong, not losing any pp at all while using machine guns(female newman,pp regen,force technique cut cost ability) to build up chains and finishing the enemy with a strong spell.
    Damage output is about the same as hunter and it's range which means easier building of chains!!

i am workin alittle on force class but i found it verry interestin that people could lv it up to 25-30 cause force is sooo weak at def hp and force abilities are not so usefull only few so i use pp restore it help alot , also depent on race i think newman female is the way to go on force class

As a lv 30 force on a Human Male I found the game to just take longer.
    Using 6 wands and 6 tech mags is a silly idea, apart from regrant, no spell is very effective at raising the chain.

I would say that a ranger is much safer and faster at running missions, I found forces to be the weakest in the game for help building the chain and doing high damage. Grants and Regrant were my most useful spells, so, because you can't use them with any element it just limits the missions forces are decent at.

However -- playing as a force is interesting and fun! '

I really wanted to play as a force this time, I finished the story with a Fonewearl ... it was HARD!
    I can't imagine. I get two shotted enough as it is as a FOmarl.

Samurai of the Revolution Cypher29's Avatar

Every Class has its own feel to it. You just pick what are most comfortable with